It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any quick fix home remedies for strep throat?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
go find an oragano plant outside and take a bunch of leaves off it and chew on them one by one. If you have an oragano plant than continue to do so for say 3-4 days straight and you should be all good.

I recommend drinking a lot of hot teas as well as that should break down some of the bacteria in your sinus.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
two oz's of honey three oz's whiskey, pour out the honey and drink the whiskey.
in about a hour you should sleep like a baby, repeat as needed.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Go to the doctor lolz ROFL seriously has this ever occured to you, use your Obamacare, before it gets infected and gets much worse.
edit on 6-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Stomp on your foot
your throat is bound to feel better

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: caterpillage

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Domo1

Try gargling with 10ppm Ionic siver (often erroneously labeled as "Colloidal Silver"). I had a very severe sinus infection and cured it in two treatments with an Ionic silver flush of my sinus cavity.

I have heard a lot of good things about silver. Supposed to be a dam good antibiotic. That would be worth a try. Probably tough to get on short notice though?

That depends on who you ask.

I'd ask for facts backing up any claim.

Well, that goes with anything yeah? No matter what you're laying on the table supporters and detractors can be found. Inoculations could be an example. Look hard enough and you could probably find someone claiming health benefits from gun shot wounds. And facts have a tendency to be manipulated.

Makes it tough.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
man you can battle it with oragano, The actual plant itself. Mow it. Or lemon balm. Either or. they are a god send for all throat and lung conditions.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I smoke a lot so i have an herb garden at the ready for when ever i get sick with or start to get sick like that. Those plants will defeat most of it but you have to be persistant in taking them regularly
And i know for a fact you have some oragano around you it is one of the most widly cultivated plants. If you get dry oragano it deminishes it's effectiveness severely. Feel free to take my advice or follow anyone else on here. I know for a fact these things do work you just have to put your faith in it. It's not some chinese mombojumbo xD

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Strep throat is not just a very sore throat.

For those who say they cured strep throat homeopathically without going to a doctor. How do you know you had strep throat?

Strep throat requires a test. Streptococcal is a disease that causes a sore throat.

Most sore throats are not Strep.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yeah sore throat and strep throat. Both those plants are known to kick its butt.

Lemon balm, Aid in sore throat strep throat and viral infections

Oragano sore throat strep throat and bacterial infections

Lemon balm has the power to fight back viruses, It is both anti-bacteria and anti-viral. However strep throat is a bacteria. So Oragano should suffice. But OP could go for lemon balm for a stronger bite.
edit on pm20000002815Fri, 06 Feb 2015 22:39:26 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

edit on pm2u2815Fri, 06 Feb 2015 22:43:35 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You poor wee thing. This is a remedy for a chest infection but should do wonders for strep if you gargle and swallow it too. Finely chop onion, garlic and ginger put in glass or cup and cover with huge dollop of honey Manuka honey if you can source some or any old honey will do, wait for about an hour and the honey dissolves and there is a liquid, gargle and swallow, does taste a bit bad but really helps, could had baking soda to the mix too. And some breath freshness maybe needed. a reply to: Domo1

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

Yeah sore throat and strep throat. Both those plants are known to kick its butt.

Provide me medical fact to back up they cure Streptococcus.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

There is no such thing as a cure only treatment. Antibiotics is only treatment not a cure.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Every time I feel a sore throat coming on, or if I have a sore throat, I drink bourbon. It does the trick for me every time. Usually I come down with strep or a sinus infection by now. But I've been drinking a couple of shots every weekend and it's kept it away so far.

Gargle Whiskey to Soothe a Sore Throat

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Real sliced ginger, lemon, and honey OR just lemon OR turmeric OR apple cider vinegar and a little sea salt and hot water. All as gargles.

Green and raspberry teas with honey and/or lemon help too. Some people use hot sauce too but that can be harsh.

ETA: How rude of me! Hope you feel better soon, Domo!

edit on 2/6/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

There is no such thing as a cure only treatment. Antibiotics is only treatment not a cure.

OK, cure might be the incorrect word.

Provide medical facts for the treatment of Strep other then antibiotics.

And BTW --- I am pro homeopathic. But, I'm not stupid. Sometimes antibiotics are needed. And in my experience, Strep is one of those.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Every time I feel a sore throat coming on, or if I have a sore throat, I drink bourbon. It does the trick for me every time. Usually I come down with strep or a sinus infection by now. But I've been drinking a couple of shots every weekend and it's kept it away so far.

Gargle Whiskey to Soothe a Sore Throat

I use Scotch. Works most of the time.

Trust me, I live with a kindergartner

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Too late for anything else.
Rest, antibiotics, cancel your plans, drink fluids.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

And BTW --- I am pro homeopathic. But, I'm not stupid. Sometimes antibiotics are needed. And in my experience, Strep is one of those.

.Gov education about Lemon balm and it's awesomeness

It's a potent plant, Should you chose Lemon balm istead of oragano, you would surely be feeling its enibriating effects. As the plant lemon balm does enduce a high, Which should help reduce the pain in the throat and the pain from dry coughing.
edit on pm2u2815Fri, 06 Feb 2015 22:56:33 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

.Gov education about Lemon balm and it's awesomeness

It's a potent plant, Should you chose Lemon balm istead of oragano, you would surely be feeling its enibriating effects. As the plant lemon balm does enduce a high, Which should help reduce the pain in the throat and the pain from dry coughing.

Where does it state it can work as an antibiotic in treatment of Strep?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Unfortunately you really need anti-biotics for this more than anything. IMO as a former military medic, I'm not so up to touch with alternative therapies to be honest.

However, an easy one is aspirin, the dissolvable type and gargle it. It has a very quick local uptake as well as a systematic uptake. Also it acts primarily as an anti-inflammatory which is the main source of the pain in strep throat.

Another one is obviously any anti-bacterial gargle (mouthwash or iodine) and a pro biotic (yoghurt) afterwards.
Technically if you are killing the bacteria and then, bombarding it with "good" bacteria, it should allow them to take rein over the system.

Sorry its a lot of options but plug and chug or try what you like and get well soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join