It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking the hard questions... How is your life so far?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
So I was going through a pile of paper this morning, and I found something that I have written a few months back... In a morning train on my way to work... Maybe this will sparkle interest or provoke thoughts in some of you. :-)

Asking the hard questions...

1. If you'll die tomorrow, would you regret on anything? If so... On what?
  2. Would you lived differently? If so, how?
  3. Would you change anything? If so, What?
  4. Have you lived a happy life?
  5. Was there something you would obviously do otherwise?
  6. How long would you like your life to prolong? Why that many years?
  7. Money doesn't matter (either money doesn't exist or you are a billionaire) and you have all your needs fulfilled and taken care of. Now, what is your highest excitement in life? What would you do now?

I remember sitting afterward on the train stop for 30 minutes, knowingly i'll be late to work, but I just couldn't care less. I had to let some of these questions sink in. I hope this moved something within you as well.

Thanks for reading. May all be happy. :-)
edit on 6-2-2015 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye
  • If you'll die tomorrow, would you regret on anything? If so... On what?

• I'd regret not going horse-back riding one more time.
    I'd regret not living every day as if it's my last.
    I'd regret not volunteering more to help those in need.

• Would you lived differently? If so, how?

• I think I would have the same basic morals and values, so probably wouldn't live much differently.

• Would you change anything? If so, What?

• 1. I would never have started smoking cigarettes (although I quit in 2001)
    2. I would have taken my health and fitness more seriously in my youth.
    3. I would have started investing money for retirement MUCH sooner than I did.

• Have you lived a happy life?

• Unequivocally, yes! Happiness is a choice. And I'd much rather be happy than self-pitying and moody. I have a very positive attitude, so I rarely get self-absorbed or depressed. It's the only way to live, IMO.

• Was there something you would obviously do otherwise?

• As a profession, I would have followed my own desires instead of trying to live up to my brothers. I would have been a psychologist or a singer. Or a singing psychologist. LOL!

• How long would you like your life to prolong? Why that many years?

• As long as possible. I love my life. I am in a constant state of learning and growing and amazed at how much there is to improve. If my husband dies before me, I want the challenge of getting through that and finding happiness again. But after that, I would probably get tired and be ready to move on.

• Money doesn't matter (either money doesn't exist or you are a billionaire) and you have all your needs fulfilled and taken care of. Now, what is your highest excitement in life? What would you do now?

• Dogs, no doubt. I'd have a dog sanctuary where I took in needy dogs and trained them for adoption. I'd probably have 10 German Shepherds of my own and then 40 more spaces for other dogs.

Great questions! Thanks!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:15 AM
    link   

If you'll die tomorrow, would you regret on anything?

I never should have gotten involved with two certain guys.
    Wastes of time, energy, money, emotions.
    I should have gone to West Point when I was offered a free ride to USMAPS.

Have you lived a happy life?

Parts yes. Parts no. I'm tired of illness.

How long would you like your life to prolong?

Not one minute. I look forward to what is next after being
    stuck in this human form.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:22 AM
    link   
    a reply to: FlyersFan

I hear you, it's quite extraordinary to see what people have to say for these questions. I'm quite intrigued about it actually so I guess i'll post my answers too, and hopefully more people will share their views.

I find it interesting in particular your last answer, comparing to what Benevolent Heretic answered and what my views on it (which differs in time, I know I don't want to live a long life and i'm looking forward for some challenges, but sometimes I do feel I had enough and that i'm ready to die when necessary)

Interesting. :-)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:53 AM
    link   

If you'll die tomorrow, would you regret on anything? If so... On what?

I try my best to regret nothing, I know that my life haven't been perfect but so far I lived the way I wanted to for most of the time, disregarding what others think and although I still have dreams and things I wish to do, I know I can leave it all whenever the time has come (no attachments) :-)

Would you lived differently? If so, how?

I would live more in nature, challenging myself and building up my survival skills. That is something probably I dearly wish to do but still didn't found the pair for it.

Would you change anything? If so, What?

That's a bit similar to the previous question, I know but it brings up different answers imo...
    I wouldn't change anything, maybe I wished things would have been different but I know that whatever happens and is happening is right on the spot for my growth.

That's always the hardest one for me, I guess I lived a fulfilled life.. Not sure if it was a happy life. :-)

Was there something you would obviously do otherwise?

Not anything in particular.

How long would you like your life to prolong? Why that many years?

