It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It was only a matter of time before the Anti-Vaxxers have gone to the dogs...FACEPALM!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Dog owners are now skipping shots for Rover.....Because they wuv 'em so much!

Seriously guys??? What the 'ell??

Hold on, I have to get this out of the way first....

OK, I'm fine now.

Don't pet you're neighbor's dog anymore. They might have rabies or distemper!

Now some parents aren’t vaccinating their dogs.

(Can we Darwin Award these people now?)

In the midst of an anti-vax craze that has led to a mini-epidemic of measles in humans, some pet owners are forgoing vaccines for Fido, New York Magazine reports.

Statistics aren’t available, but veterinarians say they are concerned whenever pets don’t get their shots.

Dog owners are only required to vaccinate their pets against rabies, distemper and parvovirus.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions,"veterinarian Brennen McKenzie said, "but not their own facts."

Ok, how soon before we're surrounded by tons of little Cujo's running around?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Better stay in the house where I am safe until all those crazy anti-vaxxers are rounded up and dealt with.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Anti-vax is cause of measles mini-epidemic???? Not according to this article from almost a year ago:
Measles Outbreak Traced to Fully Vaccinated Patient for First Time
news.sciencemag.org... urce=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Habit4ming
Anti-vax is cause of measles mini-epidemic???? Not according to this article from almost a year ago:
Measles Outbreak Traced to Fully Vaccinated Patient for First Time
news.sciencemag.org... urce=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Now it's gone to the dogs. Literally. LOL Don't come to me when Fido gives you the rabies. Now, now stay on topic...

LOL

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Yep, my husband's high school buddy is married to an anti-vax and they lost a puppy to distemper because of it.

Now, I will admit that our cats are not typically vaccinated, but they are indoor cats. They don't typically have the opportunity to get exposed. When we take them to the vet, they do get the base shots (rabies especially), and the vet agrees with us that the ones they are most likely to come into contact with through outdoor time they don't need.

When we have one get out, he or she gets the shots. Simple as that.

Dogs are different. There is no avoiding outside exposure for them.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Yep, my husband's high school buddy is married to an anti-vax and they lost a puppy to distemper because of it.

Now, I will admit that our cats are not typically vaccinated, but they are indoor cats. They don't typically have the opportunity to get exposed. When we take them to the vet, they do get the base shots (rabies especially), and the vet agrees with us that the ones they are most likely to come into contact with through outdoor time they don't need.

When we have one get out, he or she gets the shots. Simple as that.

Dogs are different. There is no avoiding outside exposure for them.

My cat that is missing, when I tried keeping her an indoor cat, I got her indoor shots, but as soon as I knew she was determined to be an outdoor cat, I took her right back to the vet and got her outdoor shots added to protect her. (And yes, my dog is up to date as well.)
edit on 2/5/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Goody for all of you....now mind your own business and pay the vet .....................meh

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Huh

I don't get it!

What's the point again

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Oooohhh, now I get it! Duuhhhhhh...what was thinking.

That Parvo that my daughters pup had would surely have gone away had I not spent money have him treated. Well, I guess the alternative would have been death!

What the hell does this have to do with humans? What the hell is wrong with you people comparing humans to animals?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1
Oooohhh, now I get it! Duuhhhhhh...what was thinking.

That Parvo that my daughters pup had would surely have gone away had I not spent money have him treated. Well, I guess the alternative would have been death!

What the hell does this have to do with humans? What the hell is wrong with you people comparing humans to animals?

Apparently some humans are idiots. LOL

From the article in the OP

“Issues in veterinary medicine spill over from human medicine,” veterinarian Brennen McKenzie told the magazine, adding that “mostly unfounded concerns about vaccine safety” in humans is definitely fueling anti-shot dog owners.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I vaccinated my dog, and see what happened...

..lol, not really, he rolled in a Fire Ant mound.
You need to vaccinate your pets, parvo and rabies is deadly and preventable.
Heartworm is just as bad, transferred by sqeeters.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I vaccinated my dog, and see what happened...

..lol, not really, he rolled in a Fire Ant mound.
You need to vaccinate your pets, parvo and rabies is deadly and preventable.
Heartworm is just as bad, transferred by sqeeters.

Poor guy! I SAT on a fire mound that blended in with the fire hydrant they were on once. YIKES! I sympathize with the dude! I hope he feels better.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Dog vaccines?
Brilliant.

Labels loaded with technical information that 95% don't or don't want to understand
Virtually no quantifiable test results.
Not sure the antibodies even stop the pathogen.
Zero liability for damages.
Zero accountability for cost cutting and poor quality control.
Bundled together for higher profit margins.
Little or no ability to monitor adverse effects.

Well they've found a pliable market haven't they?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This has been an issue for years, specifically the frequency of many vaccinations.

There are actually a ton of conspiracy theories in the pet & vet world. Maybe we will see them posted here some day.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

This is propaganda. There us no such thing as an "antivaxxer" movement. Its a new media perpetuated label for use in the upcoming political cycle. Like "Birther" and etc.
I would like to see the numbers on this, but its just a fake propaganda news story. Top to bottom. And yes they exist you can watch Bush Jr being grilled over it by a reporter.
ill add your thread to my ongoing list here. (not pro or antivax thread I support and believe in mmr but also the choice to recieve or not.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Its propaganda top to bottom. It claims the ant vaccination craze led to a mini epidemic. It was a breakout in disneyland which ia full of forign visitors and 100 miles from Mezico.
Almost every breakout In recent history has been imported from outside the country, if not flat out every instance.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Its propaganda top to bottom. It claims the ant vaccination craze led to a mini epidemic. It was a breakout in disneyland which ia full of forign visitors and 100 miles from Mezico.
Almost every breakout In recent history has been imported from outside the country, if not flat out every instance.

Supposedly patient zero was a missionary returning from the Philippines, if I recall from a news report. I'll try and find the article and post in your thread if I do.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

That was the case with the outbreak last fall. Amish missionaries coming from Philippines, gets other Amish sick. Also the other outbreak in 2014 was from Philippines too I believe, but other side of the US.

This one will likely be an imported case, and majority of those infected were also foreigners and immigrants without immunizations.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

That was the case with the outbreak last fall. Amish missionaries coming from Philippines, gets other Amish sick. Also the other outbreak in 2014 was from Philippines too I believe, but other side of the US.

This one will likely be an imported case, and majority of those infected were also foreigners and immigrants without immunizations.

Yup, found the article, you are correct. Hopefully they can narrow it down this time as well. Oh well, back on topic. Vaccinate your pets people!

new topics

top topics

join