It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now for something completely different: ISIS killing themselves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: rokkuman
yeah sure lets just laugh at them because thats the only way to defeat them.

Sheesh.

Really??? I don't see anyone other than you saying that the only way to defeat them is to laugh at them.

It is a step in the right direction however. Destroying their credibility in the eyes of the world and knocking their reputation down a couple notches will at least help. In fact that is one of the first tactics in removing anything from a position of power.

That's why having the media going around promoting fear only gives them more psychological control over people and is the opposite of what they should be doing. That is how their message reaches so far and wide. For example I'm sure you're aware of the stories where whole groups of trained soldiers run in fear upon hearing ISIS was coming. That's how you beat an enemy who is actually larger and stronger than you and would beat you by force alone. You beat them psychologically. You get them to fear you even though they are stronger. You hit many weak points rather than their front line. You use tactics that give you back some kind of advantage.

I dont think IS even know people are laughing at them and even if they did I doubt they give a dam. They are too hardened for silly psychological tactics.

edit on 7-2-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I think they have been killing each other for a few months now.
Talk of going home, they kill you.
Dying for a beer...you will!!
Want sugar on your Weeties, take this sugar... bang.

Jihad, Ihad, Youhad....we allhad in Haddad land.

I think these guys watch too much Keystone cops and the Three Stooges, and thought it was all real Western behaviour.

What will they think when they watch Team America, against Derkaderka land. Look they are all puppets Ha Ha Mustahavealleek!! Ali Barba!! Achoo Atissue.

These idiots are their own worst enemy.....wont last too much longer I suspect.

edit on 7-2-2015 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

Oh, I'm sure they're aware of it. It may sound funny or strange but they use social media in order to have a voice in the world. That's the thing when it comes to acts of terror be it drug cartels or ISIS or gangs. They don't have official platforms. Don't own radio, newspapers, tv stations, etc. Which means to send a message, which is exactly what they are doing, you have to use some way to get the message out. It's all about Asymmetric warfare which in order to be effective must use a totally different set of rules to work.

As for them caring that people see them as comical, weak, poorly trained, etc. Anything negative, they care. If they don't, then they should. People don't run from you if they aren't scared of you. They don't do what you command them to do. They stand up to you when they aren't afraid. Nobody joins your cause either if they view you as a joke. You see what I'm saying. If they want to effect change in the way they have chosen they cannot be seen as a joke to the outside world, their enemies or even to the current members.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
I think they have been killing each other for a few months now.
Talk of going home, they kill you.
Dying for a beer...you will!!
Want sugar on your Weeties, take this sugar... bang.

Jihad, Ihad, Youhad....we allhad in Haddad land.

I think these guys watch too much Keystone cops and the Three Stooges, and thought it was all real Western behaviour.

What will they think when they watch Team America, against Derkaderka land. Look they are all puppets Ha Ha Mustahavealleek!! Ali Barba!! Achoo Atissue.

These idiots are their own worst enemy.....wont last too much longer I suspect.

Thank you for a laugh that went on and on! great!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

As for them caring that people see them as comical, weak, poorly trained, etc. Anything negative, they care. If they don't, then they should.

I think they know their capabilities, remember they sent thousands of trained soldiers fleeing? they are a little too battle hardened to care what the civilized world thinks of them. so we need to do a little more than mock them to defeat them. So it may be time the US to go back to war with the terrorists. IS can be defeated just like how the terrorists in Afghanistan and Iraq were defeated.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman

I think they know their capabilities, remember they sent thousands of trained soldiers fleeing? they are a little too battle hardened to care what the civilized world thinks of them.

Not true. They may be hard and ready to fight and die but they also know full well that just them alone will never be big enough or powerful enough to actually take down an established country. They don't have that kind of power and aside from actually hitting a country with a nuke or large scale weapon they are only able to effect large scale changes by means of "terrorism". Full scale assault is not possible.

