It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Light Bulb

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I lost the link and will edit to include later but I want to get some response on this -

I found that a Light Bulb was found in/underneath the pyramids!

Has any one else come across info such as this?

If true, what implications would there be to the history of the world, american history, etc.?

Regardless of all the hype, I believe 200 years of technological revolution had to have been fueled in some part by information passed down....

what am I missing?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I lost the link and will edit to include later but I want to get some response on this -

what am I missing?

A link

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I had read somewhere that the egyptians had to use some type of capacitor like 'light bulb'. The way the pyramids are built they are basically a system of enclosed tunnels, there is no evidence of torch debre inside the system of tunnels. Also something to be noted, they talked about writtings on the walls of the men holding barrels horizontal with snakes being drawn throughout the casing. This was suppose to symbolize the capacitor and wiring they used to light their tunnel system and navigate through it.

There is so much speculation of what happened/will happen in coordination to the past and our future that I find myself stupified and no longer curious, but sense a notion of being mislead and misguided by the information i sought afer. Everything seems to be based on reference to some other reference and somewhere along the road there's always something wrong.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Aether]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
i've done a bit of googling, and found that you are probably talking about the 'Dendera Light Bulb'.

this is from jcolavito.tripod.com...

DENDERA LIGHT BULB
Von D�niken claimed in Eyes of the Sphinx (1996) that the Dendera light bulb is located in a small, secret chamber that "can be accessed only through a small opening. The room has a low ceiling. The air is stale and laced with the smell of dried urine from the guards who occasionally use it as a urinal." However, contrary to his claims, the room is open to the public and is frequently visited by tourists.

Von D�niken then claims, "The walls of the crypt below Dendera celebrate a secret science: the knowledge of electricity." He then goes on to talk about "Pyramid Magic."

However, a closer inspection clearly shows that the "light-bulbs" are in fact something else entirely. The bulb is not a glass casing but is the bulb of the lotus flower, which is mythologically giving birth to the snake within. Another panel shows the bulb opening into a lotus blossom and the snake standing erect in the center as a representation of the god Horus.

home.wxs.nl...
this is an acrobat file of an illustration of the carving with the light bulbs in.

a chap named Erich Von D�niken seems to have done a lot of research into the Dendera light bulb.

www.daniken.com...

here is another site on the subject, which disagrees with D�niken's view
www.catchpenny.org...

Here is a site that is quite good too
www.doernenburg.alien.de...

Finally, here is a translation of the texts of Dendera
ourworld.compuserve.com...

hope this helped

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
And the little people in the picture are leprechauns I suppose?

You see, just jumping to wrong conclusions....

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I am one that believes in the ancient technology....so how about ancient batteries to run those bulbs..

tlc.discovery.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.tmeg.com...

www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
1. still inconclusive that these were intentional batteries, or used as such.
2. even if so, could have been just for electroplating.
3. they never seemed to adapt it for widespread use, which seems rather silly when you think about it. why no light bulbs in the dark passages of ancient buildings? seems a perfect place to use them versus smoky torches...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I am one that believes in the ancient technology....so how about ancient batteries to run those bulbs..

tlc.discovery.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.tmeg.com...

www.world-mysteries.com...

I agree.
The evidence is right before our eyes.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Aside from the Baghdad battery I was unaware of another one. The battery has been recreated and found to actually worked. This is an actual archeological find. I believe it was discovered a few years ago. I don't understand why an Egyptian version would seem so far fetched as there is also a hieroglyph of an Egyptian lightbulb and a real working battery from Sumeria.
DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
alright! so they found the battery now it's time to find those damn pyramid schematics : P

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
"The battery has been recreated and found to actually worked."

Postulating that there really was a working battery, (and I think it's safe to assume so), most of the articles I 've read say it was probably used as an electro-plating tool. Building a light bulb, including machining a hard metal, drawing a vacuum , etc. is a lot bigger step than putting vinegar and bronze in a jar and sealing it with pitch.

Besides, if there were a light bulb, why wasn't it ever recorded by anyone like Herodotus? And where are the wires that were used to transfer the electricity from a battery to a bulb? And why, if a light bulb was found, why weren't there wires and batteries found with it?

"...there is also a hieroglyph of an Egyptian lightbulb..."

Where? Share. Give us a link!

