It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Mind Control be used in personal relationships?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Okay, the questin isn't whether or not mind control can be used in personal relationships, but whether or not its a good idea?

Also, what techniques would be feasible, and expected long-term reactions.

No right or wrong answers, and not an attempt to gain subversive knowledge, I already do
, the important aspect of this thread is the ethical question and how an uncultered use would affect a sociological situation.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
As soon as someone figures out how to do this, I have a list of things I want my wife programmed to do.

No...not that.

Well...maybe...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
my gf sleep talks.. alot.. and i can have conversation wit hher for hours if wanted.. i tell ehr to dance and she danc.es. raise teh roof and she does.. if i pla music i say were in a club and we dance..lol.. gotta love her..

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
that ethically, you could not use mind control in personal relationships. If you really truly love someone for who they are, you wouldn't want to change any aspect of that person. There is good and bad in everyone. You take the good with the bad in regards to the habits of an individual. The person you have committed to a personal relationship with, has also committed to a personal relationship with you. He/She has accepted your faults, as well as your strengths. To try and mold someone into something that she/he is not, and change the personality of that individual, should be a sign that this person is not the right person for you.

b56

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The power of suggestion can be used in many relationships of all kinds. Playing on ones known fears, aspirations, and concerns in order to illicit a prescribed response is the only form of mind control that seems to work.

If you're talking about the Jedi mind trick, sorry pal, it doesn't work.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Unfortunately for us guys...while we were out hunting, the women learned such techniques amongst themselves. Thousands of years later, we're still trying to figure them out, whereas they've pretty much got us nailed down, hehe...

As soon as someone figures out how to do this, I have a list of things I want my wife programmed to do.

No...not that.

Well...maybe...

You mean the thing we usually only get on birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries (that we remember), or Valentines???

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Quite simply, it would be wrong.
If you want to change a person, they should choose that change for themselves. Not be forced to.

And, why if it's a personal relationship, would you want to force change upon them? You love a person for who they are. Not for what you want them to be.
OK, there are instances where people screw up and change is necessary, but if they can't see that for themselves and don't choose to do something about it, maybe the relationship isn't worth it in the first place. Sure, you can help people to change, but mind control is forcing them to, and nobody should ever be forced to think a certain way.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This may rate as one of the scariest threads on ATS. The fact that you are looking to control your partner's mind leads me to believe you are struggling with serious personal insecurities and would benefit from seeing a psychologist. If you U2U me with your city of residence I will happily refer you to a suitable registered member of the APA in your area. Or go to www.apa.org... and find the APA in your state and ask for a listing of registered members.

Being free to make our own choices, good or bad, is a vital part of our humanity.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Please even my ethics are better than this. Sorry to be rude but dont change people for your own sick little goals.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
For the record, my intent was never to see what I could get away with.....

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It would be unethical and immoral to use personal powers to change anoather person. It would take away the other person's free will, which would be a big cosmic no-no.
The thought gives me the shivvers.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well its only wrong , if you get Caught!!! No but seriously, there was a point in my life when I was really interested in the power of suggestion, I even went to a school to become a hypnotist for a couple months. People here are stating it is immoral and what not, but to be honest........people try and program other people all the time! it's sick , alot of people do it and don't even realize it. Especially in relationships.

As For mind control and actual brain washing, there are alot of ways to go about it. Study up on cult techniques, abusive husbands , and Extreme religous groups. I'd go into it , but i'd rather not.

Taking away someones Freewill in my opnion is definetly one of the most shameful things people do to others in this world, To do so, Diminishes your own being as well as theirs.

But society as a whole is already doing it, everything from religious institutions ,Grammar schools,television, If you actually look into Hypnotism you would be suprised by how much it's used(though people call it different things), on one side its highly unethical, on the other alot of people don't seem to care being told what to do.

I doubt your actually going to brainwash somebody, it is good to be curious, its good to think Period!!

To use it in a relationship, As i stated above alot of people do it already (only to a point of course), and you probably already know somebody that is totally controlling over their spouse to the point it's not even laughable. I wouldn't advise it, There should be no need for a healthy person to control somebody else. but again Heathy being the key word there.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I'm pretty familiar with this 'technique' frequently used by people I'll refer to as 'players'. And no it is not a good idea, for a vast amount of reasons. The main one that stands out for me, is that when both parties are pretty well equal in mind power and one person attempts to alter the thoughts and/or behaviour of the other whilst using any form of mind control & if the other party picks up on this(which they usually will) the subject will enforce a barrier or blockage which has a tendency to cause the player to feel they lack control completely. Then the two parties enter an area I call 'power struggle' with the player trying to break through the barrier and the subject not allowing this to occur.

