It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone should just self terminate in protest.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Birth > school > job > family > death
What about that cycle is supposed to appeal to me?

It could be worse.

You could have been born a Mayfly:
Birth > reproduce > death... All within a 48 hour life cycle.

How a person perceives their life journey will determine the scope of their internal happiness.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I perceive my life's journey as a torturous waking nightmare surrounded by willing slaves & false ideologies encompassed in a materialistic vacuum.

Needless to say, I've had some problems with depression. Enlightenments a real bitch.

Those flies have it good if you ask me. You cut out 2 steps & ~70 years of purgatorial reality.
edit on 7-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanormalGuy

Yeah, there is a lot to do out there to make things better. But I would rather sit here on my computer and complain and let someone else do it.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanormalGuy

"In the jungle without society the human animal could maintain happiness by eating bananas all day long. Bananas which are found in the threes all around them. Life was simple there and they could spend most of their time doing whatever they felt like doing..."

something along these lines?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
There is so much to learn that I will never, ever know it all. Richness of the mind and richness of spirit is what makes my life worth living. Who needs wealth?

All one really needs is enough to eat and a place to sleep with clothes for your back. Anything else they try to sell you is so much greed. It's not wrong to occasionally indulge, but it very much is a mistake to start thinking of gratification as happiness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join