It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Petition to “Classify Refusal To Vaccinate Children As A Mental Disorder”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Looks like somebody has a petition on the White House site that calls for special classification for people who refuse to vaccinate their kids.

Seems like there's some signatures too !!!

People are just clamoring to get other people’s rights taken away. What happened, America?

This new petition on White House.gov is even more ridiculous than the last one which asked to raise health insurance rates on families who don’t vaccinate. Now it’s just straight up classifying anyone who refuses to vaccinate their child as having a mental disorder.

New White House Petition to “Classify Refusal To Vaccinate Children As A Mental Disorder” Has 2,000+ Signatures

Read it for yourselves and "decide" the fate....

Refusing to vaccinate one's children is dangerous, not just to those children, but to the entire community. Moreover, the 'anti-vaxxer' belief that vaccines are linked to mental disorders is not supported by scientific evidence. This harmful, irrational belief should, itself, be classified as a mental disorder. President Obama, please direct Surgeon General Vivek Murthy to request that this disorder, to be called Jenny McCarthy Syndrome By Proxy, be added to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

we petition the obama administration to: Classify Refusal To Vaccinate Children As A Mental Disorder

Great !!!

A new way to get disability payments !!

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think the people signing this have a disorder.

I don't agree with the anti vexxers but this goes to far, we should always look for a compromise.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If they ever start rounding up people and thier kids for vaccination I will ROFL at the freedoms people proclaim we have.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
When having a choice to not vaccinate one's kids becomes labelled as such in the article, than you're just taking another right away, there's that and you're infringing on one's Human Rights to be free from discrimination.

It's idiocy like this that makes me shake my head at the chaos going down in the States... and it's spreading.
edit on V20154506February45Fri, 06 Feb 2015 21:45:01 -0600America/Chicago by VoidFire because: forgot a word

edit on V20154706February47Fri, 06 Feb 2015 21:47:29 -0600America/Chicago by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think this petition originated from The White House !!

They are using proxy puppets to get out the message.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Where theres a will theres a way.

The depths of despots have no limits. Using any cause how noble to usurp peoples choice.

I think those who worship at the alter of statolatry have the mental disorder.
edit on 6-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I hope they succeed with the petition.

It'll be interesting to finally see who are the ones that would embrace a government that dictates to them.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I think this headlines proves that psychology is a pseudoscience based on subjective whims.

Since when is science based on opinion and not data?

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
wheres the petition to "Classify making insane petitions a mental disorder"?

We clearly need one!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

Since when is science based on opinion and not data?

Since the church of cilmatology and it's hydro-chloro bull hockey compounded with Di-lithium yes we can went main stream fear mongering.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I hope they succeed with the petition.

It'll be interesting to finally see who are the ones that would embrace a government that dictates to them.

We really should put those people in internment camps. It would be a win-win for everyone.

The people that accept the dangers of reality live outside of the camps. The people that want government protection can live in their equivalent of a statist utopia.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I think those who worship at the alter of statolatry have the mental disorder.

Perfect!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I don't agree. However something needs to be done about the exposure to deadly diseases these idiots inflict on everyone else.

There is no rational reason barring legit medical reasons to not get vaccinated.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Remember Ebola? MERS? Swine Flu? West Nile? and a long list of media induced panics. People cant see how badly the media is manipulating them. They parrot the hot topic of the moment to gain some intellectual perch feeling superior to others because they regurgitate whatever is the most accepted opinion at the moment. This is how many of the debunkers operate here. It is like the guy who always repeats what he heard about the weather as if he has some inside track even though it is common knowledge which may or may not be correct because he is just mimicking what he sees and hears.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I don't agree. However something needs to be done about the exposure to deadly diseases these idiots inflict on everyone else.

There is no rational reason barring legit medical reasons to not get vaccinated.

Yet you call yourself an anarchist.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Bone75 just explained on page 2 how it works so my infantile brain could understand!
edit on 6-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Do you not think we have an over dependence on pharmaceuticals already ?

Hell antibiotics are over perscribed, and becoming all but useless right now.

The same thing can be said of vaccines.

Keep on trucking like we have been, and they will become ineffective.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I really believe (and hope) this is just a tongue in cheek response to anti-vaxxers.

They think it's a funny way to get their point of view out and the people signing agree. It's working. It made it to ATS at least.

Even though I disagree with the anti-vaccine movement, I truly hope that no one really wants this.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
These people are so concerned about the "children" yet they expose them to sexed up violence on a daily basis through the idiot box. Stuff chicken nuggets in their faces, buy them whatever ridiculous garbage they desire, don't talk to them and let them sit in their rooms for hours playing video games but want to tell others how to raise their kids....

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

What did I say that contradicts that?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join