Now, in a relationship of any sort this backfire will lead to strain and conflict between the two people. Not just your average strain which can happen for everyday relationships, no, this can become a lifelong struggle for the two because neither person wants to give in or give up. It becomes a constant power struggle or battle for "who is the strongest & who has the most endurance" Or in laymen terms; who is the most stubborn lol!

I have one piece of advice for anyone-male or female-attempting to or wanting to try this 'mind game' out; Just "ask", sit down with your partner over some wine or coffee, and flat out ask the person to change, supply your sincere reasoning why and talk calmly, lovingly and maturely & remember to listen, listening makes up about 80% conversation. Talk about your expectations of each other and even of yourselves.

What I've gathered over the years is that those people who want to change someone else's way of thinking are in fact the very one's who are in need of some self evaluation and change. These people lack confidence and self-assurance to the point that they believe that the world of people around them (especially those in close proximity) are the one's who need to change, not them. I've realised that when I am most self assured is when I'm less likely to see everyone else's flaws or imperfections, therefore I'm less likely to be critical and wanting others to be someone they were not ever engineered to be. When you are happy within yourself, and I'm talking *deep* within yourself, everyone else looks and seems perfectly placed in who they are.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I strongly believe, mind control is possible among humans.

But first, its method must be described, the how-to. It's possible to influence another person through different conventional options, which doesn't seem to be magic. E.G.: words, body language, eye contact, various therapies, etc. Mind control is well known among religious groups and terrorists. We all have seen what it is capable for.

What about the more advanced option, which this thread may want to point at? Humans can learn telepathy, which is an advanced way to use brain waves. Mind control is based on this, if we describe its classical theory. Therefore, anybody learning this "magic", using it the proper way, he/she can really control others simply using brain waves .

It is possible that people learn telepathy through their life, they even use it every single day, but they aren't aware of what they are doing, thinking that it's a natural behaviour. I doubt though, that anybody could ever learn alone methodical mind control, the deliberate way of using it.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
this goes with not only the topic at large, but also and i think a little more immediately with what vertu said, I know you can cntrol people with suggestion and/or telepathy. I have a girlfriend currently who is making an obvious wrong choice, pointing out the obvious consequences to her daily (sometimes the obvious is the most hidden) and suggesting that she lose the habit hass caused her to change to a more recognisable form of her former self, but, since i was prodding all the time, and slipping things in on our conversations to do so, shes realised at least subconsciously that this wasnt purely her choice, and is now mad at me for making her do the right thing.
As far as the learned but unknown knowledge that we have telepathy but dont realise it, I believe we do. Ever get a gut feeling, follow it and then go wow, howd i know that was going to happen? ever know something before it happened or was even thought of? we have telepathy, its almost stupid to think we dont, some just have evolved it better through practice, others like some pro athletes were born with it and only had to fine tune it. YOu can call it a guardian angel, your little informer bird, whatever, being a christian, I still believe its telepathy, a gift, that is slightly higher sensitive because i strive to be better towards my fellow man. I also believe that it can be used for wrong purposes, like mind control. Just because ( i believe) god gave it to us doesnt mean its only for good, look at the catholic church, if not now, back a century or two. even they admit they were corrupt then..
Long post turned short, Yes mind control is possible, but like stated by others, if you do it, and the person is of equal or stronger mental capacity, look out, it could get reversed on to you, or at least have the opposite effect you were looking for

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by question_reality
Long post turned short, Yes mind control is possible, but like stated by others, if you do it, and the person is of equal or stronger mental capacity, look out, it could get reversed on to you, or at least have the opposite effect you were looking for

Well, this is definately not a game to play with, the effects can be controlled either way around, this is called "psychological warfare". It is part of the simple mind control, even an ignorant human being can access it without restrictions. As written above, it can be part of body language, expressions, words, sound, culture, and even through written text. Once you know who you are dealing with, you can control him/her the way you want it, because you already know, how he/she will react to a particular impact. Such primitive way of mind control has building blocks, which form the entire controlled destination towards the transmitter's needs. The reciever(s) will only recognize that something is wrong, but they will never be able to explore any sensible solutions due to the restrictions of their weak mind.

Far more advanced brain capabilities do exist, which operate with the lack of primitive accessories, simply with brain waves through walls, floors, or any objects just like radio works. These learnt brain capabilities probably require the assistance of experienced individuals, therefore a community, who already possess these special teachings. There are way too many things that can be transmitted through telepathy, but the most simple and the easiest to transmit emotions, it's the best way to learn telepathy. All you need to do, is observe people around you, and you'll see what is controlled, and what is not.

Furthermore, religious elements must be extracted from this observation, because that can lead to the influence of other people, who will lead you to the wrong direction, due to their ignorance.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Allow this to be a lesson in saying what you mean and meaning what you say - the focus of this thread veered completely away from what I originally envisioned

Let say first of all I have no interest in controlling anyone and have strong feelings regarding the use of even the slightest blatant infringement of a persons "comfort zone" - i.e. if it makes someone uncomfortable, it stops. Without an expected level of respect and trust this society would be worse off than iit already is. That said, my interest in the subject is intellectual as well as personal - I have first hand encountered the dangers of an impressionable audience getting carried away with the powers they felt they had as interpreted through a "fill in the blank symbolic media conveyance"(i.e.anyone ever see a first timer wiccan?)

