It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Vows "Final Nuclear Doom" in Most Recent Threat to US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I was anticipating this response from you, well played!

I knew as I was posting the links that you would mention that they were all basically MSM, but it doesn't matter, really. To what degree is any of it true or fabricated and the reasons therefore? I am right there with you: the DPRK does make some good points about our government/military. The bit about Vietnam and other US activity in the articles, as well as what you've mentioned: I agree wholeheartedly. Our government IS the gangster-like whatever he said.... No doubt.

But... Don't come blowing up MY back yard. I didn't do a single thing to any of the people crying "Death to America!" I don't hate them or want their resources. I don't care what they pray to or how they want to run their countries. They are FOOLS to think for a second that the American PEOPLE are worth their weight in oil to the American GOVERNMENT.

edit on 6-2-2015 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

I agree with your sentiments but I will make these points.

What else are they to do?

How can they attack your Government without attacking the people?

They are not responsible for your Governments actions but you are!

You have the remedy! You have the Second Amendment and thus far, you still have the benefits it gives you all.

Someone IS responsible for your Government and that someone is "We The People"

I am sick to death of the sheer double standards of the US having thousands of Nuclear Weapons and then saying, so and so can't have any.

The US is a bully to NK who want the one weapon that is the only safeguard against the US military.

Meanwhile, the several hundred Nukes that Israel illegally have is swept under the carpet.

I despise double standards.

So how should NK respond to US aggression?

P

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Well said, on all points. However, for the time being I'll take up my 1st Amendment right and leave the gun where it lies. I honestly don't believe the People have much to do with elections anymore... possibly not for a long time. I didn't vote for any of these new executive orders... or for the NSA, Homeland Security bill, ACA, etc. If they wanted to attack a Government... well I don't have a comment on advice for that sort of thing....

However, for the time being we People do still have a voice.

*For the time being.*

So, the Second Amendment is still one place behind the First, and for good reason. I think we need to utlize the internet "as a mass body of citizens" to open up communications with those who wish us harm. They always talk with heads of state and "elected officials" who are supposed to represent us the People... but I'll ask you: Do you feel properly represented? I sure don't and I hold no contest against the claim that our Government is guilty of every charge put against it: But THEY will be safe in their bunkers when the tide rolls in. We'll be left to die for their causes.

Flood the internet with short, personal calls for peace, I'd advise. Millions of people of all ages and races, asking you to throw down your arms for the sake of humanity itself.... it would make a big statement to anyone. If that can't happen (which it COULD) or if the testimony and pleas of the People of the world are ignored... well then it's onto that Second Amendment.

The Peoples Voice is all we truly have.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I believe it's time to take the threat seriously and attack North Korea and be done with it. They have stated that they are going to use nuclear weapons against us at any time now. The fat boy is delusional and scared that he is going to be overthrown, so he tries to get the poorly educated military leaders to rally around him. He is in charge, he is making the threat, he can deal with the consequences. They have claimed they were going to attack us and declared war on us how many times. We are only at a truce with them anyway. We should tell them they have 48 hours to surrender their military to the U.S. forces and leave their weapons where they are and go back to their homes. I think we should pack up and leave Panmunjom right after that and wait to see what happens. Hopefully there will be a coup and the smarter generals will overthrow fat boy and his house of crazies. If they are too scared to overthrow the maniac, we should nuke every single military base and any offensive and defensive positions with airbursts. We should spare the cities and the civilian population, then go in and pick up the fat boy for his crimes against humanities trial which will be coming shortly. His diet while in prison should be whatever the people are given in the NK prison system. I think China and South Korea could then work out the civilian population problem next. This crap just needs to end and I for one am just tired of ignoring the threat. Lets just finish this once and for all.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rjbaggins

I believe it's time to take the threat seriously and attack North Korea and be done with it.

Before you do that, you may want to review this thread and the three other ones done by Wrabbit2000 and listed in the opening post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then by all means .... but how about you lead by example. You can yell charge and lead the way for our troops. Perhaps we will all follow, then again ....

P

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rjbaggins

You say what most of us are thinking... but what few of us realize is exactly how entrenched the citizens of NK are in the propaganda. Yes, there are refugees and prisoners (many in forced labor-camps in Siberia,) but there are millions of citizens who are 100% indoctrinated in that country. Their fathers and their kids all under the "Dear Leaders," (not-so) charismatic spell. It is their belief that Kim Jong Un's Grandfather Kim Il Sung (who has been dead for over a decade but is still legally President of North Korea,) is actually sent by God to be the Supreme Ruler. The vast VAST majority of the people living there are literally religiously devout to their "Dear Leader."

They would gladly fight and die for him, especially to dismantle the "American Imperialist Aggressors." It sounds so outrageous to say it aloud, but the whole country seems like it could be one huge experiment/tool in bringing about the NWO... but who knows?

