It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No charges for New Jersey cop’s daughter after she dressed as Hitler and threatened to kill Jews

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: olaru12

Unfortunately semantics matter. According to the Supreme Court what she said isnt an exemption of the free speech clause.

So, since it didn't violate the free speech clause and to my knowledge we don't have any laws pertaining to anti-Semitic speech, what should she have been charged with? Jerkiness? D-baggery?

I see what you mean...

www.americanbar.org...

I hope the social ramifications at her school will be called into play but she probably has plenty of support from the "Storm Front/White power" types. On the other hand her father should be questioned at length about his ideology, racism and ability to act responsibility on the force. I'll bet he is quite unhappy with his daughter opening up this can of worms.

Why would her father being antisemitic matter? Thought crimes are not crimes. He can believe whatever he wants, no matter how insane or looney it is. What matters is what he does. Does he have any reports of bigoted actions? If so...then action those. But you can't action a father for what their daughter thinks. Nor for what he thinks.

What brand of "freedom" is this?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
I think the point here isn't that a crime was committed, or maybe it is. Rather this seems to show a level of bias that once again favors certain individuals. When someone, whether they be adults or teenagers, make obnoxious posts on the internet they sometimes face consequences. And who they are certainly plays a role. Even the source article poses a valid point.

Who here would argue that had this been a Muslim, the results would be the same? How about what others have suggested. Who would argue that had the target been police officers and the person posting had no relations to law enforcement, the outcome would have been the same?

Do I believe a crime was committed here? No I do not.

Do I believe that decision is universal? No I do not. And I think that is the point.
I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. While I don't believe a crime was committed, I think she avoided charges on her status alone, and that is unfair. As others have said here, if it was a muslim person posting a picture of themselves wearing something bulky under their clothes with the caption "perfect time for bombing", they'd probably have DHS knocking on their door.

Which is unfair.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Terrific examples my friend!

A dude who actually goes and points a gun at a cop car! A dude who says he WILL do something! And finally, a guy who wasn't even charged with terroristic threats, but was charged with gun related crimes after he posted online!

I applaud your awesome, mind blowing examples of cases EXACTLY LIKE THIS ONE.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Why would her father being antisemitic matter? Thought crimes are not crimes. He can believe whatever he wants, no matter how insane or looney it is. What matters is what he does. Does he have any reports of bigoted actions? If so...then action those. But you can't action a father for what their daughter thinks. Nor for what he thinks.

What brand of "freedom" is this?

The way her father "thinks" is and it's influence on his daughter is relevant in the performance of his duties as a LEO. imo...who do you think taught her to hate Jews?

I would think a new and complete Psychological make up will be forthcoming with drug and steroid use thrown in for good measure. As I said earlier...ugly can of worms opened up. Social Media has the potential to destroy careers whether we like it or not.

As Will Rogers once said...."Never pass up the chance to shut up" especially on a forum like FB, twitter or......do you really think "they" don't know who we are?
edit on 6-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have to agree with the more calm posters in that she didn't actually commit a crime and she's a bigot. I'm just amazed that she didn't get picked up and interrogated by someone

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
I have to agree with the more calm posters in that she didn't actually commit a crime and she's a bigot. I'm just amazed that she didn't get picked up and interrogated by someone

I would imagine her Facebook and twitter pages are being gone over with a fine tooth comb, looking for actual threats to individuals or groups. We haven't heard the last of this.....

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I would imagine her Facebook and twitter pages are being gone over with a fine tooth comb, looking for actual threats to individuals or groups. We haven't heard the last of this.....

I would say if we have to go over whimsical comments made on line with a "fine tooth comb"....we aren't serving justice.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I personally know a girl who was introduced to Jew hating by a boyfriend she had a few years ago. She's dumped him and changed her tune back to not hating them.

The rush to convict dad of being a Jew hater really boggles my mind.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ya know...sometimes kids, anyone's kids, just say and do stuff for attention.

Just like a lot of people everywhere

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I personally know a girl who was introduced to Jew hating by a boyfriend she had a few years ago. She's dumped him and changed her tune back to not hating them.

The rush to convict dad of being a Jew hater really boggles my mind.
Agreed. Yes there are some warning signs she probably exhibited that he may have ignored, or maybe she's just REALLY dumb and didn't know that what she was doing was a BAD thing, either way a father cannot control every single aspect of a growing teen's life. If a good portion of her high school friends were neo-nazis or what have you, she could have easily hidden that fact from her father.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The father of young woman refused to answer questions about her activities and the activities of her friends telling a reporter, “You’re talking about a minor. No interviews.”

The laws need to change when it comes to teenagers breaking the law. These "teenagers" know the difference between right or wrong at the age of thirteen! Kids are exposed to more things in the media today than when I was a kid. They're much more street smart, and know they're protected by the law. Kids are committing adult crimes, and are getting off with just a slap on the wrist.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
As much as I really disagree with this girls actions, and find it horrible to do this, I also believe that this is her first amendment right to express herself in this fashion. I hope she beats the charges, our country wants to persecute anyone who does not fall into what they consider normal.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

There are no charges, did you even read the OP?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What happened to the hate crime charges?

people get charged with it everyday. Well, citizens do anyways.

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
What happened to the hate crime charges?

people get charged with it everyday. Well, citizens do anyways.

Peace

What crime did she commit?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Because she didn't actually hurt or try to hurt anyone.
If she had, there would be charges

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I would say if we have to go over whimsical comments made on line with a "fine tooth comb"....we aren't serving justice.

Do you honestly think wanting to run over Jews is a whimsical comment? I don't!

or.

Perfect bombing time or 144 cremation crew , Heil Hitler.....yeah real whimsical!!

I don't necessarily blame the young bigot but there is some seriously bad parenting happening here an there needs to be an inquiry to see if other, perhaps younger children are being taught to hate Jews.

Might find nothing, might find a nest of Nazi's

I'm astonished at the number of members trying to spin this as "move along nothing to see here" ersatz support imo

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I'm astonished at the number of members who are upset about this. I distinctly remember the moral outrage on ATS when people were getting arrested for comments made on facebook following the murder of the two NYPD officers.

Now suddenly it's a cop's kid and "woah nelly why isn't she arrested?!?"

I'm astonished at the repeated statements that her father needs to be investigated because of something his daughter said, because there's nowhere else she could've gotten these ideas than daddy.

She broke no law. Is she an idiot and a bigot? Yea, she is. Are her comments incredibly stupid and ignorant? Yea, they are. Is what she did illegal? No.

I'm astonished that being able to understand that no law was broken is labelled as "support" for her.

Astonishment abounds.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yeah, those freaking cops kids, they are all waste *shake fist*

Oh wait sorry hun if you are reading this. One of these days I am gonna get you share with ATS all the things you have told me.

It is interesting hearing my husbands point of view as the son of a cop. It wasn't what I expected. It definitely helped me to not sound so crazy when we first got together and would bring up stuff I had seen on ATS in conversations though.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

But being a Nazi isn't against the law.

There are people wishing death on others all the time, every moment of every day. Teens are known for using shocking words, hyperbole, and pleas to emotion.

There IS nothing to see here. Other than a petulant brat whose parents need to get a handle on.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join