I would say about 20 years more (i'm 28). I'm in a crossroad in life which would be either 20 years for a life lived my way, or 0 if i'll have to bend myself again and work and make profit for somebody else. It's liberty or death for me.

Money doesn't matter (either money doesn't exist or you are a billionaire) and you have all your needs fulfilled and taken care of. Now, what is your highest excitement in life? What would you do now?

That's the question I actually sat on the train stop for 30 minutes thinking on... I was looking for a long time for my "highest excitement" in life, and I still am... :-)

Quite interesting to watch my responses now and a few months back, sometimes life feels like a cartwheel but you can definitely see the difference in landscape.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:40 AM
    link   
    I think everyone would choose certain parts of there life differently. I for one would not do anything differently because it has led me to the very man I am today, Good or Bad. Everyone must live through hardship and make tuff choices.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:55 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Shuye

1-3,5. I question whether I would be as good today, had not made the mistakes of yesterday; and if I hadn't hurt others in my life, would they be the better, or worse, for it?

I fear entering into the next life with the debt of what I have done in this life. I regret not having paid restitution for everything in this life. I regret things I've done, but not the knowledge I have gained in hindsight.

4. I can't complain.

6. Forever - when life is good, it's good. Why wouldn't I want eternal pleasure? Can you get tired of feeling love? I don't think so.

7. I stopped caring about money and material wealth some years ago, though I still chase them around by necessity and burden. The only thing I really care about is finding Truth and appeasing God. He is the only one who is said to forgive the debts that I cannot bear to pay, who can grant me eternal life, and is the source of Truth...
    edit on 2/6/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:02 AM
    link   
    I'll reserve judgement for now, and answer these questions once this life is over.
    edit on 6/2/15 by Raffles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:07 AM
    link   

If you'll die tomorrow, would you regret on anything? If so... On what?

No. I will regret that I will die tomorrow.

No. If I lived different I wouldn't be me.

Would you change anything? If so, What?

No

Life isn't happy 24/7. I have had happy moments. I have had sad moments. Wishing for constant happiness in life is silly.

Was there something you would obviously do otherwise?
    No.

How long would you like your life to prolong? Why that many years?

I would only want to live a long time if I was healthy.

Money doesn't matter (either money doesn't exist or you are a billionaire) and you have all your needs fulfilled and taken care of. Now, what is your highest excitement in life? What would you do now?

I would surround myself with a harem of women that look like the volleyball team back at the college I used to attend. They would feed me grapes and BBQ ribs all day. Then one would give me a back massage while I play a real Les Paul, followed up by me falling asleep in a giant marshmellow bed...lulled to sleep by the ocean nearby. I would then be awakened cruelly by the sound of my gf murdering them all with the kitchen knife.

Until then...
    edit on 6-2-2015 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:11 AM
    link   
    The real hard question is: Is your "life" really your own?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:25 AM
    link   

Here is the scenario: I’m in the hospital. I see the proverbial LIGHT while my physical body lays dead on the operating table. There is a VOICE that gives me the option to return home (to heaven) or return to the body and abide a little longer in the physical. What do I do? In this case I would opt to stay, heaven can wait.

I know this world of illusion is place where we experience pain, disappointment, and emotional aguish. Knowing this I would still choose to stay. Yes, I might regret that choice at some point, but I know those moment of weakness are not who I am. I am a man of courage who understands the hardships of life are necessary for my spiritual growth and development. I am here for a reason—to prepare my soul for heaven. I am not waiting to die, I am waiting to be born.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:28 AM
    link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
    No. If I lived different I wouldn't be me.

That answer made me stop and think. That's a really good answer. If any of us had lived differently than we have ... then we'd be someone totally different right now. Very interesting thing to think about ...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:05 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Raffles
    I'll reserve judgement for now, and answer these questions once this life is over.

You'll might not have the time nor the brain for it. Death can happen instantaneously. What's holding ya from taking a look into your life right now?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:07 PM
    link   

originally posted by: ausername
    The real hard question is: Is your "life" really your own?

Well said indeed.
    :-)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:48 PM
    link   
    Some of the things I would change, would then involve not being who I am, not gaining the insights, not having reached out to certain people, who are now a part of my family, and my children. Things are not always meant to be easy, or happy. But I've had providence and Team helping me behind the scenes all my life an directing me towards happiness and it felt like I was a new person, like being born again though not fundamental religious. There are gifts I'd like to develop more, but not to stay here to do it. Would be gone in a flash if it was allowed without sidestepping important things, and the reason for staying isn't really for the lessons, skills that could be developed somewhere else. I'm only glad that I also wish to grow in other areas, and know those now, for life is a gift. The reasons for not wishing to leave has to do with others, don't care if I learn one thing but do care if I can try to help family and friends. Don't have any personal concerns about growing big wings, or learning this, for just helping others or being there is far more important to me than all the fools gold of any dimension in space or time. Its all dross. There are far better ways to learn in the end.

