It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any quick fix home remedies for strep throat?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: AnuTyr

a reply to: Annee

There is no such thing as a cure only treatment. Antibiotics is only treatment not a cure.

OK, cure might be the incorrect word.

Provide medical facts for the treatment of Strep other then antibiotics.

And BTW --- I am pro homeopathic. But, I'm not stupid. Sometimes antibiotics are needed. And in my experience, Strep is one of those.

.Gov education about Lemon balm and it's awesomeness

It's a potent plant, Should you chose Lemon balm istead of oragano, you would surely be feeling its enibriating effects. As the plant lemon balm does enduce a high, Which should help reduce the pain in the throat and the pain from dry coughing.

Where does it state it can work as an antibiotic in treatment of Strep?

Why are you so persistant. Go look for yourself.

Here's one specifically about strep throat recommending Lemon balm

Lemon balm strep throat .Gov

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It's not some homeopathic money cash grab it is a Legit way to treat Strep throat.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

This helps me when I get a sore throat don't taste the best but helps ease the soreness.

1/3 cup of white vinegar
1/3 cup of honey (local if possible)

Mix and and swallow 1-2 tablespoons a 2x a day.

Feel better and take your antibiotics.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I use collodial silver every time for strep throat. It always works. I haven't taken antibiotics in years.

I use Soverign Silver brand. You can usually find it at a local health store or get it Amazon prime in 2 days. I do a dropper full on my tonsils 3 times a day and try to let it sit there before swallowing. In 4 days I'm always good to go. After two days I feel no pain. I'll continue to do 1 dropper a day for maybe another 5 days.
edit on 6-2-2015 by fictitious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

There is no such thing as a cure only treatment. Antibiotics is only treatment not a cure.

OK, cure might be the incorrect word.

Provide medical facts for the treatment of Strep other then antibiotics.

And BTW --- I am pro homeopathic. But, I'm not stupid. Sometimes antibiotics are needed. And in my experience, Strep is one of those.

.Gov education about Lemon balm and it's awesomeness

It's a potent plant, Should you chose Lemon balm istead of oragano, you would surely be feeling its enibriating effects. As the plant lemon balm does enduce a high, Which should help reduce the pain in the throat and the pain from dry coughing.

Where does it state it can work as an antibiotic in treatment of Strep?

Why are you so persistant. Go look for yourself.

Here's one specifically about strep throat recommending Lemon balm

Lemon balm strep throat .Gov

From your link: Sore throats should be treated with antibiotics only if the strep test is positive. Antibiotics are taken to prevent rare but more serious health problems, such as rheumatic fever.

I already said this. Most sore throats are not Strep. But, Strep is a bacterial infection that can lead to complications. Only a test can determine if it's Strep. Antibiotics treat Strep, a bacterial infection.

I've had horrible sore throats that were not Strep. I've had Strep that was not as bad as other sore throats.

Any homeopathic that says they treated (or cured) their Strep without going to a medical doctor doesnt know what they're talking about. They'd have to first prove it was Strep --- not just a very sore throat.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Sucrets,your salt water gargle, over the counter pain meds when you don't need the prescription ones anymore,plenty of fluids,soups (clear broth) and lots of rest.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I once had a barmaid who had similar symptoms . I said semen will fix that .

Ended badly

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I went and got checked out today and have strep throat. It is incredibly unfortunate timing as I have big plans this weekend that I can't really renege on.

Anyone got any tips or tricks? This has got to be the most painful bout I've ever had, and I got antibiotics and pain killers (I NEVER use pain killers).

I'm going to try the old salt gargle.

It's only the right side, and my lymph node is enormous. It actually feels like a chicken egg, I thought that was just an expression. Feels like someone is stabbing from my throat into my ear with a pencil. In other words,

Thanks, I'm going to go wallow in pain now.

So how are you doing today? The antibiotics should have kicked in by now.