It's a game of strategy, deception and manipulation through terror. That's why they target things like monuments, or national icons, put out videos of horrible acts of violence, etc. Or they hit weak easy targets and usually small because they don't have the ability to hit large scale ones effectively. Terrorism is used also along with military to destablize established countries too. Terrorism isn't a means to an end by itself.

It's like starting fires to the village houses outside the castle gates to cause chaos and damage but with the end goal of marching your real military forces from the forest flank and capture the entire castle. The village fires can't do it alone but they can be very useful in the overall plan.

so we need to do a little more than mock them to defeat them. So it may be time the US to go back to war with the terrorists. IS can be defeated just like how the terrorists in Afghanistan and Iraq were defeated.

Well, of course. I'm just saying by removing some of their ability to create fear in others on the world stage is a very useful tool. It causes doubt for their members, causes less new ones to join and destroys their credibility.

Even going back to war, if that's what they do, can't be won in the same way. You have to fight in a totally different way as well. Using large armies is too costly, too slow, etc. It also causes too much blow back and damage resulting in you losing support for what you're doing and losing ally support. You don't hunt roaches that are in your home with a shotgun. Even if you were to actually win your home is now just a pile of rubble. Instead you use precise hits and intelligence to attack in many unexpected and silent ways causing only damage where needed.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

i love achmed, i kill you. boof!

this also reminds me of the suicide bomber that killed 21 of his own in iraq while making a video thread that wrabbit2000 posted last year.
i guess all jihadist aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

edit on 7-2-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I think they know their capabilities, remember they sent thousands of trained soldiers fleeing? they are a little too battle hardened to care what the civilized world thinks of them.

who the the iraqi army? a newly organized army that only had existed a couple of years at best, and never fought on the own under the command of their own officers. never tested on their own. that there was a real accomplishment. now if you have kept up, you would know that with help from the kurds and air strikes the iraqi army has taken back much of what isis took to begain with.

also if you notice isis is still trying to defeat the syrian army, how long has that been going on.

edit on 7-2-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Ironically I just saw this other thread here on ATS talking about this very same thing.

"ISIS" fighters are trolls on the internet...!

Honestly, IMO, the real downside of terrorists using social media isn't the terrorists themselves or thier message but it gives government an excuse to lock down the internet and kill it's primary function which is to enable everyone to have an equal platform to exchange information with everyone else in real time. Which is itself ironic because censorship of the internet is very similar to terrorism in that it results in restricting free speech. So in a way the government becomes terrorists fighting terrorists by removing our ability to have free speech.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

ISIS are the Keystone Cops of the Terrorist world!

edit on 12-2-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

As for them caring that people see them as comical, weak, poorly trained, etc. Anything negative, they care. If they don't, then they should. People don't run from you if they aren't scared of you. They don't do what you command them to do. They stand up to you when they aren't afraid. Nobody joins your cause either if they view you as a joke. You see what I'm saying. If they want to effect change in the way they have chosen they cannot be seen as a joke to the outside world, their enemies or even to the current members.

Honestly, 1 vs 1, against your every day regular Joe ISIS soldier that is unarmed, I am 100% confident that I'd kick their ass all over the yard bare fisted. 95% of these guys are honestly a joke without their AK47s, ninja attire and ISIS buddies around them. Most of them look like they have been rode hard and put up wet.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I am not sticking up for ISIS but this article contains propaganda nonsense and lies.

One fighter dies when mortar explodes because he re-loaded it too quickly

I saw this vid years ago. It's an Iraqi insurgent at the time of the second American invasion. Not ISIS.

A militant fires a rocket launcher, but falls limply to the ground just a few feet in front of him

This is not due to stupidity and it didn kill him either, such projectiles are only armed after travelling some distance.

I can post vids of this happening to western forces.

This militant's AK-47 machine explodes in his hands.

This can happen with any rifle in any hands and I'm sure it did not kill him.

Just to name a few.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Have you been in many fistfights?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join