It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Vows "Final Nuclear Doom" in Most Recent Threat to US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If anyone cares to watch the documentary in the OP (it's very funny and Vice actually manages to infiltrate North Korea,) I think you'll find that more or less, anyone who's commented here is right to some degree.

There are elements of humor in the whole situation, but also a very serious problem. The humanitarian issue here is unfortunate, but the majority of those people truly believe they are in a utopian society given to them by their Dear Leader. They literally worship him and accredit to him their prosperity. The propaganda begins at birth, and is split between how great the Dear Leader is, and how terrible the US and it's allies are. Most of those people don't even realize the world is mad at them. They have state-run TV and that's IT.

They have nuclear weapons... that fact alone is troubling. They are (in no uncertain terms) declaring their desire to use them against the American public, on our own land. There is certainly a rallying cry from the vast majority of the N Korean people do to this. They are completely militarized.

In the Vice documentary, you learn that N Korea is full of tunnels to be in Seoul within an hour. They have huge monuments that are set up with explosives to fall over in case of invasion to act like tank barriers. It's Soviet Russia alive and well today.

And make no mistake: China and Russia are absolutely a part of this. China's helping with the cyber-attacks, and is rapidly showing that the US is beyond the ability to pay off it's enormous debt to them. Russia (as stated in previous replies,) has agreed to increase trade with NK and forgive their national debt. This is (I believe) in large part due to the worlds largest deposit of "Rare Earth Elements," recently discovered in NK.

China, Russia, and NK moving in a concerted effort to not only grab up the worlds resources as well as destroy the American government: That is not a joke. North Korea is the drummer boy, but there are some real heavy armaments marching along behind them... this cannot be forgotten.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

They want to take our jobs! Or actually the opposite. Just imagine how horrible, you have to work 16 hours and then you "live" where you work and your husband is from your work, you walk your dog where you work...
I vote nay to that.
Liberté ou la mort!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I'm happy to hear you've come to that decision. Yes, things typically result in silly arguments here and everywhere. I expected to be mocked (as a lot of my friends have suddenly done,) for admitting my fear to the Lord. It is NOT about religion as you've said. I don't consider myself a member of any congregation, rather: a disciple. One way or another, we're going down... If NK isn't directly calling for it, the climate scientists are trying to prove it, and the media is making gold records and winning Emmy's with it.

If my post helped you, then that makes me incredibly happy. There are times when I can't click on this site, because I know that knowing the particulars of this and that will do nothing but make my hands shake and make me pace around the house. That said: Knowledge IS power in this world... so I won't hide in ignorance, but rather I will look with sadness at the loss we're witnessing. I can't help but to be sad when I look around, but only hope that people can find their Way as individuals and not be afraid.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I still laugh at these poor people.

Honestly, I am tired of war threats from all the countries. Saddest part is the loudest barking dog is my own country.

Suppose DPRK actually has the capability and danglers to nuke the US. Suppose it lands right in DC. Would it be uncalled for? Don't we kind of have it coming? Hell. It's hard to say if it might not be viewed as a mercy killing.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I still laugh at these poor people.

Honestly, I am tired of war threats from all the countries. Saddest part is the loudest barking dog is my own country.

Suppose DPRK actually has the capability and danglers to nuke the US. Suppose it lands right in DC. Would it be uncalled for? Don't we kind of have it coming? Hell. It's hard to say if it might not be viewed as a mercy killing.

Now if they hit D.C. when certain people are in the town I might have to add them to my Christmas Card list.

Kidding, NSA! Just kidding! Don't fly over to the great JP and kick my door down please.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

This again.......
/yawn

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
They should put me on tv with a translator. hell, it doesn't even have to be me, anyone will do.
address his stupid haircutness with this statement

"Do it. The whole world is tired of hearing your little threats. Do it, or shut your mouth then go back to exploiting your people and pray that you don't discover oil under your county"

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yawwwwwwnnnn: I'm bored of their rhetoric. They are the human equivalent of angry miniature doberman canines. Yes maybe all of North Koreas citizens are mostly part of their countries army: But the second the dear leader and his closest are defeated; Kim Jong's hungry citizens who he is at the least, guilty through his brother and family of starving their citizens families, whose children they have killed, whose education they have repressed, whose allies they have treasoned, and even whose own blood family the current leader has sentenced to execution. This whole threat if followed through on could usher in an age of knowledge for North Korea; The dufus from the North Korean complex with his finger on the button would get an experience not much different from, but much larger than a little child holding a leaky watergun threatening to shoot a live high voltage electric line in my opinion. To the ones that are threatening from North Korea I personally say "Good luck dimwits!"
edit on 6-2-2015 by polarboarder1 because: I was fixing errors in text to more effectively convey my point.

edit on 6-2-2015 by polarboarder1 because: editing more text

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: JessicaRabbitTx

Yeah.. if they were a middle eastern country like Iran that made those threats we'd be invading the next week.

