It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Mind Control be used in personal relationships?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think this belongs here--- there are people who write or imprint things on paper and when seen is denied anything is there when you try to figure it out no matter how you look at it ---there is a different picture or letter or number---numbers seem to be used in drawing these faces and bodies---trees are gradually done to where one night when lights hit it you can see perfectly that something has been scraped into this tree but to try to pin point it or see it in daylight you cant---paper and tissues are folded into patterns everything is marked---I would think this is a kind of mind controll but I cant find out much about it--

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
morgan - could you try being more specific? Having something imprinted on a paper/tree doesn't make sense in mind control........the denial is consistent, but please elaborate further .........

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Ethics is a virtue, and as we know from The Art of War virtues are for the weak and vunerable. Who wouldn't use mind control if they could? It would be like Vanilla Sky when Tom Cruise tells everyone in the bar to shut up......that would be so cool.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell
It would be like Vanilla Sky when Tom Cruise tells everyone in the bar to shut up......that would be so cool.

Not really. Visit the closest moderately frequented restuarant. Yell at the top of your lungs for people to, "Shut up and listen." For a couple of seconds you'll have your Vanilla Sky. Not mind control. Common Sense on behalf of your audience.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

It would be like Vanilla Sky when Tom Cruise tells everyone in the bar to shut up......that would be so cool.

Not really. Visit the closest moderately frequented restuarant. Yell at the top of your lungs for people to, "Shut up and listen." For a couple of seconds you'll have your Vanilla Sky. Not mind control. Common Sense on behalf of your audience.

Hypothetically if you were using mind control though, and could use it on all those people. It would be like that, huh?........................................I'm gonna make a mind control device.........starting now.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

...........I'm gonna make a mind control device.........starting now.

I find your empassioned detachment funny!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Okay, the questin isn't whether or not mind control can be used in personal relationships, but whether or not its a good idea?
Any thoughts?

Mind control would be a great tool to make the course of world events proceed how you want. For instance in Iraq, you would need to subconsciously convince the insurgents that their cause is hopeless. They should stop their bombings and killings. For those without a cause but merely getting paid to participate in the violence, subconsciously convince them to not accept a few bucks just to get paid for placing a roadside bomb. Be patriotic for your country to help Iraq be free and independent. If the bombings and killings stop, the new Iraqi government can ask the US to leave and that would be a good thing in my opinion.

Of course I could easily imagine mind control used for devious purposes. If the US wanted to stay in Iraq, we could use mind control to make the insurgents keep it up and our leaders would see a need to stay in Iraq for an indefinite time period. After all, we must not let freedom fail.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter

Okay, the questin isn't whether or not mind control can be used in personal relationships, but whether or not its a good idea?
Any thoughts?

Mind control would be a great tool to make the course of world events proceed how you want. For instance in Iraq, you would need to subconsciously convince the insurgents that their cause is hopeless. They should stop their bombings and killings. For those without a cause but merely getting paid to participate in the violence, subconsciously convince them to not accept a few bucks just to get paid for placing a roadside bomb. Be patriotic for your country to help Iraq be free and independent. If the bombings and killings stop, the new Iraqi government can ask the US to leave and that would be a good thing in my opinion.

Of course I could easily imagine mind control used for devious purposes. If the US wanted to stay in Iraq, we could use mind control to make the insurgents keep it up and our leaders would see a need to stay in Iraq for an indefinite time period. After all, we must not let freedom fail.

Why use mind control when you can use other forms of communication?You can always ask them verbally why them resorts to bombings.There are so many ways to solve some problems in our current world,But some people just prefer to use mind control.Using mind control on another human being is showing extreme disrespect to him/her.And this disrespect will be returned to the mind controller ten folds once the victim finds out.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Quote: the ethical question and how an uncultered use would affect a sociological situation.

Well, I hate to admit such a manipulative way about myself, and I hate to admit that I do cross the line of privacy with my SO. (But he's a man. If I didn't, I'd never be able to trust him!)
Oh. Sorry. Back to the question.
Although I'm guilty as they come, it really isn't ethical. As far as the sociological situation... If a larger number of people COULD do this, yes, it would have a short term and long term impact sociologicaly. The short term would be that men (let me rephrase that).... people would be 'better SO', less cheating and lusting after others, less tempting outings would be made (you know what I mean). Anyway... Because their thoughts and behaviors are curtailed - bingo - short term effect (we aren't talking about the 'realness' of the relationship here).
Long term, you'd have many more peopl roll modeling a more decent behavior and conversation, which, of course, would grow us an entire new generation of beliefs that were turning the clock back to a better decade.