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
There is a carving that shows an oval object with a snake on it.
Some have said it resembles a bulb with an internal filament setting on an insulating pillar and connected to an electrical cable.

A contrary opinion can be found here: link

[edit on 16-12-2004 by cimmerius]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

No, nothing has been found under any of the pyramids. They're big, heavy, and if you dig under them they will fall down on top of you.

If true, what implications would there be to the history of the world, american history, etc.?\

Everything would be completely different. There would have been a new technology that could create glass tubes as fragile as a whisper and they would have developed furnaces that would be capable of smelting metal (tungsten is hard to refine) and ways to make wire.

Egypt would have skipped most of the Bronze Age, because if you can make tungsten wire you have the technology to produce iron and high quality ceramics: www.txdirect.net...

Light would have made it possible for the workshops that produced amulets to run 24 hours a day.They would have been the first nation to have iron; to have unbeatable chariots and armor and weapons.

They would have had iron ploughs, which would have increased the number of acres they could farm. Iron tools could cut and shape and quarry stone faster.

Society would have changed as people had a bit more time.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
www.crystalinks.com...

Found the link I was originally referring to....got some good arguements on the technical arguments and other technological aspirations(i.e. metallurgy, etc.)

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
3. they never seemed to adapt it for widespread use, which seems rather silly when you think about it. why no light bulbs in the dark passages of ancient buildings? seems a perfect place to use them versus smoky torches...

Maybe wide spread use wasn't necassarily feasible at the time, remember, civilization and its ability to keep and support(food, entertainment, mysticism, etc.) was supposedly in it's infancy. There was no neede really for mass production other than food, drink, and obviously the pyramids, whose purpose for all we know was to keep and solidify a population.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
There would have been a new technology that could create glass tubes as fragile as a whisper and they would have developed furnaces that would be capable of smelting metal (tungsten is hard to refine) and ways to make wire.

Wrong. I have handled delicate ancient Egyptian core-formed glass- as a glassblower, I stand in awe of the work they were capable of. To this day, Egyptian perfume bottles are some of the most delicate and beautiful works of art in the world. Any fan of bellydancing knows that the Egyptians ancient and modern are and were masters of the the art of drawing and working bronze and copper wire. Finally, tungsten is not needed for light bulbs- Edison, in fact, used charred bamboo. To draw a vacuum is not neccesary: you simply burn carbonaceous material (papyrus paper) as a 'getter' between the electrodes of your filament inside the glass bulb. The burning process uses up the available oxygen, leaving an inert atmosphere of nitrogen, carbon dioxide and noble gasses. Modern bulbs are filled with inert gasses in many cases. I did this as an experiment years ago. Insulation of wiring is still done in magnet wire by the simple application of shellac. So the answer to the question, 'Did bronze age Egyptians have the technology to produce lightbulbs?' is a resounding 'Yes!'. Did they do it? Maybe.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
When you think of widespread technology can it be possible that the people itself part of that government during that era was using cult methods to eliminate spread of information and used it was disguise for "magic" purposes.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
A strange phenomenon of lights of illumination is described in 1601 by Barco Cenenera, who wrote about the conquistadors' discovery of the city of Granmoxo near the source of the Paraguay River in the Planalto do Mato Grosso. He wrote, "On the summit of a 7 3/4-meter pillar was a great moon which illuminated all the lake, dispelling darkness."

-Secrets of the Lost Races

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
cimmerius says:

"There is a carving that shows an oval object with a snake on it. Some have said it resembles a bulb with an internal filament setting on an insulating pillar and connected to an electrical cable."

"...Some have said it resembles..."? That's hardly very valid evidence! There are a lot of heiroglyphics that show large lotus leaves with a stem; that's what I think it looks like. And that assumption makes a bit more sense to me.

[edit on 17-12-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

That's hardly very valid evidence!

Indeed. I try to be tactful and not rain on anyone's parade, but the ancient Egyptian lightbulb has been debunded to my satisfaction. Really there isn't much to debunk. These claims are not made by Egyptologists, who understand the cultural context that the images occur within.

There have been similar claims for an image of an alien, helocopter, and plasma generator. I have even seen claims that the layouts of certain tombs resembles robots or circuit boards or such. It's all pretty silly and kind of a shame since Egyptian art is so rich and interesting in itself.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join