It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we responsible for our own actions?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Every single person posting a reply/comment leaves his emotional footprint in his/her posts providing informations about their current mood, personality, aim and abilities.

Those people who can decrypt these valueable informations, will always know where that particular person is heading to and what his reactions will be. It is possible to read back a simple text, and even considering other factors, that can make this exploration fantastic.

Highly paranormal, but no matter how hard you try, there is no way to be under cover, because you keep leaving your own fingerprint on every single text you write. Even you could try recognizing another person through his text, not a massive practice to take control of this ability.

Of course, some people first must be aware that paranormal abilities do exist, and whether that person is gifted or just learned it, he is not the kind of human being to play around with. It just doesn't worth it.

I advise everyone to keep their (possible) abilities in control, there might be situations when these provide great help...!!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
sim,

As far as I'm concerned we are not having a religious debate, so unless you are feeling that way I do not believe your thread will turn to that.

But it is the difference, even as applied to the interpretation and even acceptance of what any "religious document" (the bible as one) by the individual that drives home that we are not a symbiotic unified conscience.

Paranormal issues are (in most cases) turn out to be overexplained in religious comments. This is just the way people think, nobody should be blamed for this. People try to explain the unexplained things using their own (learned) skills/knowledge, and of course, many people (so do I) use the Bible as reference. I believe, this is not abnormal.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
For what it's worth, my opinion is "Yes, we are responsible for our own actions." Even assuming a "Stranger in a Strange Land" scenario, where we are all god, the fact that we know the difference between right and wrong makes us responsible.

This recent societal trend to blame anyone but onesself for one's actions fills me with disgust. Everything from those fat kids blaming it on McDonald's to the awful parents who prefer to give their kids pills instead of discipline... We live in a society of Professional Victims who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions, and the media eats it up like candy.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Of course we are ultimately held accountable for our actions and our intentions as well. This is evidenced in Near Death Experience research. No matter what the religious background, we all go through a life review when we transition, whereby we get to see how our lives impacted those around us. If we ignore the lessons of the life review and do not strive to counterbalance our karmic debts, we cannot ascend to a spiritual plane in The Light and are forced to stay in the lower, hellish, astral dimensions, surrounded by the like-minded spiritually indifferent. All of this points to the existence of absolute truth and absolute morality. That is why striving to live by The Golden Rule on both sides of the spectrum is so important.

The reason why there is a strong pull among many to embrace a collective consciousness is because most of us were part of a Group Entity in the Spirit before we incarnated this time around. Many remember the bliss of this experience and wish to return to it -- when personal responsibility and accountability was overshadowed by the energy and telepathic unity of the discarnate collective. For a time members feel that they are beyond good and evil because of the shared consciousness and combined energies, but this is an illusion and pitfall of discarnate group dynamics. Newly formed Group Entities constantly weaken themselves in The Light from unethical actions against innocents. They are not immune to Universal Law.

Incarnating allows us to improve upon our individuality through struggle but that individuality is never lost � even if we were to once again unite our soul with (join) a large Group Entity consisting of millions in the discarnate dimensions.

Finally, there is group karma just as there is individual karma. The Light in heaven and the Universal Law which governs it is inescapable and unalterable, and is not a respecter of individuals and collectives. No personality or group thereof escapes accountability on the Other Side.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
This recent societal trend to blame anyone but onesself for one's actions fills me with disgust. Everything from those fat kids blaming it on McDonald's to the awful parents who prefer to give their kids pills instead of discipline... We live in a society of Professional Victims who refuse to take responsibility for their own actions, and the media eats it up like candy.

This trend is not unique. In fact, most people learn it to get away , and in most cases definately works. These people will always be on the run, and reasonable ones will never take them seriously. Of course, I am not judging others, but this thread is definately about responsibility, and this kind of behaviour has got to be learnt in today's life.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
No matter how you try to rationalize it, you are responsible for your own actions.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
isn't 'the man' keeping us down? Aren't we just products of our environment? The universal concious wants me to be this way so isn't it 'our' fault? The trauma our parents gave us is surely responsible...and oh! The school system is really terrible, they can't be blameless. Better still, it's God's fault for allowing all this to happen. I plead insanity! It can't be MY fault!

