It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man loses half his skull after jailers withhold antibiotics for sinus infection

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Good ol Oklahoma for you. Before I read this thread, I KNEW it would be either Oklahoma or Texas where this happened. They aint right in that region of America.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well it doesnt take an attorney to say that the medical is a civil right's issue and is in fact the law of the land for even prisoners, and those apprehended. Its not a legal attorney's opinion, it is a fact.

And any judgement to let this go is unlawful and rogue.
edit on 7-2-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Medications in jail is a real issue, I have heard of a few other people I know having this problem - apparently the jails don't let you take your prescribed medications while you are in them.

It could be really dangerous for someone to suddenly change their medication doses when going to jail. It would happen to me, for example - I'm autistic and a few other things and on medications for it.
edit on 07pmSat, 07 Feb 2015 19:32:26 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 07pmSat, 07 Feb 2015 19:32:54 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: Anyafaj

Medications in jail is a real issue, I have heard of a few other people I know having this problem - apparently the jails don't let you take your prescribed medications while you are in them.

It could be really dangerous for someone to suddenly change their medication doses when going to jail. It would happen to me, for example - I'm autistic and a few other things and on medications for it.

Exactly! And autism medications are NOT something to play with in terms of stopping and starting suddenly! That's another thing that really ticked me off with my daughter, especially with her being autistic and all.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
This is very odd, the few times I was in jail I was able to get the meds i was prescribed with no problem. Heck, my buddy bought my bottles from my house and dropped them off at the jail and they gave them to me, no questions asked. They gave my own personal meds til they ran out then got the stuff from the dr.
Dunno what jails yall were dealing with, but this was in Florida and NC, and in both cases my meds werent refused, and were allowed to take my own personal meds bought from home.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
This is very odd, the few times I was in jail I was able to get the meds i was prescribed with no problem. Heck, my buddy bought my bottles from my house and dropped them off at the jail and they gave them to me, no questions asked. They gave my own personal meds til they ran out then got the stuff from the dr.
Dunno what jails yall were dealing with, but this was in Florida and NC, and in both cases my meds werent refused, and were allowed to take my own personal meds bought from home.

You must have been one of the lucky ones!

That or you got a really good jail!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

You forgot boiling them alive, starvation, and solitary confinement.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
That's terrible, she was much worse off than I. There's no way to get the jailers to be fair, the only recourse is having a lot of money and a passion for going after people who've mistreated you/others. Then you can hire a lawyer and take the allegations to court. The jailers really don't like that, but it happens so little, they don't let it stop them.

That's not the only recourse and you know it. I am working on a very long post trying to explain and share with everyone what is coming and the approx. timing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join