Also, "personal relationship" was meant to incorporate the full spectrum of an individual, meaning family, friends,co-workers, as well as intimate. Ethics there of meaning how strong does a bond have to be to resist any outside interfence?.....A link to clarify the question further....again, I am completely remiss in that I failed to introduce this thread with more attention to detail.

NSA Mind Control and Psy-Ops

Now this entire link is an interesting read, I recommend it based on the implications it has towards the extent of human knowledge on a socialogical level.....the fact that such an in-depth report has been written and published indicates some time and effort went into its creation. But I'm interested for now in the manipulation of the social structure to further isolate an individual for indoctrination-(makes me glad I don't accept religion blindly, much less at all)- how established can an organization be to be able to affect an individuals social life so off-handedly? For this I direct you to sub-topic 4 Abstract Behavioral Modification about half-way down the page.

Now the existence of this document suggests to me a sub-society inclined to interaction of the above manner - and to the original intent of this thread - How prevalent could it be? What is the likely hood of its prominence? I recognize that an unbridaled acceptance of this could border on the paranoid and that's not where I want to take this , however I think the subject does bear some ponderance, judjing by the reactions in this thread.

I will now attempt to gather my thoughts further on the subject and suggest that you go over the link - a better understaqnding of a situation is always a good thing.

P.s. Based on the type of response illustrated in about half of the posts I have a renewed faith in humankind, albeit still wary.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There are people who are able to influence other people using their will, visualization ability and an altered state of mind. I've had some success with it (mostly to avoid mildly hostile situations to escalate), and I know others who have been able to influence people to go to a certain place at a certain time. Put certain numbers in their head etc...

It's not mind control at all. The person still has the free will to reject suggestions that would conflict with their ethics, and subconscious beliefs. You can't make a nun kill a man. It's a sort of telepathic communication in which you communicate directly with the subconscious mind of the other person. Everybody is able to do it, and every single person on this planet has done it without knowing it. Especially people with strong convictions and strict ways of thought.

If you are able to go into a deep state of mind (Deep alpha or theta), see a person in your mind's eye and see yourself stepping into that person and seeing and feeling yourself as actually being that person. You then have an incredible powerful link to that other person's subconscious mind. And you can influence them to do stuff. Of course they're subconscious mind can always reject it. But chances are that it won't reject it.

Odd

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The brief answer to the original question is "yes, but so can shotguns."

A lot of things can be done, but many of them should not be taken advantage of.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
It's not mind control at all. The person still has the free will to reject suggestions that would conflict with their ethics, and subconscious beliefs. You can't make a nun kill a man. It's a sort of telepathic communication in which you communicate directly with the subconscious mind of the other person. Everybody is able to do it, and every single person on this planet has done it without knowing it. Especially people with strong convictions and strict ways of thought.

Perhaps we need to halt here for a bit:

Subconscious state of the mind contains the person's emotional image, built up through his/her life, and also contains those primary feelings/intensions, which are responsible for most actions achievements in everyday life. Your subconscious mind can still drive you, your reactions, things you do without thinking them over and over again. E.G: if you walk home, you won't concentrate on your steps, you know how to do that. This enables you to think of anything else.

The conscious mind.... that everyone feels what it is, no furter explanation... the awareness!

Now imagine, that you take control of your subconscious mind, and you are capable of monitoring it, and even using it! As written above, all your long term memories (the ability to think, speak, etc) is controlled subconsciously, you don't need to concentrate on speaking. Using the subconscious mind consciously enables you to think way faster, as you don't need to "say words" while thinking, you can feel the information flow and you understand its meaning . Interesting, I encourage everyone to practice it. Wonderful feeling, and can be learnt!
-------------------

Back to the mind control: Not a bad idea to use it, especially if dealing with extremely ignorant people, who have the least capability of understanding simple everyday influence. Of course, it can be used for friendly and hostile reasons.

I strongly believe that genuine mind control is based on telepathy, and not all sorts of unnecassary useless witchery. Also, not only the subconscious state of mind can be manipulated, but the conscious mind, too! EG: When I send you a telepathic message, you won't hear my voice, instead, you'll hear your own voice talking to you, and answering your questions you ask in your mind. Some people might go crazy or paranoid , others may think that they heard God talking, but wo are less illiterate, might actually recognize a genuine telepathy.

The mind control is definately working at that level, when the reciever doesn't recognize what's going on, he/she can be controlled because knows nothing about what's happening--- whether it's affecting the conscious or the subconscious mind, no difference.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join