It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of the DNA on the NYC Subway Matches No Known Organism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Midnight Meat Train...muwahhahaa!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Cucumber???So,if DNA tests are settled science,most of the passengers on the sunway are cucumbers.What kind of job does a cucumber have?
a reply to: Sunwolf

An investment banker...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
My gosh ...please tell me tax payers didn't pay to black light the subways for mystery fluids?

I suspect the only need for a blacklight would be to find somewhere on the subway free of mystery fluid.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Not really a huge mystery, this is from the source article :

The problem, though, is that our genetic libraries are still incomplete. For example, if I don't know what the DNA sequences of a cockroach look like, how can I know my DNA sequence belongs to a cockroach? That's how why half the DNA found in the project matched no known organism.

Not scary in the slightest.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I think it means fifty percent of the organisms were bacterial, whose genes haven't been sequenced yet.

That doesn't explain the "false" DNA matches with Tasmanian Devils, Himalayan Yaks,etc.

Defense attorneys everywhere just got handed a gold brick on a silver platter.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well who knew...Dennis Rodman does use the subway

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
DNA is less reliable then they say it is. They still haven't mapped it all. When they first started using it as evidence. THey used less than 1/3 of what they do now. Many people freed from prisons as they learned it was not enough and does not match after all. Though it can prove innocence, i doubt it's ability to prove a match beyond a benefit of doubt.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You never know what is going to turn up in those Coney Island hot dogs or McDs burgers.
edit on 5-2-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Initial database searches with subway DNA, for instance, turned up false matches to the Tasmanian devil, the Himalayan yak and the Mediterranean fruit fly—all creatures highly unlikely to be found in a New York transit system.

Half of the DNA on the NYC Subway Matches No Known Organism

I think this is a little funny and a little scary at the same time.

Well, would you really expect to be able to identify ALL of the DNA on a NY subway train...

I think the lesson here is that the science of DNA matching may
suffer if contamination occurs from various vectors, such as
chemical, biological, and even strong magnetic fields put off
by the 3rd rail, etc etc...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Nothing, and I repeat, nothing is impossible to be found in the New York subway. *shudders* that being said, I need to board the L with my yak.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I think it means fifty percent of the organisms were bacterial, whose genes haven't been sequenced yet.

That doesn't explain the "false" DNA matches with Tasmanian Devils, Himalayan Yaks,etc.

But why? Mysterious strangers ambling in the dark, hooded and avoid eye-contact at all costs. They've tasks to perform and many moons to count till the Great Uprising. You can smell their stink, and follow their slime-trail ... reptilians.

I would read the article to find out why they'd test for those things, but nah ... I'd rather let my mind run wild.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
It only confirms what most New Yorkers already knew - half the creatures riding the subways are mutants and/or aliens.
Men In Black, the Will Smith movie, Documentary?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Nice misleading title.

The problem, though, is that our genetic libraries are still incomplete. For example, if I don't know what the DNA sequences of a cockroach look like, how can I know my DNA sequence belongs to a cockroach? That's how why half the DNA found in the project matched no known organism.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

It just means that NYC is filthy. A human/animal stew.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Well it belongs to new yorkers a new a alien species's

On a serous note. My guess all the cleaning fluids and washing has just degraded the DNA left on surfaces.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I always thought that this is how the NYC subway is,

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I was going to post this movie. I don't know there is something very eery about that movie. It's just creepy because you never know. Truth is stranger than fiction. There is a tiny tiny part of my brain and intellect after watching that movie that says hmmm maybe lol.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So, who remembers Men In Black?

LOL!

New York is probably the first city I would absolutely believe has ETs living there

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Unless the aliens are descendants of yaks and Tasmanian Devils.

I've often wondered about my next older brother. He LOOKS like a tasmanian devil, Looney Tunes version, anyway.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

It just means that NYC is filthy. A human/animal stew.

so why do people, especially New Yorkers, love that frank Sinatra song " New York, New York"?......maybe frank never rode the NY subway. plus, if you have ever been in New York during the summer with no breeze, and you have the window down on your car, or are simply walking, the smell is enough to bring a person to their knees

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join