It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else get painful cramps/muscle spasms in front of neck/throat?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I have no idea if it's the same thing, but very rarely (usually while in bed and trying to sleep) I will suddenly get a sharp pain in the area you circled (but I think always on the right side, not the left). My grandma gave me the solution, which was to place a cold, damp cloth over the affected area. (I suppose an icepack or something would do the same job) The pain would go away very quickly for me.

Again, no idea if it's the same problem or not, but if it is, that's an easy thing to try. If not, I've cost you maybe 2 minutes of your life.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I get this if I forcefully yawn too much as in open my mouth too much.

Theres nothing amazing about this really.... No muscle can take being stressed too much.
could be though that since you experience it so much that you have something going on in there.....

I had a girlfriend once who had water in her jaw causing pain if she stressed it too much.

Final thing it could be a bacterial infection like the one I have currently.
swallowing is painful, throat is soar and to begin with I had slight pain at the point marked on your photo (which is where your tonsils are...)

A doctor can quickly determine this by looking down you throat.
The cure is penicilin for 7-10 days.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

Possibly a hiatal or paraesophageal hernia. I had the more uncommon higher overlapping caused by chugging a can of carbonated liquid too fast. It was only painful when I would exacerbate it by eating or drinking. It felt like getting a sharp jab in the throat that would slowly stop hurting.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join