[edit on 18-12-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by instar
Similacra, can you explain in a different way how we might "not" be responsible for our own actions?

With a different theory or the one stated on the first post?

Anyone you like, its quite thought provoking.

[edit on 013131p://47121 by instar]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheeser
we arent responsible for our own action. From the first instance of the big bang, everything that would happen to today was already pre-determined. From where each atom was moving. Quantum physics. If you know where every atom is heading, you can predict the future.

I'm not big into understanding quantum physics, but isn't it more like probabilities?
IOW, from the moment of the BigBang, you could determine where every atom may go, but not where it will go.
Every possible future could be charted, but it is still choice and decision which determines the path we actually take...

MHO

From the moment I was born, you could have charted a million different feasible lifepaths to determine where I would be after 25 years. My choices during my life are what have brought me to be sitting here now, typing this out.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
Each one of us "translates" it differently.

Every possible idea/situation/outcome already exist in the CC(Cosmic Consciousness). That�s one of the very definitions of it.

Originally posted by elaine
So ultimately, we are all responsible for our own actions.

How can one be responsible when the totality of our actions already exist?

Sim - I understand more of your point, by reading through your answers to others, but still -

I agree that every possible idea/situation/outcome comes from a CC.
But on an individual level, we are still free to choose -

an example:

I am walking down the street, and am approached by a homeless man who asks me for change.
There are countless paths leading off of this encounter.
I can give the man the change from my pocket.... I can dig into my wallet and give him a $5... I can tell him to F*** Off.... I can tell him sorry, but No... I can ask him his name and sit and spend five minutes having a conversation with him.... I can ignore him.... I can take him to lunch with me... I can push him down... I can lie to him...

Etc..

I admit - all these possible reactions already exist and extend into the future to the next choice where it breaks off again and again and again.

I admit - I'm not innovative - there is no response I can think of, which isn't planned for, by the universe.

But - it is my choice. It is our choice. We, as individuals, determine our collective future on a second by second basis.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Sorry for the triple post, but i was away from the thread for a couple days...

The point I was making was...

we CHOOSE, and if in choosing, we hurt another person (intentionally/while knowing the consequences/etc.) then yes, we are responsible for that.

Because we always have the choice to NOT act in a way which hurts others...

(for example)

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango
Sorry for the triple post, but i was away from the thread for a couple days...

The point I was making was...

we CHOOSE, and if in choosing, we hurt another person (intentionally/while knowing the consequences/etc.) then yes, we are responsible for that.

Because we always have the choice to NOT act in a way which hurts others...

(for example)

Yes, you are right.... some people deliberately create situations to hurt others, just to see the outcome. But they don't usually count with the consequences, which could be far worse than what their mind can comprehend. Usually if a person is stressed/hurt/bugged by another, he/she will either crumble , or will develop a self-defense against that particular person. In this case that person playing around can face the most unexpectable situations, that turn out to be against him, not even realizing that it is all his fault.

I suggest everyone to keep away from tampering with other people's feelings, they can be dangerous if harmed. At this point, responsibility will not be needed as a normal person knows where are the borderd. Some nuts don't know where to stop, and at the adult age they are not even capable of learning simple rules.

Well, this is my opinion. I hope, some adults CAN learn...!!

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
YES, we are all responsible for our own actions, since we are aware of ourself, and of our actions.

I�m going to go out on a limb and say that just because we are aware of these 'actions' that we are not necessarily responsible for them. Just as if we are aware that a volcano is erupting or the sun setting. Being aware definitely denotes existence, but not personal responsibility.

Legally of course, at the age of 16/18 a person is punished for commiting a crime.

Again, another way that laws/religion/society try to convince us of our personal responsibility.

I say, whatever a person has achieved in his life, he is responsible for that

According to the Cosmic Consciousness, every achievement is not a personal achievement but a universal achievement. There have been test in which a group of people were given the daily newspaper crossword puzzle. Every day they each were required to complete the puzzle. Some were faster at solving the puzzles, others were a little slower. However when the group was given a week old puzzle, they all solved it at an amazing rate. Why? Because the knowledge was already out there.