You've gotten some good advice here: I'd go with the powdered aspirin (anti-inflammatory & a pain-killer) and colloidal silver. I'm surprised no one mentioned Vitamin C.

If you were taking Liposomal C on a regular basis, I doubt you would even have strep throat.

Liposomal C will not upset the stomach. Neither will Ester Vitamin C.

I also believe in a product called "Swedish Bitters" I like the stuff made with alcohol and made in Germany.
Good for many different things. See Maria Treben's "Health through God's Pharmacy." She was a famous Austrian herbalist.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Ibuprofen works fast and good against infections.

I know even doctors give it as medicine combination with max doses of both Paracetamol and it for really nasty throat infections.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Make up a warm glass of water, add a couple of drops of Tea Tree essential oil and gargle. Make sure you keep stirring to swill the oil as much as possible.
Then make up about 10ml of carrier oil or cream with just a couple of drops of Thyme essential oil added and mixed thoroughly and massage into your neck making sure you don't miss behind your ears. Thyme oil kills staph or strep virus in about 20 minutes in lab conditions....

Jane

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

a reply to: aboutface

Yeah, true. Thanks.

Oh I shouldn't be contagious on Sunday as I started antibiotics today. They say 24 hours.

Well, if you plans are on Sunday, I'd say get those antibiotics started ASAP. I've found that no matter how painful the strep was or how sick I was with it, if I can get 24 hours of the anti-biotics under my belt, they make a HUGE difference in how I feel.

Also I drink a ton of hot liquid. The warmth is very soothing. You can also mix honey and apple cider vinegar 1/2 and 1/2. Take tablespoons as needed every two hours or so.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You need antibiotics. Seriously. And when I had that was in the hospital in grade 6, in isolation. Had a strain that was rheumatic fever, and it affected my heart.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
You need antibiotics. Seriously. And when I had that was in the hospital in grade 6, in isolation. Had a strain that was rheumatic fever, and it affected my heart.

Yes, you need the antibiotics!

My mom tried to Iron Man her own strep many years ago. After going through cycles where she would think she was beating it, she finally wound up in the doctor's office with blood coming out of her throat. She not only had raging strep at that point, but a heavy case of staph to go with it. Additionally, everyone else in the family had managed to catch her strep by that point, too.

You just don't kick this without help.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Gargle with Apple Cyder Vinegar 4 times a day. That will wipe out 98% of sore throats as well as throat yeast infections. It's not quite as effective on Strep but offers a great deal of relief along with some type of pain killer like Advil or similar.

I found this........ Strep Remedy Someone suggested mixing
1 cup Strongly brewed lemon herbal tea (Other types of herbal teas may work too)
1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg's raw apple cider)
1 tablespoon Raw honey
¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper (Add more if you can - as much as you can stand)
---------------------------

I have never tried this one but might next time around.
Strep is extremely painful, I had it a month ago.
edit on 7-2-2015 by Voyager1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Sounds like you have tonsillitis not strep throat. Take the antibiotics for the full course and also stay in bed for two or three days for a complete rest.

edit on 7-2-2015 by FrankPoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Oh I shouldn't be contagious on Sunday as I started antibiotics today. They say 24 hours.

Maybe. Maybe not. Honestly, I wouldn't want someone around me who has been on antibiotics only for 24 hours due to strep. Sorry, but my free advice is to stay home, take care of yourself, and don't be around others because there is a possibility that you can infect them.

Seriously .. sorry you are in pain and sick. I feel for you. It's miserable.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm glad to see the word "antibiotics" above because I read this thread title and came to yell at you! Strep doesn't go away, it evolves into scarlet fever. Ask the guy who has had scarlet fever three times how he knows this.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
My home remedy for strep throat is 250mg of keflex every 6 hours for 7 days, accompanied by a strong shot of single malt with a twist of lemon, repeat single malt as needed.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Good point.
You do need to think of others, some with compromised immune systems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join