Do I feel on target, a bit. Do I care if I don't feel on target always, not really as long as the people around me are here that I'm trying to help. Don't care about any race, any buddha stuff, any judgments anything except try to help others. The rest is completely irrelevent.

That is not to say I don't seek to be healthy and happy and wouldn't have some changes in that to be better able to help.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:03 AM
    link   
    1. If you'll die tomorrow, would you regret on anything?
      Having to make the choice of which of his two widows benefited from my father's meagre estate after his death.

2. Would you have lived differently?
      If I had lived differently, I would be someone else, so the question is irrelevant. But frankly, no. I don't think I could have.

3. Would you change anything?
      I'd have given myself happier parents who had the same moral values but understood life a little better.

I have lived a fulfilling life. The pursuit of happiness is for fools.

Oh, yes. If I count the number of sexual opportunities I've turned down over the years... an overactive conscience is a terrible, terrible thing.

I hope to die at a reasonably young age with my faculties still more or less intact.

I am now fifty-six. Another twenty years would be nice.

7. Money doesn't matter (either money doesn't exist or you are a billionaire) and you have all your needs fulfilled and taken care of. Now, what is your highest excitement in life? What would you do now?
      Exactly the same as I am doing now, except travel a lot more.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:13 AM
    link   

Regret, I regret trying to chase money.

I would have taken the lessons that I have learnt so far, and applied them to my life, if I could go back in time, in that sense I would have lived differently, it would also change my life.

I would say, out of 10, a 6.75.

Yes, I have made many key mistakes in my life, and I simply would have made the choices that I had regretted not choosing.

Indefinitely.

I would continue to pursue artistic outlets.

The funny thing is, is that I do have what I have deemed to be a requirement, that is, I have achieved my "purpose" in this life, however, there are always things that I can and could have changed, however, I am not sure whether changing my past would affect the attainment of my purpose.

These "things" involve primarily concerns of the material world and my relationships with others.
    edit on 9-2-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:04 AM
    link   

2. Would you lived differently? If so, how?
    3. Would you change anything? If so, What?

1. Only that my death would make some family members sad. I have no attachments to life.

2. I would have wished I abandoned some long term goals in favor of short term goals. Perhaps I would have tried to find an apartment that would allow me to have a pet.

3. No. I have lived a very unhappy life.

4. The only thing I would do is what Im trying to do now. If it goes incomplete then I suppose that would be fine.

5. I would enjoy living forever, I don't think much of this planet, but dying and moving on is the same thing as giving up on all the other people here.

6. Highest excitement in life? I would buy each of my parents a home so they don't need to worry about living expenses upon retirement. Then I would buy my friend the back operation that would get him out of a wheel chair and back on two legs. After that I would create a fund for small business loans in economically troubled areas and create jobs for people. The profits of this fund would roll into a Franklin style trust that is designed to grow for several generations. Eventually it would be spent on elaborate public works projects that couldn't normally be built.
    edit on 9-2-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 05:24 AM
    link   
    My only regret was changing my major after my first year of college, I should have stuck with what my heart desired rather than pursuing a career that would guarantee me financial comfort.

Albeit, I'm enjoying early retirement now - so it's not really a 'regret' per se... but what would life have been like had I continued with my path in the sciences instead ?

But then again, I also had a strong interest in engineering and architecture.

Too many interests... so little time.

I need to live at least 300+ years dammit.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:39 AM
    link   
    I wasted a lot of years on people who dismissed me only because they either couldn't understand me or didn't give a damn about me. I let ignorant people define me to myself, and I really regret allowing that to be the headline of the first 40 years of my life.

People who possess powerful personalities are not always right. In fact they're generally packed full of their own crap. The one overwhelming regret I have is that I let people - some who I wouldn't even let pick out my shirt - decide (for me) who I am and what I have to offer. Seems impossible in retrospect, but while stranded in the Now of it all, it seemed appropriate and even necessary.

I'm working hard now to atone for that original sin, but it has made me angry at times. Not at others, but at myself.

No one - ever - has the authority to define you to yourself. Period.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join