It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America has hell to pay for the economy and the mess weve worked to create

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
We have hell to pay for how we treat the world and its resources, for the wars in the Middle East, for what weve done in South America and what weve done around the world.

From money wars, to rogue intelligence operations to our corporations destroying our planets, Fukushima, Gulf of Mexico, the drug war, not doing anything about the cartels, to the way we treat each other everything. We have a society predicated on revenge culture and thug culture/ gangster ego mentality. We value money of humanity, money over family values, education over experience. We outlaw nature, and we have lost faith in the natural order of the universe.

We hide from responsibility and allow our politicians to do whatever they want, we allow our police departments to kill recklessly without due process of law, almost everything we do we do unconsciously and with total disregard for those of us around us or without respect to our environment.

I'm disappointed with the the direction this country is going in.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I agree with everything except the last statement. We aren't going anywhere, we've arrived & it's the last stop; everyone off the bus.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Whoa, don't you mean the human race? Its not any one country's problem any more. The world has finite resources. We have always known.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Greed & human nature have created a world of finite resources. The resources are, in fact, tremendous in scope.
reply to: DarkGameGod

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Which way are empires supposed to go?
It's cyclical.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yeah, the US is the only country that does anything wrong, the US is the only country that uses underhanded tactics, down with the US!!!

I encourage everyone to go live in the country that they think is doing it right.

So sick of the America bashing.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Let the corporations who made the mess clean it up and pay reparations, and if they go bankrupt? Good.

Americans already paid for their wars. Time to stop paying period.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I bet if Rome had the internet, we would have seen such a rant then as well. As a matter of fact, I have seen such rants since I can remember. Even though I was just a little kid in the 60's, I do remember the protests.

I do agree with much of your OP, but I think we differ in how to fix things.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
America has become a nation of the corporations not the people....what do you expect?
Don't you think the world is sick of the corporations, and the Israelis running the show in Amerika?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

As long as we can agree on the problems then we can work on compromising for a solution.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Agenda 21......We have to come to terms with this it is real. Truth be told PTB are smart and picked a winner with the US. We love a good "Just" war and elect leaders who lie over and over again. Mix that with a society who's collective thoughts are about entertainment and or comfort.

edit on 6-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

As long as we can agree on the problems then we can work on compromising for a solution.

I don't know about that.

Statists want ever increasing regulatory power over society, I can't compromise with that.

If you wish to start a dialogue, we can begin with what agencies and responsibilities you are willing to deprecate.

This is a simple point that a lot of people just don't understand, statism has already won so people who believe in human dignity and personal responsibility are under attack. There is no ground left to give to this monster.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The problem is that some of my solutions do not have compromise in them at all. They are brutal and ruthless and frankly scare me. I'd prefer not to go down that road, but am seeing very little recourse lately.

Kind of like the decision Truman faced when deciding to nuke Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Pretty sure some other country is gonna make that decision for us one of these days.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Joy another America is the root of all evil... Based on someone's opinion.

There should be a limit per hour for these.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

If they do, I hope we can find the balls we had in WWII. I'm no war-monger, but I do believe that if the PTB commit their Soldiers to combat, it should be to win. Not hold the line, not nation build, etc, etc.

Our enemies of WWII are now some of our closest allies, even with the current US Admin trying to undermine things. Things like that give me some hope for mankind.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Actually im on par with that too.

You are faced with only 1 option when people wont listen to reason.]

Im not brutal enough to set people on fire i wouldn't do that, ill let god deal with it in the afterlife.
edit on 2/6/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The U.S. is being set up as a patsy by the highest powers.
The real bad guys owe allegiance to no nationalistic ideals.
They are completely decentralized.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

We hide from responsibility and allow our politicians to do whatever they want, we allow our police departments to kill recklessly without due process of law, almost everything we do we do unconsciously and with total disregard for those of us around us or without respect to our environment.

I'm disappointed with the the direction this country is going in.

We hide from our responsibility because we "allow" our politicians to do whatever? We don't have any control over what the poliicians do and you lack the authority to lay blame on everyone in the country for everything that goes wrong.

Your Location: Long Beach California; pretty much says it all. If your disappointed in the direction this "country" is going, (although I'm not sure a jurisdiction like the US which has surrendered sovereignty of its borders qualifies as a "country"; it more resembles a failing nation state), then grasp an answer that's far more useful than blaming people that live 1500 miles to 3000 miles away from you...energize the locals and start a secessionist movement. The real problem with the US is that it's far to large to be managed the way it is under this Constitution. The truth of the matter is that just as much as you don't want to be part of a "Union" that includes the rest of us, we have no desire to continue to be part of a Union that puts the likes of Dianne Feinstein and Nancy Pelosi in charge of us!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Totally agree.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join