It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Petition to “Classify Refusal To Vaccinate Children As A Mental Disorder”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

originally posted by: beezzer

I hope they succeed with the petition.

It'll be interesting to finally see who are the ones that would embrace a government that dictates to them.

We really should put those people in internment camps. It would be a win-win for everyone.

The people that accept the dangers of reality live outside of the camps. The people that want government protection can live in their equivalent of a statist utopia.

Yes! FEMA Internment camps and vaccination for all! I like the way you think!

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I don't agree. However something needs to be done about the exposure to deadly diseases these idiots inflict on everyone else.

Something has been done... its called vaccination. If you don't want the disease, get vaccinated. What do you care if someone else would rather risk it than take the shot... you're protected.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

When it comes to vaccines, no. And while it's true antibiotics used to be over prescribed that's been remedied for the past 15 years or so... doctors aren't so willing to prescribe them anymore. The real issue with antibiotics is the over-usage in farming, that crap is in everything we eat.

Vaccines don't operate the same way antibiotics do. It is a highly effective preventative measure.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Plenty of people aren't protected. For instance children under 1 year of age cannot get the MMR vaccine. Measles, which was damn near eradicated in the US is breaking out all over the country and infants that are too young to get the vaccine are getting infected.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yeah well some people say Gulf War Syndrome was caused by vaccinations.

They ain't all they are cracked up to be.

They are after all only as good as the big pharmaceutical evil corporation made them.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

What did I say that contradicts that?

This:

I don't agree. However something needs to be done about the exposure to deadly diseases these idiots inflict on everyone else.

There is no rational reason barring legit medical reasons to not get vaccinated.

Strong suggestion of mass authoritarianism.

In a standard sneaky way of course.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
There are no 'anti-vaxxers' as this is a media narrative for which many of you are falling. Most of these people are 'pro-choice' about vaccines and are against Government infringing on their rights.

Sadly, many of you railing against 'anti-vaxxers' are the same people I could call 'pro-death' for supporting reproductive rights. Freedom of choice is a fundamental right of human beings.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah couldn't be depleted uranium or exposure to smoke from burning oil wells...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I wonder if some vaccinations react with other medications?

Has anybody ever been asked if you were taking "other" medications before being "vaccinated".

Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Again... what appeal to authority did I make?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

I think this headlines proves that psychology is a pseudoscience based on subjective whims.

Since when is science based on opinion and not data?

Well put, and another fresh belt...

The First Baron of Kelvin, one Mr. Thompson in 1883 briefly:
"If you cannot explain it, if you cannot describe it in numbers,
your knowledge is of a meager and unsatisfactory kind."

The one and only scientific method adhered to in that bible
of psychobabble is the Screwy Decimal System preceding each
"diagnostic". Pundits inside and outside the medical community
have railed the DSM in any incarnation as having outlived its
usefulness-- I say 'double' here, and they're vulnerable. Control
mechanisms require a gullible populus. Oops.

I'm sorry but I left my duffle bag of fresh metaphors and Lee
Trotsky beard at the cleaners. How about "Hive-based Secondary
Psychopathy with a Megalomaniac Swirl" ? 3100 Flavors, YOm.

These are the brain trust of all brain trusts-- who had to in the
last 20 years change not only the name of their own bible
but also their name?
I think they're the DSM Task Force now:
until the next juicy batch of class actions.

And may their own fingers pointing back at themselves be counted...
PS It's OK Doc, you can't analyze me with an average mind. F'Off.
PPS How's the Ely Lilly Preferred block doin'? Didn't think so...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

please direct Surgeon General Vivek Murthy to request that this disorder, to be called Jenny McCarthy Syndrome

If you're taking this petition seriously I really would have liked to have seen your reaction to the petition to build a Death Star.

Yet another syndrome: Literalous Overreactioninus Syndrome.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Somehow this debate doesn't make sense. If those that want vaccines and get them, then they are protected from those that don't want them and don't get them.

If one believes in vaccinations and gets them, then they are protected! What need is there to enforce it on others???

I don't get it...LOL

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Bone75

Plenty of people aren't protected. For instance children under 1 year of age cannot get the MMR vaccine. Measles, which was damn near eradicated in the US is breaking out all over the country and infants that are too young to get the vaccine are getting infected.

Really all over the place? More people die annually from the common cold. 4500 ish a year.

Any one of up to 200 viruses (such as the rhinoviruses, coronaviruses, or respiratory syncytial virus [RSV]) can cause colds, to which it seems almost no one is immune. Infection with a viral strain confers only temporary immunity to that strain. Colds in infants and young children caused by RSV can progress to pneumonia and other complications, especially in those under a year old who were born prematurely or have chronic lung disease; RSV causes an estimated 4,500 deaths yearly in these groups in the United States.

The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press.

There is no vaccine for RSV. 4500 is an acceptable loss rate considering the 350 million people in the U.S.
That is far more than those currently dying from a minor outbreak of measles. Roughly 4000 people die from unintentional drowning yearly. Should we ban pools, bathtubs, and lakes/river/oceans as well? Stop buying into the hysteria....

link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Also people with immune disorders are vulnerable even if previously vaccinated and people undergoing radiation treatment or chemotherapy.

Trust me if it only affected anti-vaxxers... I'd just keep my mouth shut and shake my head as Darwinism takes over.

link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I signed that one

link   

Top Drawer X! I can't bump this enough, and admit to the
biggest run-over dog in the room.
When the lunatics not only run the asylum but define crazy
you get this.
And also am I now grateful to have cancer twice: because at
least any viable Hell can't possibly exist as administrated by
this collection of rotten grey matter. Pot meet pipe.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

They don't work 100% in everyone, but if they work for most people and if everyone gets them it's extremely hard for the illness to spread.

Eventually you get to the point where no ones getting the virus at all anymore so even if the vaccine didn't work on some, they don't have to worry about getting sick.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Thought the same thing myself.

If one is vaccinated ?

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE ?

LOL.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join