It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU criticizes Jordan for executing ISIS prisoners after pilot killed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

english.alarabiya.net...

"Our action has to be guided by the respect of international human rights law and humanitarian law. The European position against death penalty remains unchanged and we believe capital punishment does not serve any deterrent purpose."

Man, i wonder if some of these wussies actually fainted when they heard the news of the execution

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

english.alarabiya.net...

"Our action has to be guided by the respect of international human rights law and humanitarian law. The European position against death penalty remains unchanged and we believe capital punishment does not serve any deterrent purpose."

Man, i wonder if some of these wussies actually fainted when they heard the news of the execution

Wussification of the world.

Those prisoners deserved to die even before the execution of the pilot.

I say execute every single prisoner of IS that we have all over the world at the same time. They are worthless scum of the earth that will never serve any other good purpose than to be fertilizer.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

... we believe capital punishment does not serve any deterrent purpose."

it certainly deters the people who are executed from committing any more crimes.

I think a certain amount of revenge is good sometimes, it makes people feel that they aren`t completely helpless against terrorists.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

I really admire someone (the EU) who can have so much belief in something (human rights laws) that they can hold onto their belief regardless of circumstances. But that is not me.

In my mind, humanitarian laws are fine, as long as everyone is obeying them to a certain extent, but ISIS members don't have a humanitarian bone between them. Life means nothing to them. They're not recoverable. And after what they've done and are trying to do, I wouldn't hesitate to take them out if I had the power. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200. You're out.

How to do this would be for people much smarter than myself to decide, but I've even had thoughts lately of "scorched Earth" policies and sadly, living with the collateral damage.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There are circumstances when it's time to get Medieval. ISIS is a group that deserves to receive the same treatment they're handing out. You can not deter someone like them, playing by the rules. It's high time we treat them in the exact manner they treat others. No mercy, No "humanitarian treatment". Get Nasty. Get just as down and dirty as they are and hunt them to the ends of the Earth and make their death seem like a mercy when it finally comes.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The EU should stop worrying about prisoners who were already sitting on death row, because of a botched suicide bombing. I personally am glad to see Jordan stand up against ISIS.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The EU is advocating for the terrorists to win by being against Jordan lawfully executing tried and convicted terrorists.

This mamby pamby rights crap is only an excuse to aid and abet terror. Terror by its implementation is directly opposed to human rights so those who employ it and get convicted should be exempt from their protections after their guilt is established. Jordan has the right to have Capital punishment or not, just as any other nation.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The world should not have allowed any Nazi soldier or politician to escape terminal retribution after the Second World War. They should have been terminated immediately upon capture. The reason for this, is that this is precisely what they wanted to do to the rest of the world, and so they posed a threat of unimaginable proportion to a huge mass of the population of the world.

These IS bastards pose the same threat. It would be a grave mistake for the world to fail to terminate every single member of that organisation, without relent or abatement, or any appeasement what so ever. They must not be allowed to carry their agenda any further, and I for one have no problem with the way Jordan handled this. What is good for the goose, is good for the gander after all.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Jeez, war drums are loud on ATS.

Just as dangerous as promoting imaginary enemies.

What color are they today? How far away are your interests today? Who needs the "defense" industry today?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Ukrainian parliament passes law allowing army deserters to be shot: this should be more of a issue. rt.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Just as dangerous as promoting imaginary enemies.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: smudge77

Deserters always have been shot in every army, nothing new.
Russia, aka the former USSR, was notorious for having special officers whose only job was to shoot people on the spot for cowardice in WWII. RT promoting this as news is a joke.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: smudge77

Ukrainian parliament passes law allowing army deserters to be shot: this should be more of a issue. rt.com...

Deserters have been executed by their military for God knows how long. Why Ukraine passing a law that allows for something that is completely commonplace from today going back to antiquity should be "more of an issue" I don't quite get.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I dont get what so hard to understand, you either agree with the death penalty of you dont.
I'm glad they take a stand against the Death penalty i dont agree with it, and this hasnt changed my opinion. Why should it. The crimes committed by these people are no worse than the crimes committed by people in the past.
I dont get people who say they are against the death penalty but in this case they agree. All that means is that in the past they have never genuinely considered their stance, and are easy to sway.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

english.alarabiya.net...

Lol...the entirety of human kind for all of its existence in every culture until the touchy feely modern era has used capitol punishment for extremely terrible crimes.

God people are so barbaric.... So in their summation it is far less cruel to lock a man in a tiny cage for his entire life, than to free him quickly?

Where the frock do these idiots come up with this crap?

It is a fact, known for over a hundred years that locking people in cages, especially alone, for long periods causes psychosis. Leading to extreme depression very violent outbursts etc.....

It is not better to torture a human for life in prison than it is to just end them.

If they are so menacing and dangerous they have to be removed from society for life.... End them.

Saves billions of dollars for the tax payers, and does not prolong agony.

Sickos

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I really admire someone (the EU) who can have so much belief in something (human rights laws) that they can hold onto their belief regardless of circumstances. But that is not me.

In my mind, humanitarian laws are fine, as long as everyone is obeying them to a certain extent, but ISIS members don't have a humanitarian bone between them. Life means nothing to them. They're not recoverable. And after what they've done and are trying to do, I wouldn't hesitate to take them out if I had the power. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200. You're out.

How to do this would be for people much smarter than myself to decide, but I've even had thoughts lately of "scorched Earth" policies and sadly, living with the collateral damage.

Sadly I agree.

When does it reach a point where we just wipe the slate, and simply repopulate with people that aren't a waste if a meat sack?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
sounds more like world war behaviour to me i thought prison would be the most humane way. does any country in the EU still do this?

edit on 3502u0610America/Chicago77 by smudge77 because: spelling mistake

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

It's amazing though how many people on death row, would rather keep living than be killed.
and when you boil down a person life to a cost and whether it's worth it or not, we know who the sickos are.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: infinityorder

It's amazing though how many people on death row, would rather keep living than be killed.
and when you boil down a person life to a cost and whether it's worth it or not, we know who the sickos are.

It's also amazing how many people are on death row for killing others. I think boiling it down to cost is much more than they deserve. And yes, I know the who the sickos are.....the ones on death row. My guess is all of their victims would have liked to live as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: smudge77

Countries can execute for desertion in time of war. Whether the country actually does it is a different matter. In the US, desertion isn't an automatic death sentence. And even if it is a death sentence, in all likelihood it'll be commuted.

Can't speak to Ukraine's plans with the law, but to propose this as some sort of shocking, outrageous development from Ukraine is ignoring a wee bit of military history.
edit on 6-2-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

<<   2  3  4 >>

join