It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prises to rise IMMEDIATELY

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

You do know that the US produces most of its own oil right? We don't depend on the middle east for oil but a good portion of the world does.
I filled up last week when gas dipped below $2.00 so I can't say if local prices have now gone up. I will check when I go out later.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Too bad for Jersey then. No self serve allowed in that state. a reply to: UnBreakable

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa

originally posted by: UnBreakable
No timewarp. I live near NJ and it's full-serve only. You can't pump your own gas in NJ.

I have seriously never heard of such a thing. I've only seen it/heard of it from the "good old days".
yup it's true. You can't pump your own gas in New Jersey. Which is kind of nice when weather is bad. And for what ever reason Jersey gas prices are usually lower than New York, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. Jerseys bordering states. At least on the Jersey turnpike.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

That's right, I take it personally when someone tries their best manipulate and keeps with it. They deserve to called out for the trolls they are.

You're a troll, and you have no point whatsover. You changed the goal posts continuously, and it's very clear for anyone to see.

You try to pull this anywhere on the site and I'll continue to call you out. I don't take kindly to trolls.

You have changed the goal posts no less than 3 times, each step of the way after I called you out, claiming to not be arguing that point. You're either severely psychotic, or a hardcore troll.
edit on 7-2-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Then they try to talk about "record breaking profits", when they don't factor in inflation, or the percentage of revenue to profits. The oil industry has one of the lowest profit margins of all sectors out there.

I know you're trying to appeal to rationality but the fact is oil companies do make record profits and they rank at the top of the Fortune Global 500 for a reason.

This is your first reply to me. You are clearly replying about "record profits". I ALREADY called out this poor reasoning in the post you're replying to, then REINFORCED IT SEVERAL TIMES OVER and you continue.

WTF are you talking about?

I asked you if you thought profits were not acceptable, and you said that wasn't your point.

WTF is your point?

Do you feel it's not fair for profits or not?

Do you feel it's unreasonable to make profits or not?

Do you feel the profits in some way significantly affect the price of barrel in oil?

You're not making a single god damned clear point in this thread. You're chewing on tidbits that ENTIRELY miss the big picture.

Why don't we try to have an adult conversation here. Don't attack me, don't nit pick what I've wrote, stay FOCUSED.

Clearly state WTF you're talking about. Don't just throw something out, make your point CLEAR.

WHAT is your point. If you are focused on the profits, state it. If this is the case, PROVE that this small profits in comparison to revenue SIGNIFICANTLY affects the price of oil. Don't feel this is the case, or that it's unfair, PROVE IT.
edit on 7-2-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
ptthhhhh

There is no giant increase coming, the barges are sitting out at sea at this point it's not going to "revert" any time soon it just hit bottom and it will fluctuate in the 50 cent range at most from here for a long time to come, rise maybe into the mod 2's by summer maybe 2.60 ish, dip again in the fall but the overall low prices will be around at least this whole year, my guess is we will see it truly bottom in another month or so as winter heating dies down in the spring and the overflow is ridiculous before rising again as we near summer, the refineries will come back online and the winter heat will tapper and the over abundance will be ridiculous for a time and crash it even further than January for a month or two...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I really feel like they have a bunch of monkey in a room adjusting gas and oil prices hourly

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Time to invest in a some kinda hybrid or full on electric vehicle.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I still want to know why, or the true reason behind, the gas price index is rising.

Is it due to our conservative force? Is it due to foreign policy? Is it due to company decisions on mineral rights royalties? Is it due to our own misperception on how oil works in our economy? What is it?

The only answer I can come up with is companies wanting to exploit a profit. Because everyone became complacent with high prices they've added it into their budget of life. Does this justify keeping the price high? Maybe we should TAX THE # OUT OF THE OIL COMPANIES NOW LIKE WE DID WITH CIGARRETS AND WEEDD!?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The jumps seem unreasonable, but it is the season for maintenance as they switch to summer gas.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa

No timewarp. I live near NJ and it's full-serve only. You can't pump your own gas in NJ.

I have seriously never heard of such a thing. I've only seen it/heard of it from the "good old days".

I believe it has to do with liability issues, it may be one of the only states, if not the only state, that does this. That being said, it's still the cheapest gas in this tri-state area - PA/NJ/DE.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
Fairly normal... refineries are taken down for maintenance every year at this time. They use the downtime to change from the "winter blend" to the "summer blend" which uses more butane in the mix thereby increasing the prices at the pump.

My friend who called me worked for Alyeska for 25 years and knows a lot about oil and gas, he said changing blends is a simple matter of pushing a few buttons, turning a few knobs etc., to change parameters of the blends. Also, some of his family still live in AK and their gas prices were lowered again. I have another friend who blends oil for different types and weights, it's no big deal and is a constant action in the oil industry. I'm not buying the maintenance excuse either.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

youre being argumentative, youre accusing chaotic of moving the goal posts when its clear to me that he didnt, by just reading the thread! its only 4 pages, i got time on my hands.

if anything youre the one whos been moving the goal posts. first claim, net profits no big deal because inflation, or margins.

then after arguing that for a while you switch to r&d costs which are of course already accounted for when declaring net profits. besides the fact that its a deductable expense and amortized over a 10 year period, and that both the absolute r&d spending and costs as a percentage of revenue is relatively low in the industry as opposed to automotive, semiconductors, and drugs.

then you went on this tirade of cap locks and stuff. i think this is just a last ditch effort to appeal to people unwilling to actually read the back and forth between you two, which as i mentioned above is trivial in such a short thread.

dont call people trolls just because theyre critical of your position.
edit on 8-2-2015 by snarfbot because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2015 by snarfbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Last year at this time I was paying $3.50 a gallon for regular. Now it's $2.15 even if it bounces up to $2.50 that's still a big chunk of change in my budget from what I had to shell out last year.
I just wonder when this reduction is going to show up on store shelves. , They raised prices due to transportation costs. Since that cost has dropped significantly when will we see it reflected in retail prices/food prices?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
You can't possibly know that without conducting a legitimate experiment. BTW with the amount of money I saved on my electricity bill by unplugging everything that I'm not using in my apartment I bought 10 grams of platinum after less than a year of making the switch. Small savings when added up residual can amount to a significant difference. a reply to: Infinitis

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

a reply to: FamCore

Another tip that I heard before, and now do, is when you pump your own gas, lift up the hose higher than the nozzle. Oft times, some residual gas lays in the hose after you're done pumping. Maybe only a few cents worth, but every little bit helps. When attendants pump your gas they don't do this.

The gas stops at the nozzle!!! that's why it has that Winchester type handle!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Just remember, gas taxes are the same no matter how little, or how much, gas is produced, bank loan repayments are still the same, they don't rise and fall, storage still costs, rent, insurance, whatever else...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Of course. One must consider the mind power, effort and time invested in such small hits as well. For me, this would not be worth the time or effort for the return.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join