It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of the DNA on the NYC Subway Matches No Known Organism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here's a related article. The London Underground has it's own species of Mosquito, which had adapted to living from the pools of water containing discarded food and other nutrients:

knowledgenuts.com...

"Even more recently (and worryingly), specimens of this mosquito were found within the New York subway system in 2011, but only after they started infesting houses built on top of the subway lines."

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I knew that stinky persons next to me was Bigfoot.......

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I've heard from various sources that ET comes here just to ride the subways. Seems there's no subways anywhere else in the known universe. Go figure...

OTOH, looks like a business opportunity to me...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Everyone who rides the subways knows it is the CHUD.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I think it means fifty percent of the organisms were bacterial, whose genes haven't been sequenced yet.

Requoting for visibility lol.

Second line.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
So when necessary dna testing can go from being a near absolute to being widely flawed.

How convienent to ignore the truth that we are animals in human shell.

There is a reason people often resemble animals.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Can you say something long and stiff that women like?? Starts with a D and ends with a g

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Monkron

Diamond in an emerald cut setting.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
My gosh ...please tell me tax payers didn't pay to black light the subways for mystery fluids?

I hope not, imagine all the hazard pay and PTSD care required for the poor souls who completed the testing....ick

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The long term clumping of human skin cells mixed with random DNA brought in by travelers will soon form a new lifeform, the likes of which we cannot even imagine.

& it may decide to use its current birthplace of the subway as its exoskeleton.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
A less misleading title would have been "Half the DNA in the NYC subway system matches known DNA sequences."

Had they mapped all known DNA sequences, and they were categorized and known, and THEN half of what they had found was unidentifiable, well.. then I'd be more worried. ; )

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This is good. We don't need DNA testing to work.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Clicked on here because it's one of the strangest headlines I've seen. I know that those send-away DNA tests probably don't work. What I'm basing it on is a friend of mine had a father who was a lifelong member of an Indian tribe, and so his son said he was a quarter American Indian himself (his dad was half). Then the son's brother (another son, obviously, although who knows if the subway testing has any credibility, he could be anything, a fish of some kind) had his DNA tested and it said there was no Indian DNA, so he said his brother wasn't being truthful. It's a madhouse.

May be your friend's brother had another father.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
I always thought that this is how the NYC subway is,

Oh man I want to star this FOREVER! LMBO!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
decomposed DNA maybe

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
"And the DNA test shows.......You, are NOT the Father...."
Sorry, I just could not resist....

But in all seriousness....eww.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
Reptilians!!!

Or...

OMG my thoughts exactly...you bet me to it!!! hahahahahaha!!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Just saw this thread on recent changes again, and had to come back for a moment to say again that the thread has one of the best titles I've seen on the site. It's like what the narrator would say after saying a horror movie's title in the 1950s.
edit on 7-2-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Some of this isn't surprising at all, i'm sure i've seen at least one Yak and I never even commuted and certainly while no scientist can find one, surely Tazmanian Devil is on bid for dinner somewhere in NY, probably starting at a cool 1,000,000 per plate.

As for the rest, come on... unidentifiable DNA, so what? NY has been letting in all sorts of Aliens for 40 years now so long as they at least "try" to blend in, it's considered one of the best places in the Galaxy to party... No one else does diplomatic immunity like NY.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Want to know something else funny?

In each and everybody's body (particularly the intestine and navel) a simple swipe for bacteria/microbes reveal thousands of totally unknown species...ofcourse genetically linked peoiple have more similarities but its not only affected by family but apparently by mechanics/circumstances we do not understand yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join