It would basicaly play out like a reverse in time for morals and such.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
(But he's a man. If I didn't, I'd never be able to trust him!)

The short term would be that men (let me rephrase that).... people would be 'better SO', less cheating and lusting after others, less tempting outings would be made (you know what I mean).

OMG. That really cracked me up.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well, mind control over my boss might add a few bucks to my monthly pay... that would be a good thing, indeed!

Seriously... I don't know if massified mind control would be useful or not... I think that, because of human nature, if all of us had mind control, sooner or later all of us would try to control/defend/react each other.

We already have our daily "struggles of power", would it be in family, at work, or just on the bus while trying to reach the last unoccupied seat... think of what a mess it would be if everyone could mind control...

Or, on the other hand, if everybody knew mind control, things would remain unchanged: after all, if i know it, then i should also know how to defend myself against it... so, the situation would remain almost as it is now.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think that ethically it is wrong, but I think it happens in many relationships, especially if you're married to a control freak. I think that Charles Manson used mind control on his family. I read a book, I think it was Helter Skelter, and Manson was reading a book about Hitler, and also a mind control book, and he would give the girls drugs, and then use the mind control techniques on them. Please be strong, and be your own person, and don't let anyone control you!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Mind control =
Making others living the lives you want them to live =
Making yourself happy that people are living the live you want they to live =
Not accepting people as who they are =
Changing them to suit yourself =

Everyday we will meet people we dont like,or think differently from us or simply are very annoying to us.But that doesnt mean we can mnd control them to make them less annoying or agree with everything we have to say.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kronn

Why use mind control when you can use other forms of communication?

Obviously I and no one else is using mind control to stop bombings and killings in Iraq. However in a war, you kill the enemy or stop him through other means if necessary. I was merely implying another method if possible. However I don't believe mind control is being used. Other forms of communication are obviously not working in several circumstances.

I suppose if a group of people is strictly opposed to democracy and freedom to choose their president by voting, then you are at war with them whether you fight them or not. Unless you want to be neutral or are on their side. However I believe if you see someone thats about to perform evil to someone else and it's in your power to stop them but you choose to do nothing, then doing nothing will have consequences in your afterlife if not sooner. An example: In the movie Spiderman, spiderman chose not to stop a thief because he didn't feel it was any of his business besides he didn't like the guy that the thief stole from, the next thing you know, the thief killed his uncle.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I would say no, mind control in its true sense cannot be used in a relationship. Because 'relationship' implies that you 'relate' to the other person. How can you relate to being a slave when you are the master?

Perhaps the most salient example would be James Bond, who is a spy for the British. It is not enough for him to be aware of all the tricks of the mind, but he must also be able to convince women that he will break all the rules for them! Would you say that 007 is using mind control on his Bond-Girls the same as Dr. No is using it on his workers?

I'd say no.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think I sould add...
You can't actualy "control the mind or person". Although classical conditioning can be used...cause/effect, rewards/consequenses = change in behavior.
You can give them the thought to call you, but if they do or not is not in your control.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It appears in your case, your SO willingly complies. I suspect you are providing subconscious communication rather than unnatural manipulation IMHO. If I'm correct, that is not a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
It appears in your case, your SO willingly complies. I suspect you are providing subconscious communication rather than unnatural manipulation IMHO. If I'm correct, that is not a bad thing.

I do hope it's not a bad thing. I also have a degree in psychology and often wonder how much of 'what' I'm doing and to whom

I do say in words everything I feel is important though. I just use things to snoop and know I shouldn't.

He may THINK I don't know he went here or there or was thinking this or that about who ever....WRONG! LOL
It's gotten to the point that I don't even have to check on him anymore - he gives himself away with the guilties. LOL

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by KronnUsing mind control on another human being is showing extreme disrespect to him/her.And this disrespect will be returned to the mind controller ten folds once the victim finds out.

With your logic I can say that most advertizers on tv, and most marketing campaing and strategies are showing disrespect to the viewers. Ads are used to persuade a viewer (subconsciously or consciously) to become a customer. And btw, the person being influenced can still reject the persuasion/mind control. Because he or she has freewill.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparhawk
Seriously... I don't know if massified mind control would be useful or not...

Ask the tobacco companies...

Their advertising campaigns in the 20th century where nothing short of mind control.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join