It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 4 Americans think Sun goes around Earth

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

You leave me wondering why you would quote half my point even though i clearly said the force was altered?
Wonder no more because you didn't say the force was altered. You said

but we are in his image that is projected and altered.

You said the "image" was altered, not the force. You said "the being" is held together by gravity.

You also said a lot of other stuff, as you often do.

We are not held together by gravity.
edit on 2/7/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: Dabrazzo
What do you mean "zero gun control?" Is that simply being allowed to own a gun if they can apply and pass the checks?

I mean zero gun control, as in complete deregulation of the sale of lethal firearms in the United States.
And in my opinion that is insanity of the highest order as shown in videos posted above, you know I cant even comprehend how that nation has even survived to be honest.

It just wouldnt be the same wiout all of our guns, we need them for our freedom!
In America we applaud genius people who do intelligent things like let kids into machine gun theme parks. Which is why America is the greatest country on earth!

edit on 7-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

LOL

Maybe they will sell Brawndo so people can mutilate their thirst.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You leave me wondering why you would quote half my point even though i clearly said the force was altered?
Wonder no more because you didn't say the force was altered. You said

but we are in his image that is projected and altered.

You said the "image" was altered, not the force. You said "the being" is held together by gravity.

You also said a lot of other stuff, as you often do.

We are not held together by gravity.

ok so you were confused.

the force is in the image that is altered therefore the force was altered because it is part of the image that was altered.

edit on 7-2-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Do you ever get dizzy?
Thinking in circles like that?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

perhaps

but you just failed to see i was referencing that in the image it appears as gravity but in the being it is strong or weak force

in that sense in my theory they are the same just like in the being is blood but in the image is oil

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

LOL

Maybe they will sell Brawndo so people can mutilate their thirst.

We may get to that point at some day, just give the people some time, be patient Brawndo will be here soon!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

I think gravity at least, from my limited understanding, is still a theory because while we understand quite a bit about how it functions in and around the Earth, when you start talking about how it functions in deep space, in and around some of the exotic environments like around black holes and neutron stars and the like, the math suggests that gravity begins to do some pretty weird s***t. And right now at least, we have no way to test whether or not that is actually true.

That was my understanding of it too more or less. We know gravity is there, and we know how to measure/calculate it however it starts causing problems when an object becomes massive enough, the math/formulas suggest something contrary to what we observe and on top of everything else we have no idea why gravity exists. Basically, our current theory isn't wrong, it's merely incomplete.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

a reply to: Aazadan

I think gravity at least, from my limited understanding, is still a theory because while we understand quite a bit about how it functions in and around the Earth, when you start talking about how it functions in deep space, in and around some of the exotic environments like around black holes and neutron stars and the like, the math suggests that gravity begins to do some pretty weird s***t. And right now at least, we have no way to test whether or not that is actually true.

That was my understanding of it too more or less. We know gravity is there, and we know how to measure/calculate it however it starts causing problems when an object becomes massive enough, the math/formulas suggest something contrary to what we observe and on top of everything else we have no idea why gravity exists. Basically, our current theory isn't wrong, it's merely incomplete.

Gravity isn't a theory it's an observation we can see its effects and measure them. As far as theory of gravity we don't have one we have models but as for a cause of gravity we have not developed a testable theory anyway.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

yes gravity is real but the definition or explaination of it is a theory.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Actually, yes gravity IS a theory. The Law part of gravity is the Inverse-Square Law which describes gravitational behavior quite well, but make no mistake the entire idea of Gravitation IS a theory.

Is Gravity a Theory or a Law?

We can use Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation to calculate how strong the gravitational pull is between the Earth and the object you dropped, which would let us calculate its acceleration as it falls, how long it will take to hit the ground, how fast it would be going at impact, how much energy it will take to pick it up again, etc.

While the law lets us calculate quite a bit about what happens, notice that it does not tell us anything about why it happens. That is what theories are for. In the language of science, the word "theory" is used to describe an explanation of why and how things happen. For gravity, we use Einstein's Theory of General Relativity to explain why things fall.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Relativity is a theory gravity is an observation. It's what the theory is attempting to explain.in other words you can't say gravity doesn't exist it's like saying trees don't exist.
edit on 2/9/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Relativity is a theory gravity is an observation. It's what the theory is attempting to explain.in other words you can't say gravity doesn't exist it's like saying trees don't exist.

No one said gravity doesn't exist, but it's very likely that our current understanding of it is incomplete. This shouldn't be a surprise, our current understanding of virtually everything is likely wrong to one degree or another. As far as relativity goes, we can observe it, that's how we proved it even. Relativity is proved with every space mission when the shuttle clock and the mission control clock end off sync by a little bit. With some good synchronized clocks you can even prove it yourself by taking a clock with you, one at home, and going on a long drive for a day. On top of that GPS systems rely on relativity in order to properly determine your position. These are all observable examples of the theory in action.

Anyways this is all off my intended point which was that these concepts are theories. When people hear of a theory, especially when it goes against what they believe to be true, they dismiss it. That's why I'm fairly tolerant of people getting these questions wrong... in a sense they're even right to say the theory is wrong, but they're saying it for the wrong reasons. The sun going around the earth though... no one should get that one wrong.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I wonder then how many people think the solarsystem is stationary in a fixed spot in the universe and not, like is the actual case, darting through the universe at an incrdible speed while the planets orbit the sun.... Heck even I wasnt taught that in school.

I blame religion.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think some people are just willfully ignorant of things like the sun going around the earth, maybe they just want to believe what they want to believe. Doesnt matter if you tell them otherwise because they want to believe it.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Why would people do something so very stupid and wrong as coal rollin thier fellow citizens.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

It's numbers like this that may begin to give you your first clue to the problem.

According to a new report, 47 percent of Detroiters are “functionally illiterate.” The alarming new statistics were released by the Detroit Regional Workforce Fund on Wednesday.

So, I'd say that the problem is likely pervasive and linked to the poor standard of public education. Lucky for us we have Common Core, so pretty soon, every classroom will be standardized to the least common denominator and everyone will be blissfully ignorant. If no one knows there is a problem, then reports like these will cease to be an issue.
I'm from Detroit you should see how they drive. My cousin works at a dollar store he deals with these people all the time. Last week a woman came in and asked to use the bathroom. He told her it was for employees only. She pulled her pants down and pissed in the isle. Then she complained to the manager and started swearing at my cousin. There is no hope for the people of Detroit. We should fence the city off and napalm it.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

It's numbers like this that may begin to give you your first clue to the problem.

According to a new report, 47 percent of Detroiters are “functionally illiterate.” The alarming new statistics were released by the Detroit Regional Workforce Fund on Wednesday.

So, I'd say that the problem is likely pervasive and linked to the poor standard of public education. Lucky for us we have Common Core, so pretty soon, every classroom will be standardized to the least common denominator and everyone will be blissfully ignorant. If no one knows there is a problem, then reports like these will cease to be an issue.
I'm from Detroit you should see how they drive. My cousin works at a dollar store he deals with these people all the time. Last week a woman came in and asked to use the bathroom. He told her it was for employees only. She pulled her pants down and pissed in the isle. Then she complained to the manager and started swearing at my cousin. There is no hope for the people of Detroit. We should fence the city off and napalm it.

Wow OMG if your story is true it may mean that discount shopping could bring out some bad behavior in some it would seem.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I have a thought. Who gives a # where the #ing sun goes.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis

I have a thought. Who gives a # where the #ing sun goes.

Um are you ok, bit grouchy today?
We should all know the earth goes around the sun, its just common sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join