It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Mind Control be used in personal relationships?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well, yes, but this wasn't the massified mind control I meant.
With massified mind control, I'm meaning something like if everybody could mentally control everybody else...
Right now, I'm not looking at commercialities and so on, otherwise we could write for entire months or years...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparhawk
With massified mind control, I'm meaning something like if everybody could mentally control everybody else...

If everyone could mind control everyone else we'd all be running around like chickens with their heads cut off

Seriously, I know what you mean............I think it is safe to assume(anyone gonna call me on that?) that there are people who attempt to influence people on a personal level far beyond the casual conversation. I'm talking about "dream interaction"(ever talk to someone when they're sleeping? They can hear you....) and mind games(Give your son...two sports shirts as a present. The first time he wears one of them, look at him sadly and say in your Basic Tone of Voice, "The other one you didn't like?" (originally in "How to be a Jewish Mother" by Dan Greenburg).source:www.23nlpeople.com...

[edit on 31-1-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparhawk
Well, yes, but this wasn't the massified mind control I meant.

HAve you ever noticed how you act differently around certain kinds of people?? You always influence other people aroundd you mentally IMO. Take the analogy of the brain being a radio transmitter and also having receiving antennas. The only difference is that it's mainly unconscious "mind controll". You have been able influence people with your mind, and done so since the day you started thinking.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Some good points rep part of the picture.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Ok now i think it is ethicaly wrong in one way, but very common and acceptedable in another. Its in which way u take the term mind control.
Now if u wanna make your spouse a obedient slave then this is wrong, yes its capable but it is purely wrong.
On the other hand there is no harm in contorling your spouses thoughts and actions to a degree, you "mind contorl" or as to be said in a more accurate manner "influence" them all the time. As stated in in the thread somewhere already there is like a "mind battle" where one spouse seeks dominance over the other. The one that wins has more influence over the other, but as yet stated earlier they still do have free will.
I must admit i have "influenced" a view of my girl friends, sometimes abit to much which can back fire alot. Also i better add after that that i never influenced them through any sort of violence.
Moderation is the key.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join