It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resurrection Sci Fi Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm always looking for a sci fi fix and I ran across this series. Its actually pretty decent so far so maybe others will enjoy it as well. I did the customary quick search and was surprised it wasn't mentioned here.

Cliff notes: People that died start showing back up several years later.

www.imdb.com...

The lives of the people of Arcadia, Missouri, are forever changed when their deceased loved ones return.

For those of you that can't access it I suggest googling KODI , genesis add on.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

We are enjoying it as well. More than we thought we would. And I like how the characters aren't always the same, they do change, i.e.: the bad guy doesn't stay the bad guy, etc.

Another one is The 100. Same thing here - characters change as life hits them and one you despised before now is your favourite, etc.
www.imdb.com...

Both shows have surprised us out of the blue with shockers and always being fresh.
edit on 6/2/15 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I've been watching this also and I've been trying to figure out whats really going on. In the shows intro, and also when it cuts for commercial breaks, they show the mouth of a river with all it's branching streams, then veins of an animal also branching out, followed by a tree, which you probably guessed, is also branching out. This has me wondering if Arcadia isn't going to symbolize the Garden of Eden. Eden is suppose to be located at the mouth of four rivers, and had The Tree of Life, and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. I'm guessing the vein represents life.

Just my gut feeling.

Since you have KODI check out the series 'The Leftovers'. The story is almost the polar opposite of 'Resurrection' . 2% of the worlds population just up and vanish. The show follows one town and how they are dealing with the disappearances three years later.

edit on 6-2-2015 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I've been hooked on it too. It's hard to tell where they're going with it. Right now, I'm under the impression it's going to end up being about the book of revelations and the anti-Christ.

I'm also hooked on the series The Dome, where a town is enveloped in a dome and separated from the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Thanks, interesting series!

It's similar to the Jehovahs Witnesses resurrection and end times theology. They believe that a person is just sleeping when they die, and that at the end times, they will be resurrected in their original bodies. To live on earth for 1,000 years without dying. It amplifies some of their teachings. Im finding it pretty interesting.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

I haven't seen the 100 but I have been meaning to get to it. Thanks

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Great thanks for the recommendation on the 'The Leftovers'. I will check it out.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I'm under the impression it's going to end up being about the book of revelations and the anti-Christ.

I think that’s to predictable and I hope it doesn't but we will see.

In regards to the DOME, I liked it but it appears to be going down the same road as all the other sci fi shows on tv as of lately.

They use sci fi to tease you and get you to watch it , then turn the whole series into about the character quarrels and relationships and how pathetic and stupid the majority of humanity is how they need a leader to exist. Like the walking Dead, which I would have liked to gotten deaper into how the incidents occurred, Instead every episode is just about stupidity and desperation. IF I wanted drama I would watch one of the thousand cop and lawyer shows on tv, it just appears that their is a handful of actual sci fi available today,

They all follow the same recipe, their is always the conflicting leaders, the idiots going overboard, the followers, in my books its just like a broken record. Enough about the characters and their drama and go deeper into the sci fi scenarios. However, I will be watching the next season of under the dome as well to see if it holds my interest.

edit on 45228America/ChicagoFri, 06 Feb 2015 21:45:41 -0600up2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

We liked the Dome too until, oh I can't remember when we started getting kind of fed up. Perhaps end of season 2.

I'm getting the anti-christ vibe from Resurrection as well but just don't know where this is going to go. Don't know if I hate Margaret Langston or if she's good but I am coming to like this character a lot. She's complex.

I am fed up with the Walking Dead lately. I get frustrated at how nothing much is happening this season. Call me crazy but the Beth story just seemed to drag on and on. And I loved Beth, I think she was the nobody that was turning into somebody and always had a bright spot in her. I loved her, I know many couldn't stand her.

Yeah with The 100 I didn't think too much of the first or second episode and then I was struck by how original it was and it keeps being original. You just never know what to expect. I like the dynamics of the young people being sent down to earth to die and then making it but then (without saying much) they have to contend with parental issues/power struggles of elders with these young people. Anyway its kind of got something for everyone.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Even supernatural follows that type of flow chart as of recently. Tho if you watch supernatural from season 1-4 straight. It's quite the epic story.

A lot of the dome was disappointing to, to much inner character drama. It didn't really pick up till the last few episodes of season 2 when it got more into the paintings and people were going insain.

Now that was interesting. And now they have to introduce the Aliens in the next season. Im looking forward to that. Not many Shows as creepy as thing a lot of the *Alien* shows in the passed have made it toned down. Say star trek. There isn't really anything creepy about it as it was pretty much a kids show. Now look at new shows depicting aliens and it's a lot more realistic with that creepy paranomal vibe all of them should have.

Take the new series with hallie berry Extent.
The Aliens in that show are a type of fungus you have to breath in that take over you body snatchers style. I recommend watching it.
And this show premotes artifical intelligence. Which is a bit weird but you'll enjoy it.
edit on pm20000002815Fri, 06 Feb 2015 22:15:08 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Yeah I agree with you. I watched Extant and did enjoy it.

Amazon Prime had a show that looked promising but apparently got cancelled right after it got picked up. it was by Chris Carter's of the xfiles.

en.wikipedia.org...

On a good note it looks like they might bring back the xfiles with David Duchovny and the rest of the cast. I guess Hollywood has no original thoughts .

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: WeRpeons

I'm under the impression it's going to end up being about the book of revelations and the anti-Christ.

They all follow the same recipe, their is always the conflicting leaders, the idiots going overboard, the followers, in my books its just like a broken record. Enough about the characters and their drama and go deeper into the sci fi scenarios. However, I will be watching the next season of under the dome as well to see if it holds my interest.

Unfortunately that is how most dramatic television shows end up being written, especially efter the 1st or 2nd season. The series where you pretty much have to watch the previous episodes to understand what is going on, they love to do this as it is proven to keep an audience turning in to find out Who befriends who and whom kills whom and so on. Just like so many series on mainstream cable. They use some new perspective or niche interest to get viewers interested, make in exciting and mysterious, then once people find it enthralling they tell their friends and so on, plus it is commercialized nearly every day on that channel to remind you of when it is on air, and then flash 4 word reviews on screen from random critics to get you to maybe start watching if you haven't already, and if you have, those reviews confirm your idea about the show. That is why soap operas have been around for such a long time. If it didn't follow this outline it would be a sitcom, and those only work for the humor aspect.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I love a good scifi show. I will have to check out resurrection. I like the 100 and I do like under the dome as well maybe because it is a Stephen king story. I may have to give extant another go because I watched the first episode. Maybe it is one of those shows you have to watch few of them to get into it. What I am looking forward to is heroes reborn. I know after the writers strike it went downhill but that show had me hooked right away.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sounds like the plot of Les Revenants, a French TV show which is also worth a watch.

new topics

top topics

join