It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boiled Alive Cat Served In Guangzhou Restaurants.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I wouldn't even need to give a second thought to eating any animal. The more exotic the better.

Boiling them alive can't be worth the extra flavor....

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
please don't compare western slaughterhouses to this.
we in the west at least try to make the slaughter as humane as possible.
the asians on the other side seem to enjoy the suffering of animals.
i remember the story about a fish who was boiled but his head was kept cool so that he stayed alive until he got eaten.

the asians are truly a different branch of people.
very sad and inhuman.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
we in the west at least try to make the slaughter as humane as possible.

I beg to differ. Animals viewed as products only get the consideration which will reflect the highest profit margin. Sure, not every farmer or corporation may be like that. However the industry has a dark side that is more often than not kept out of the consuming public's mind.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I thought it was weird that the chicken had paws.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: starlitestarbrite
Thanks you just ruined my night !!! Why do people post SH$T on here like this I am so sick of this kind of crap on here about animals being abused.
I think it's high time we have someone DELETE this crap. I KNOW it happens, but I am really tired of hearing about it.
Sick of it and it's pretty hard to scroll through it on the new page without it seeing it and it's really disturbing!!!!

I disagree, people need to hear about this, and expose it so we can put an end to it. I wish it was on mainstream news so all could realize what despicable monsters these individuals are. Maybe then they would stop.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Weird.
I have always preferred Szechuan over Cantonese.
Go figure.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbrite

Censorship much?

What state in the US was it that made it illegal to secretly film the vile sh1t that often happens in slaughterhouses?
Yeah, "it bothers you" and "upsets" YOU so come whine for ATS to delete it because you don't want to be "upset" by this kind of news.

Jesus, what website did you think this was again? You do realize where we are? This isn't Disney fantasy the world is perfect.com.....

I could care less if people eat cats. I eat meat.
That said, it is disgusting to boil an animal alive (essentially torture the poor creature) before eating it.
The slaughter of animals for food should be made as humane as possible.....of course, that isn't going to happen anytime soon, especially if people like the poster I replied to in this very comment keep sticking their collective heads' in the sand because this "upsets" them.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Although I do understand different cultures eat different food and that we can not fault them for it. India and their worship of cows for instance is just steak in the streets for us.

But...Humanely putting down an animal is the issue here. No animal should have to go through this. Think of the man that was just burned alive in the cage all over the news for instance. Horrible.

And to be boiled alive would be the same for man or beast but many people just don't see an animal life as being as valuable as a human one.

And then we pop overseas to see many still putting live lobster in a boiling pot. And yes they scream.

I prefer animals to people so much more sometimes.

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
And then we pop overseas to see many still putting live lobster in a boiling pot. And yes they scream.

Actually, we boil Lobsters (and other seafood, I believe) alive here in the US to this day. It has to do with the bacteria that starts multiplying in their bodies the moment they are killed. There's an argument that they don't feel pain because of their simple nervous system, but I have my doubts. Otherwise, why would they lash about until they die?

To the OP:

Anyway, the cat is a different matter. I don't have any problem with people eating animals, but I prefer humane deaths. Of course, we haven't achieved that in the US either. It's a bit hypocritical to chastise other countries for their inhumane practices when we have plenty of our own around raising and killing our food.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Part of the problem is that animals rights activists are very good at infiltrating and setting up incidents to make it look like facilities are carrying out regular abuse. They set up an incident and "happen" to film it. Yes, this happens.

There is a reason why the farm where my husband's company carries out the animal testing that is necessary is kept secret. It's not because they abuse the animals. It's because the activists are will do anything to carry out their agenda up to and including the radically dishonest.

Are there bad facilities? Yes. Are there also extremely dishonest activists? Yes. How do you separate the two based only on the propaganda vids? You can't.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

While I semi-agree with you, banning the filming of factory farms or otherwise is an outrage.
Are there radically dishonest activists....sure. I agree with that and I have seen footage that was "skewed"....but I've also been to factory farms and am not talking about just viewing videos. I know the realities of it.

One must define "abuse" and that seems to differ from person to person in regards to that which we are keeping alive to eat.
Personally, I find the living conditions of many of those animals (and the garbage they are shot up with constantly) repugnant and outrageous. There are better ways.

I keep and slaughter my own chickens....have done the same with cattle and hogs as well. I KNOW there are better ways.
The problem? It costs more and the profit margin goes down.

I'm not sure what you're saying exactly.
It almost sounds as if you are downplaying the abuse and horrible practices because some activists are dishonest. Since some are, all are and all that video is all bs? Is that what it is?

.....there ARE better ways!

(Sorry if this post is "scatter brained"...I'm a bit busy right now and was trying not to be lengthy, yet get my point across at the same time)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Those pictures have upset me more than any isis execution have.

The sad souless look of those cats eyes.

They are such intelligent creatured.

At least kill them quick.

#ing bastards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join