They have nukes, which is why we don't.

This is exactly why the West is trying to stop anybody more from getting nukes, like Iran.

At the same time, this reality incentivizes conventionally weaker countries to get nukes because they know the US can stomp on them if they don't have some. So perversely it is creating it.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
If anyone cares to watch the documentary in the OP (it's very funny and Vice actually manages to infiltrate North Korea,) I think you'll find that more or less, anyone who's commented here is right to some degree.

There are elements of humor in the whole situation, but also a very serious problem. The humanitarian issue here is unfortunate, but the majority of those people truly believe they are in a utopian society given to them by their Dear Leader. They literally worship him and accredit to him their prosperity. The propaganda begins at birth, and is split between how great the Dear Leader is, and how terrible the US and it's allies are. Most of those people don't even realize the world is mad at them. They have state-run TV and that's IT.

They have nuclear weapons... that fact alone is troubling. They are (in no uncertain terms) declaring their desire to use them against the American public, on our own land. There is certainly a rallying cry from the vast majority of the N Korean people do to this. They are completely militarized.

In the Vice documentary, you learn that N Korea is full of tunnels to be in Seoul within an hour. They have huge monuments that are set up with explosives to fall over in case of invasion to act like tank barriers. It's Soviet Russia alive and well today.

And make no mistake: China and Russia are absolutely a part of this. China's helping with the cyber-attacks, and is rapidly showing that the US is beyond the ability to pay off it's enormous debt to them. Russia (as stated in previous replies,) has agreed to increase trade with NK and forgive their national debt. This is (I believe) in large part due to the worlds largest deposit of "Rare Earth Elements," recently discovered in NK.

China, Russia, and NK moving in a concerted effort to not only grab up the worlds resources as well as destroy the American government: That is not a joke. North Korea is the drummer boy, but there are some real heavy armaments marching along behind them... this cannot be forgotten.

Just watched that video and wow, it's like an episode of the twilight zone. It was incredibly entertaining too, anymore reccomendations? I'm bored and can't fall asleep! haha

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
While I definitely believe North Korea needs sorting out, I am not sure what the best approach would be.

Sure we could go to war with them. But then we would be killing hundreds of thousands of members of the NK army, many of which probably despise their government as much as we do, but are forced to fight due to the 3 generation rules for abandonment. I'm all for stopping Kimmy, but not at the cost of killing innocents that he forces to fight for him.

Perhaps an unwavering and enormous military movement (amassed of many nations) should be launched to NK, bringing with it such deterring power that it can impose it's will over the nation. Infiltrate the nation and allow those that wish to flee a safe exit from their captors. Once the innocents are gone, then dispose of the truly evil individuals like Kim.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedEyes619
While I definitely believe North Korea needs sorting out, I am not sure what the best approach would be.

Sure we could go to war with them. But then we would be killing hundreds of thousands of members of the NK army, many of which probably despise their government as much as we do, but are forced to fight due to the 3 generation rules for abandonment. I'm all for stopping Kimmy, but not at the cost of killing innocents that he forces to fight for him.

Perhaps an unwavering and enormous military movement (amassed of many nations) should be launched to NK, bringing with it such deterring power that it can impose it's will over the nation. Infiltrate the nation and allow those that wish to flee a safe exit from their captors. Once the innocents are gone, then dispose of the truly evil individuals like Kim.

Watch the video OP posted, I don't know how many would truly want to escape.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Pinky and the Brian stuff here. "Final Doom"! Where is Plankton?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

“The U.S. imperialists, engrossed in the hostile policy toward the DPRK [Democratic People's Republic of Korea] century after century, should be mindful that the time of nightmare is coming nearer when they will meet the most disastrous, final doom on the U.S. mainland,”

The DPRK has only existed since 1948. Exactly how do they figure the "U.S. imperialists" have been showing them hostility "century after century?" Sheesh, I thought Asians were good at math.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Yes, I noticed that too... my only guess is that they are referring to Korea in general, not just the 67 year old northern version haha.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Yeah, if I can personally buy any substance of my choice online, any government can get ahold of nuclear weapons. It's a joke to think the US can stop anyone from having them. "We have the technology," so it's not about proliferation anymore... it's about world peace: which is not possible. It's not possible, so it's only a matter of time now.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So how far do they think those nukes will go with their their new launch system...

I really don't think we have much to worry about.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
north korea making threats... tea pot calling the kettle? maybe if they spent more money feeding their own people they could actually muster an army that would be a threat.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

its not like north korea has no oil its just that their threats carry no weight

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I, for one, think us of a should do preventive strike. For how long, you tell me, us of a should put up with this country? Did media condition us to say collectively to finish with that crap?

Question to you, what would be the motive of this small country to say thing like this?

Thank you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join