It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS claims Jordanian airstrikes killed US aid worker

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

ISIS has claimed that Jordanian airstrikes killed a U.S. aid worker the terror network had been holding for more than a year.

The claim the woman, whose identity has not been released, was killed could not be verified. The CIA told Fox News it aware of the claim and trying to authenticate it.

The woman, who a White House official accidentally named on television two weeks ago, but had otherwise not been identified by media at the request of the U.S. government and her family as the Pentagon worked to secure her, is believed to be the last American hostage the terrorist army is holding, since the beheading of Peter Kassig, a 26-year-old American aid worker, killed in November.

ISIS claims Jordanian airstrikes killed US aid worker

Uh-Oh....wonder how this is going to play out if it is found to be true...talk about screwing up relations.

My thought is that it is sad if true, but likely it is some type of ISIS play to smear Jordan and harm relations with the US in the process.

Guess we will have to wait to see how the investigation turns out.

Sounds like the White House may have messed up by naming her as well....wonder how that will come into play?

I also wonder what the likelihood is of her actually having been alive? I would think that she would have been killed eventually by ISIS, that or was already dead and they had not released the video yet.
edit on 2/6/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Probably just as the case with the Jordanian pilot, she was already dead and ISIS is trying to claim something to further their agenda.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Probably just as the case with the Jordanian pilot, she was already dead and ISIS is trying to claim something to further their agenda.

Yeah, I am sure there is a reason behind this for them. Likely to put a strain on relations in the area. I am betting that this story dies soon though...the problem is she probably was there, either alive or dead, and that does not look good for the current strike plan.

Possibly a ploy to get the Congress to not allow more US strikes? Timing of claim is sure convenient...right before the Congress is being asked to allow a stronger action against ISIS.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't think this is going to screw up relations. IS isn't exactly trustworthy. She wouldn't have been killed either way if she weren't a prisoner of IS.

edit on 6-2-2015 by JessicaRabbitTx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If true, speaking for myself & not the woman in question, I'd rather be Airstriked than left to the fate of ISIS...

Not in a "collateral damage" sense...

But a "you did me a favour" sense...

The WH shouldn't have named her that's a screw up of the highest order and deserves reprimand.

Of course, she may have already been killed and it's all a ruse to sow discord among Jordan & the U.S.

RIP.

edit on 6-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Considering they lied about the Jordanian pilot being alive, among other things, I wouldn't be surprised at all if she was already dead.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Like the other poster says better to be airstriked than to be tortured, raped and beheaded in camera. At least she could have died a much less painful death.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

It's possible.

& we'll probably never know either.

I don't know how the CIA are gonna try to "authenticate" the claim.

In fact, that sounds like a bizzarre declaration. imo.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

It's possible.

& we'll probably never know either.

I thought the same, unless they are on the ground and collecting remains to test or something of the sort.

Outside of that, how could the claim be authenticated?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If she was a hostage of these thugs, and was alive, consider it an inadvertent act of mercy.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

i would not be discounting the fact that they can authenticate the claim.
i have no doubts that they have assets in country, on both sides feeding them intel.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Usually I put nothing past the CIA, they're very effective in all areas...

But surely the area would have to have been fully cleared of ISIS for that to happen.

Unless Secret Service from around the World have boots on the ground we don't know about.

Again, I wouldn't put it past them.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Well it wasnt the airstrikes as much as their imprisonment of him. Not very strong to say you nailed us on the head BUT..
Still sucks if true.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

She was just collateral damage.

ISIS killed her not Jordan for placing her there.
In fact she was likely dead anyway, Jordan just gave her a merciful ending.

USA has killed enough people in collateral damage in there wars so I dont see how they have a leg to standard on by complaining.
edit on 6-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Unless Secret Service from around the World have boots on the ground we don't know about.

course they do.

I guarantee the SAS and SBS are on the ground coordinating UK airstrikes.

Delta force and SEAL teams are likely doing the same.

And no doubt the CIA have there own little teams in the area.

"no boots on the ground" does not apply to special forces or intelligence asets.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

That's my gut reaction. Dead, and Jordan handed them a perfect excuse.

I don't really see the US going after Jordan about it though. For one reason or another, I don't think the US will do much more than "these things happen and are regrettable" type of statement.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

If Israel can kill civilians to kill terrorists this should be fine too.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Still blood on their hands no matter how they try to spin it.

Just hope they took a few of the scum with her.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Still blood on their hands no matter how they try to spin it.

Just hope they took a few of the scum with her.

Pretty sure they took a LOT of them.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

My question... Why don't we ever hear about these hostages until they are killed? Why isn't National news that they are able to capture Americans!?

You would think "American journalist/aid worker/whatever captured" would kinda of be a big deal or am I missing something?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join