Also, personal achievements are a result of the Ego. However, with the dissolution of the Ego we will realize two things:
1: That we are all one
2: That there is no such thing as self (eliminating personal responsibilities, personal achievements...etc)

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheeser
we arent responsible for our own action. From the first instance of the big bang, everything that would happen to today was already pre-determined. From where each atom was moving. Quantum physics. If you know where every atom is heading, you can predict the future.
And plus, its the chemical balances in our body that also determine actions. no conscience or free will.

well that my theory

Pre-determination. Good Theory. This eliminates the notion of 'free will' Another angle to take on this thread is:

If God determines what happens in our lives then how can we possibly be responsible for our actions?

God in the sense of a 'supreme being'. Please no passage quoting and religion bashing.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
But it is the difference, even as applied to the interpretation and even acceptance of what any "religious document" (the bible as one) by the individual that drives home that we are not a symbiotic unified conscience.

Well as you probably know Valhall im going to argue that these 'interpretations' is just the remainder of a complex mathematical equation in which 'Politics/Religion/Society/Economy...etc' influence us and ultimately deceive us in realizing that we are indeed the Cosmic Consciousness and supremely one.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Every single person posting a reply/comment leaves his emotional footprint in his/her posts providing informations about their current mood, personality, aim and abilities.

Emotions. Moods. Personalities are all based on Political/Economic/Religious...etc. factors in our society. Culture is influenced by our environment. And culture plays a large role in our Mood, Emotions and personalities.

Those people who can decrypt these valueable informations, will always know where that particular person is heading to and what his reactions will be.

If I understood you right then yes, ultimately a humans life can be somewhat predicted based on certain factors in their environment and things they are exposed to.

Of course, some people first must be aware that paranormal abilities do exist, and whether that person is gifted or just learned it, he is not the kind of human being to play around with. It just doesn't worth it.

I don�t quite understand you. Are you saying that the ability to realize the cosmic consciousness is related to a persons paranormal abilities?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Probably it is ideal to separate some factors questioning a person's responsibility:

Those rules that we learn through our life guide us every day and its knowledge ensures that we are aware of the consequences of every single act. Ignorant people could hardly know these rules, they have to learn them to proceed in life. Also, law is set up in every nation to guide people in a community.

There are factors that we are aware of (but we can't take responsibility of that), eg: the sun is shining, a volcano is erupting. But there are people who can take responsibility over a volcano eruption, and they can be charged if they make a mistake.

I am again driven to the same point: It is the easiest thing to get away from responsibility by pointing to someone else, or pinting to a natural, inevitable existance.

Every single individual is responsible for anything he/she is aware of, and has the knowledge to alter that!!

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
the fact that we know the difference between right and wrong makes us responsible.

If we didn�t know the concept of right and wrong, then how can we make the difference? Right and Wrong are manmade concepts. Not universal. Do you think the universe cares what is right?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

If we didn�t know the concept of right and wrong, then how can we make the difference? Right and Wrong are manmade concepts. Not universal. Do you think the universe cares what is right?

You are WRONG!! Every single living creature knows what is right or wrong, this is one basis of evolution!! There are simple laws in the Universe, that's the right thing, because there is no "wrong". Only one direction.

A creature decides to addict to an existing world, it will have to change the environment in order to live the way most suitable. Even the very first microscopic creatures knew what is right/wrong, they evolved on an exact path to create advanced manlike thinking creatures.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
This is evidenced in Near Death Experience research. No matter what the religious background, we all go through a life review when we transition, whereby we get to see how our lives impacted those around us.

If you say there is evidence, can you provide evidence on how Near Death research proves personal responsibility?

All of this points to the existence of absolute truth and absolute morality.

The concept of absolute is the brain merely polarizing our universe. Absolute/Questionable, Black/White, Good/Evil. Our brains are hard wired to devise an opposite to nearly any concept.

That is why striving to live by The Golden Rule on both sides of the spectrum is so important.

I think you proved my point in showing that religion plays a large role in influencing us that we are indeed individuals and we must treat other individuals with the respect we deserve. This can also metaphorically mean that we need to treat others the way we would like to be treated because essentially they are us.

As for the rest of the post are you agreeing that there is a Cosmic Consciousness and that we are merely trapped in physical bodies for our duration on Earth?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join