Watch that documentary I've posted on the first page of this thread, you won't regret it.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
“It is the decision of the army and people of the DPRK to have no longer need or willingness to sit at negotiating table with the U.S. since the latter seeks to stamp out the ideology of the former and ‘bring down’ its social system… the army and people of the DPRK have decided to write the last page of the U.S. history of shameful defeat about its final ruin exactly on the U.S. land..”

That's funny, because Kim Jong-Un himself has been very welcoming of potential meetings as of late. Indeed, it has been revealed that there have been preliminary meetings between the USA and North Korea in the last couple of months...

The United States and North Korea have been actively discussing the possibility of returning to denuclearization talks, raising the prospect of a new round of diplomacy even as Washington takes a tougher line against Pyongyang.

The countries’ nuclear envoys have been discussing the idea of “talks about talks,” according to multiple people with knowledge of the conversations. But they have not been able to agree on the logistics — in no small part because of North Korea’s continuing Ebola quarantine.

goo.gl...

All evidence points to communication taking place between the USA and North Korea, and Kim Jong-Un has been interested in resuming talks. I'd take these reports and the words of Kim Jong-Un over their annual propaganda announcement.

edit on 6-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: rjbaggins

I believe it's time to take the threat seriously and attack North Korea and be done with it.

Yeah well it's a bit more complicated than that...

According to CNNMoney, North Korea and Russia have officially become best buds!

The Russian Chamber of Commerce set up a special Council for Cooperation with North Korea this week. The goal is to increase trade between the two to $1 billion a year -- double the current level -- by 2020.

In another goodwill gesture towards Pyongyang, Russia canceled $10 billion of North Korea's $11 billion Soviet era debt in mid-2014.

Source: money.cnn.com...

So if the US intervenes against NK, they'll most likely be messing with Russia as well/Russia would most likely intervene (especially since Russia has sooo many sanctions from the US).

It's a bit of a coincidence if you ask me. NK and Russian friendship hit's a high level this week, and NK threatens the US with Doom. I wonder if NK felt bigger (and or more protected) now that they have a huge bear in the neighborhood that is on their side.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Isn't this how North Korea shakes money out of China? Rock China's money boat and a little spills over the edge onto North Korea?

What a web we have woven...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

They were talking, yes. That was within the last few months, and would logically follow through. All of this is nicely summed up in your own post there:

Talks began months ago:

The United States and North Korea have been actively discussing the possibility of returning to denuclearization talks, raising the prospect of a new round of diplomacy even as Washington takes a tougher line against Pyongyang.

Which could logically lead to this, just days ago:

“It is the decision of the army and people of the DPRK to have no longer need or willingness to sit at negotiating table with the U.S. since the latter seeks to stamp out the ideology of the former and ‘bring down’ its social system…

That... only makes sense.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

North Korea may not have oil but is rich in something much much more valuable.

Largest known rare earth deposit discovered in North Korea

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
So little kimmie has more in common with his dad than we previously knew.....
...hes ronery

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Outstanding observation, thanks for adding that!

I knew that China and NK are obviously in a sort of "older brother, younger brother" type situation, but never really heard of this new "alliance" with Russia. You may very well be onto the point here: NK's got big cousin Russia in their corner so he's basically mooning us. (At least we can only hope so.)

Again though, this line of thinking just sharpens NKs role as the classic "instigator." It seems geologically, politically and sociologically hand-picked and pruned to play just that role. The key to the floodgates. Just carrying on with thoughts here, of course.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Wow, you just opened up a new can of possibilities.

Deluded little prick might even think they see him as equal, unaware how they just sacrifice him to keep their hands clean...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

That's big $$/kilo stuff - I appear to stand corrected, maybe North Korea needs 2.2 mega-freedoms of democracy air-dropped pronto.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Very interesting bit of information there... which could also play into why Russia would suddenly become all buddy-buddy with NK, and China to boot:

From your link:

The 216 million tonne Jongju deposit, theoretically worth trillions of dollars, would more than double the current global known resource of REE oxides which according to the US Geological Survey is pegged at 110 million tonnes.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Yes, you are correct that this recent development could be a conclusion drawn from the meetings which took place last month. North Korea was recently angered by a US refusal to send a representative to the country, so this could be a response to that scenario. It does make sense.

Still, i'd say it is quite clear that North Korea wants to talk, despite these hiccups we occasionally see. The problems are stemming from the differences between them and USA/South Korea, and i hope that both sides eventually come to some agreement on the matters at hand. It will be interesting to see if North Korea similarly snubs South Korea, which agreed to hold meetings sometime in the future with North Korea, after Kim Jong-Un offered 'highest-level talks'.

Edit: It appears that South Korea has already snubbed North Korea, despite it agreeing to North Korea's proposal earlier on in the year. The information was lightly covered in a NYT article on the same topic as this thread.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 6-2-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Yes but alas, no one is taking anything he says very seriously, especially Obama.

If Kim Jong Un even reads books, I suspect he's skimmed that particular work more than once.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
US/N Korea, they're both as bad as each other...

Actually, N Korea only kills their own people whereas the US spreads its efforts across its own country and the Middle East.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join