It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No charges for New Jersey cop’s daughter after she dressed as Hitler and threatened to kill Jews

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't see a legal issue with the comments she made. Adding a caption of a great time for a bombing isn't the same as saying you are going to bomb someone. People are free to say whatever stupid crap they want and I support their freedom to make a fool out of themselves.

She is a young, stupid teenager who has the right to post what she wants even if you don't happen to support her right to free speech. She made no direct threat so there isn't anything they can do about her post.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Terrific examples my friend!

A dude who actually goes and points a gun at a cop car! A dude who says he WILL do something! And finally, a guy who wasn't even charged with terroristic threats, but was charged with gun related crimes after he posted online!

I applaud your awesome, mind blowing examples of cases EXACTLY LIKE THIS ONE.

If you aren't going to take the time to check the link in the article then there is no point. There are far more than 3 individuals.

If I didn't want to spend the night in jail I would post the exact same thing she did but change jew to cop and see what would happen. To test your "exactly like this one" theory.

I'm done here but I stand by my initial posts that had she said cop instead of jew, she'd be answering a few questions to a few ABC agencies. Maybe she would walk but she would at least be treated differently than she is now.

edit on 7-2-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Whats the bet if she was Muslim she would have been labelled a terrorist and likely a member of ISIS....and the story would have been done to death by every media outlet

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Yea sorry man, when somebody posts a link and the first three examples in the link aren't even remotely similar to the issue in question, I stop reading. I don't feel compelled to sift through a bunch of crap to find the one thing that actually relates to the issue. Use better sources maybe.

That's cool man. Stick to your what if.

I've got one for you: what if she wasn't a cop's daughter, but was just some random kid? Would ATS still be wailing and gnashing it's teeth at her lack of arrest? Would it have even made the news for ATS to get upset about? Would the same outrage that flew about people being arrested for facebook posts be manufactured all over again for somebody not being arrested?

Nah, it wouldn't. Short memories here. Manufactured outrage. Selective outrage. I know we hate cops and all, but some people seem to take some pretty huge leaps in their quest to hate.
edit on 7-2-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I've got one for you: what if she wasn't a cop's daughter, but was just some random kid?

She would have been arrested and spent the night in jail just like all the others........

I know we hate cops and all, but some people seem to take some pretty huge leaps in their quest to hate.

I don't hate cops. I just hate assholes who think they are above the law. Does that include some cops....sure does.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Ha! Yes, because everybody who posts racist comments on facebook and makes comments about bombs is arrested and spends time in jail, right?

Gimme a break dude.

Eta: forgot to ask - which law is she above? Because I'm still not sure which law she broke. One typically needs to break the law and get away with it to be above the law. One can't be above it when not breaking it. So...yea.

edit on 7-2-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Eta

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

makes comments about bombs is arrested and spends time in jail, right?

Yes. It's only in my paranoid mind right?

radio.com...

"How to Not Get Arrested for Posting Lyrics on Facebook"

DON’T: Post about murdering your wife during a contentious divorce

DON’T: Post lyrics about bombing a city that was just bombed

DON’T: Post about killing cops after the George Zimmerman verdict

DON’T: Post violent lyrics when questioning the U.S. government about 9/11

DON’T: Post heavy metal lyrics about killing a classroom full of students

I'm seriously done. If you don't think little miss prissy Nazi wasn't treated differently because her dad was a cop, so be it. I'll think differently thank you very much.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Eta: forgot to ask - which law is she above? Because I'm still not sure which law she broke. One typically needs to break the law and get away with it to be above the law. One can't be above it when not breaking it. So...yea.

I knew you would say this. Go back and read what you wrote and then read my response. It had zero to do with this particular girl but cops in general........

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

I knew you would say this. Go back and read what you wrote and then read my response. It had zero to do with this particular girl but cops in general........

And I knew you wouldn't have an answer.

Somebody gets arrested unjustly: outrage.

Somebody doesn't get arrested for the same thing: outrage.

Cool brah

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Somebody gets arrested unjustly: outrage.

Somebody doesn't get arrested for the same thing: outrage.

Cool brah

Someone gets preferential treatment for being a cop's daughter: outrage.

There, I fixed it for ya "brah".......

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You keep saying you're done, and then coming back. A flair for the dramatic, maybe?

And nah, I said what I meant to say. No need to try and edit it for me. Unless you're one of those that believes dissenting opinions should be silenced I guess. In which case I understand the need for it.

Thanks anyway brah

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join