It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A proud Americans One Dollar Bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
There have been continual posts in this forum regarding the symbols used in the United State of America and their one dollar bill.

It has always concerned me that citizens of the country maybe are forgetting the true meaning of their beginnings and maybe are forgoing their history in favour of conspiracy theory and the fear they are being lied to.

Every American I have ever met personally is very proud of their heritage and their history.

So I searched for an alterante explination to the design of the one dollar bill, and for any proud American out there, I believe this is what the design is all about...

The Proper One Dollar Design Story

Which would you prefer, I know what would make me proud...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Nice find
Thanks for the link.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I was going to post some old bills to get some history going. In my search I came across something I never knew about. Military currency. Thought I'd share.

Link

(keep hitting next)

I found something everyone would want....

www.site16.com...

It's all about the Wilsons.

(don't want to usurp your thread bondi but have nothing really to add on the specific subject of the meanings as most links are conspiracy related)

[edit on 12-16-2004 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
In God We Trust

Now is this not starnge, I watched Miracle on 42nd street last night, the judgement on if there was a Chris Cringle was balanced on the words enscribed on a one dollar bill : 'In God We Trust'.

The premise being , we can not prove that God exists , but the United Staes of America and its government formally states that it trusts in God. Therefore the same can be said about Santa.

'In Santa we Trust'

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource
(don't want to usurp your thread bondi but have nothing really to add on the specific subject of the meanings as most links are conspiracy related)

Unfortunately as the web is not governed and any tom dick or harry can have a web, sometimes it takes a bit of time before you find alternate sources.

Don't know if you found the same, but a lot of the conspiracy sites regarding the one dollar bill the textual information is the same nearly if not word for word.

People are just copying and pasting the info to their own sites with no regard for fact or fiction.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Any other sites out there on the history? Just wondered what there was to corroborate it.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It looked good, but good LORD, that site was the MOST OBNOXIOUS thing I can think of off the top of my head. I don't like listening to midi files in the first place, and that constant blaring loop got to me...fast.

So, I read as fast as possible...seems like there is some good info there. I'm not so sure I liked his interpretation of the pyramid, though. I mean, it has merit, but I feel it's a bit of a stretch.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
To be absolutely honest there are hundreds of sites out there with the same story, some quite good quality ones at that.

It was a little game of my own as the majority of sites linked to referring to the alternate, conspiracy version of the creation of the dollar bill are of similar quality.

I was waiting for the debunking due to the quality of site

If you tap in One Dollar Bill into yahoo there are a number of sites from both versions.

I wont worry about posting a load more links as I think it will be more interesting for you guys to look through the differing sites, both of opinion and quality.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Interesting site but

The Eagle always wants to face the olive branch, but in time of war, his gaze turns toward the arrows.

There is no truth to this claim. I believe that they moved the eagle's head at one point, and that it had something to do with that, but during wartime it doesn't switch.

That bill isn't worth anything to no? Gold Certificates are worthless now right?

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   

That bill isn't worth anything to no? Gold Certificates are worthless now right?

I'm sure it's worthless as far as trading it for $100,000 in gold. But I bet a collector would pay even more if you happened to have one. Actually, those bills, from what I've read, were only used between banks to exchange large sums of money. If that's the case you would probably be arrested if caught with it. So in the end it's very valuable and could cost years in prison.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Interesting site but

The Eagle always wants to face the olive branch, but in time of war, his gaze turns toward the arrows.

There is no truth to this claim. I believe that they moved the eagle's head at one point, and that it had something to do with that, but during wartime it doesn't switch.

On the gaze of the eagle, the author of the site meant that metophorically.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Okay, the fact there is no conspiracy in this history would probably explain the lack of interest in the thread, but I am interested to know.

America, which one do you believe?

1) American History version

2) Conspiracy theory

I ask that the Americans on this board make their opinion known, democracy wins, majority rules.

Lets see the patriots of a great nation hold up the dollar or burn it on the spot. Let your fellow countrymen/women know and get them to cast their vote.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bondi
Okay, the fact there is no conspiracy in this history would probably explain the lack of interest in the thread, but I am interested to know.

America, which one do you believe?

1) American History version

2) Conspiracy theory

I ask that the Americans on this board make their opinion known, democracy wins, majority rules.

Lets see the patriots of a great nation hold up the dollar or burn it on the spot. Let your fellow countrymen/women know and get them to cast their vote.

I believe the American History version but there have been some hsitoric events that were manipulated by the government in one way or another.

[edit on 17-12-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I love the symbolism on the Dollar bill, every image on it seems to have something to say. Our money on the other hand is distinctly boring in comparison. Nice link Bondi i enjoyed reading it, although the musak did grate some.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource
I'm sure it's worthless as far as trading it for $100,000 in gold. But I bet a collector would pay even more if you happened to have one.

Ah, good point.

halloween
On the gaze of the eagle, the author of the site meant that metophorically.

Perhaps, but there is something of a myth that this infact does happen, not on dollar bills actually, but on the presidental logo thats used, that it gets switched with the alternate facing wartime logo.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Strange, but here si something for all you to think about.. I remember reading that the piramid was a symbol for freemasonry , and the "New World Order" part was also a symbol for freemasonry..

Well sorry if that didnt make sense, but I am certian of it because it is well known that many early Americans were Free Masons, including George Washington..

Also, the triangle is a common symbol in free masonry (ex. the pyramid)
I dont know if this helps any , but i still find it interesting(matching america with freemasonry)

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bondi[/i Lets see the patriots of a great nation hold up the dollar or burn it on the spot. Let your fellow countrymen/women know and get them to cast their vote.

Well I must say if the political mood in my fine nation was the same at the time of the design of the dollar bill, I for one, am going with conspiracy theory.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ivanglam
Strange, but here si something for all you to think about.. I remember reading that the piramid was a symbol for freemasonry , and the "New World Order" part was also a symbol for freemasonry..

That is the point of the thread, this is an alternate story to the origins of the symbology on the dollar bill

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacpipe

Originally posted by Bondi[/i Lets see the patriots of a great nation hold up the dollar or burn it on the spot. Let your fellow countrymen/women know and get them to cast their vote.

Well I must say if the political mood in my fine nation was the same at the time of the design of the dollar bill, I for one, am going with conspiracy theory.

Not sure what you mean, if you wouldn't mind re-wording it

I merely intend to ask those who are American, who over in England we are taught are very proud of their history etc etc, to say which they believe.

Unfortunately like what has happened many times, you post a thread debunking a conspiracy or offering an alternative you find it is always a quiet thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
one dollar bill wont even buy you a cup of coffee in east europe anymore

(just so you know)
So the design might not be the most important thing you should look into.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join