It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Prime Minister vote to occur Tuesday!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Phillip can be such a joker sometimes.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

She'd be a good contender too,

No one showed their hand and the weekend is now upon us.

Telstra and ASIO will be hearing some very interesting calls between panicked MP's and powerbrokers this weekend with many a promise being made!

One of those calls will be Turnbull and Bishop, I'd like to think Turnbull will tell Bishop he's running and ask her to be his deputy with a time frame on when she can take over - if they survive.

Bishop would be smart to accept it, the two of them could do good things... Imagine if they managed to get Costello on board as well?!?

But if she refuses and says she's running too, then neither of them will win, Abbott will have the numbers keep his position and they'll be demoted or removed completely and it will be Shorten as PM in 18months time..

To ASIO!
Please pass on this message. Bishop say yes to Turnbull!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Wake up and smell the roses people leading the charge of the media frenzy is Murdoch cable and free to air television and newspaper press,refer to Murdochs comments a few weeks ago I am no great Abbott fan but he is the duly elected prime minister,if he is dumped then the idiot box will now be more important than the ballot box and an ex citizen will be the ultimate power broker.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The spill has been brought forward to Monday, a "Captain's Call" so to speak.

Abbott, while hopeless at being Prime Minister, is REALLY good at shooting himself in the foot.

edit on 8/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

nice one

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Do you think Tony is the kind of guy who would throw a tanty about losing top job? Do you think he would have the audacity to call a DD if he was about to lose the top job?

I think tomorrow might be more interesting than some are expecting.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

I really hope he goes down kicking and screaming, I shall be laughing my ass off at him.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

No kicking and screaming

'Chastened' Abbott concedes he could lose spill motion vote
abc.net.au...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Well thats no fun now is it?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
As expected, Tony retains the PM's job.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

well that sucks dead dingoes balls.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
Do you think Tony is the kind of guy who would throw a tanty about losing top job? Do you think he would have the audacity to call a DD if he was about to lose the top job?

I think tomorrow might be more interesting than some are expecting.

Wrong again!! I really have a great record with trying to predict this government :/

Just can not stand to use facebook today, so many more trolls of every persuasion.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Nah. He the spill was defeated 61-39, and while that may look like a comfortable lead it actually means that Abbott has lost the confidence of 40% of his party (all backbenchers).

This isn't over by a long shot. Give it a few more month (perhaps less) and it'll all be on again, except this time Tones will be thrown out and Turnbull will take his place.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Nah. He the spill was defeated 61-39, and while that may look like a comfortable lead it actually means that Abbott has lost the confidence of 40% of his party (all backbenchers).

This isn't over by a long shot. Give it a few more month (perhaps less) and it'll all be on again, except this time Tones will be thrown out and Turnbull will take his place.

If 1991 was anything to go by (Hawke/Keeting), then we will see a successful spill in 3 months; I know I have had # luck trying to predict this government but I honestly think he with take his budgie-smugglers and his small balls and call a DD, just so everyone else in the LNP loses, not just Tones (who I think, he thinks he will win on a DD election)...

The government have to try pass another budget soon; Gough managed to avoid DD in 74, but not 75... Yeah history is only a guide, not an oracle.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join