It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excellent 34 game + DLC Eidos package deal on Steam

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

WOW!

What a deal! Such great games and tons of DLC. Just getting the word out so nobody misses it. If you don't have steam this deal alone is worth signing up. Hundreds of hours of fun for just thirty bucks!

Steam Sale

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Jesus!

Thanks for the heads up!

That is a great(although DRM ridden) package.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Drm?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Drm?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Digital rights management.

en.wikipedia.org...

Or as I like to call it "Punish Your Paying Customers Management".

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Sick package , Deus Ex brings back some good memories , man that game was good.
This was 15 years ago when it got released , but Always will be in my top 5 of favorite games.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

Jesus!

Thanks for the heads up!

That is a great(although DRM ridden) package.

No problem. I've been pricing out a new gaming rig and this seemed like a good way to breath life into my current system. Most games in this collection aren't too demanding and the DLC was icing on the cake.

I'm currently playing Besiege which is a fun and creative way to kill an hour. This game is hilarious and has some excellent physics. It's only in alpha stage but you would never know it except for the lack of content. But at seven bucks, you cant go wrong. Check it out.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Yeah I game on a laptop so some games are off limits for that very reason(I tried Titanfall and it didn't turn out so well. Pretty sure that game isn't supposed to look like Minecraft).

Most of these games shouldn't be an issue though.

I will check out Besiege. I always enjoy physics based games even if they are something stupid like "Angry Birds".

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Once you have steam you can load it up on any computer and retrieve all games you have ever bought...so no issues with that stuff that im aware of cause its tied to your account and not your computer

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

DRM can cause tons of issues and you have to research a game before buying it.

One example I can think of is Batman-Arkham City that only gave me four downloads(I switch computers fairly often). Which means I wasted twenty bucks on a game that I can only re-download four times. Also means that once I download it to a computer I can't delete it and download it again at later date for fear of using up one of the four downloads.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Yeah then the game makers wonder why people switch to piracy.

Thanks for the heads-up on that game.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Raffles

Actually I was looking online and they may have patched it out for future versions.

Honestly I deleted it when I found out about the limitations the first time and vowed never to buy a game from that company ever again. It really pissed me off.

I haven't even revisited it to know if the limits are still on there.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Right but I was under the assumption that if its through steam you can always just load it up on your account...unless they make you agree to some third party thingy....which may be the case you are talking about...which in that case...im with you...I stay away from drm because I switch computers often as well....bout every 2 years.
edit on 6-2-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Well Steam IS a form of DRM just in itself but some of the studios and producers take it way too far and it just punishes paying customers to the point of alienation.

Like how I now refuse to buy any games from Rocksteady Studios because of the Batman game experience.

A great example of DRM free games is those offered on GOG. I try to buy from there when I can but they don't have many newer games.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You don't OWN anything you purchase on steam.

You are LICENSING the use of the product for your Steam Account. Yes you may use your Steam Account on as many PC's as you'd like, so long as two aren't logged in at the same time, as that's a violation of their end user agreement.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

One example I can think of is Batman-Arkham City that only gave me four downloads(I switch computers fairly often). Which means I wasted twenty bucks on a game that I can only re-download four times. Also means that once I download it to a computer I can't delete it and download it again at later date for fear of using up one of the four downloads.

You could also make an ISO file out of one of the downloads, mount it to a USB drive and have a hardcopy. As long as you have the key for it, it would work 100% of the time, on as many PC's as you wanted.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Just buy a few external hard drives and download as many games onto them as you can. DRM would be a thing of the past as you wouldn't need to download them more than once or twice. Transfer your library around to any computer this way, just make sure to update any save files.

When you're ready to get involved in a game, transfer it back to your computer to play. Playing through USB might work for some indie games but would be way too slow for anything else.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

gog is so good...its funny too that i buy those games for that reason...just keep em on a flash drive and reinstall em on a new computer every time i get one....gog is great
edit on 6-2-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

This makes sense.

Thanks for the idea.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was looking at steam this morning and saw the package deal.
Kind of funny because last week I was looking at the same deal for 200 bucks.

I'm tempted but never cared for hitman and never tried thief.

The reality is that I already have way to many games for my own good.

It is tempting though just for the tomb raiders.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join