It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #36: The Totalitarian New World Order Starts in The UK, and it's Starting Now!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Also you dont need a TV licence if you have a computer. Its only if you are actively watching live TV programs. You can legally go to the BBC website and watch the iplayer without a TV licence as long as you dont watch the live stuff.

Some TV's dont come with freeview built in , if you have one of these TV's you dont have to get a TV licence.

Personally i dont have a TV, i haven't had one for 10 years now. I watch everything i want to see off the internet. Even if i had a TV with freeview i would refuse to pay for a licence unless they can 100% guarantee that the money wont be going towards the wages of child molesters!

im pretty sure that if Joe did some research into the misunderstood laws surrounding TV licencing he could do an entire episode on it

edit on 5-2-2015 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

good episode
....i noticed today that the swear bell goes off just before you swear...its a conspiracy i tells ya

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I don't have anything to add but wanted to say it was a great episode.
And that whole tv thing is so Orwellian that it's creepy. It's also so obvious that it's insulting.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
TV detector vans were first brought in as a PR stunt to frighten people into getting a TV license. Apparently they are normal vans with a few aerials some fancy decals but nothing inside!

‘Detector vans are a myth,’ the UKIP MEP Gerard Batten, a long-time campaigner against the licence fee, told me this week.

‘Prosecution [for not having a TV licence] depends on the accused being caught in the act of watching live broadcasts, or admitting to it. The non-existent threat of Detector Van evidence is just a means of getting suspects to incriminate themselves.’

Sceptics such as Batten point out there isn’t a single documented case in British legal history in which so-called ‘detection evidence’ from vans has been used to prosecute a licence fee evader.

This was, sheepishly, confirmed by the BBC in 2011 in response to a (hitherto unreported) Freedom of Information request.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... gle-prosecution.html#ixzz3QvqUBKOk

Seems like Sam needs to do a little bit more research

Tv detector vans = extreme BS?

I'm a firm believer that the plans for a NWO are real and have been helping to steer nations for the last 60 years

So it doesn't matter that the TV detector vans are fake now. Spy tech is getting more & more powerful, subtle, discreet, and invasive with every passing year. It's only a matter of time before everyone in !st world countries will be under surveillance of one kind or another all the time. It will be worse than anything Orwell imagined.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Actually, I need to somewhat disagree about the TV detectors being fake, or not working.

I'm a former Ham Radio guy, from long ago. I built some of my own equipment before I could afford the good stuff, from transmitters to antennas.

Part of the "fun" of all of it were the various things the Ham clubs would do. Rabbit hunting was the process of sending someone into parts unknown with a transmitted he'd use once every 1 minute, for 5 seconds. We experimented with all kinds of antennas to find the rabbit.

We discovered that we'd often get odd "otherworldly" noise once in a while during rabbit hunts in the 5 meter band. When experimenting with a new antenna at a friend's house, we suddenly heard it. So we used the antenna to track it down. It was his mom watching TV on a big-old tube set (actual vacuum tubes for the circuitry, not solid state). Turn the TV off, noise went away. Turn it on, noise comes back. Turn the antenna away, noise goes away.

Old TV's with vacuum tubes do indeed give off harmonics that can be detected with the right equipment.

Some more recent TV's with CRT tubes give off weaker harmonics. Plasma screens even weaker -- so week you need really expensive equipment to detect.

100% solid state TV's, not much if any.

We also had a former Brit in the club who actually rode in the vans in the 1960's. He said that only about 1 in 5 vans actually had detection equipment, because it was too expensive to outfit every van. When he was in a van without equipment, he'd rely on a list of suspect addresses, park outside, twist the fake antenna around, then knock on the door.

He also said (back in 1975) that the actual detectors worked reasonably well, within about 150 feet. After that, not much to detect.
edit on 6-2-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

We also had a former Brit in the club who actually rode in the vans in the 1960's. He said that only about 1 in 5 vans actually had detection equipment, because it was too expensive to outfit every van. When he was in a van without equipment, he'd rely on a list of suspect addresses, park outside, twist the fake antenna around, then knock on the door.

He also said (back in 1975) that the actual detectors worked reasonably well, within about 150 feet. After that, not much to detect.

Ive yet to come across any other witness telling the same story. But ill keep looking. So far its seems to me that there are more people claiming to have worked at area 51 than in a tv detector van.

The BBC themselves used to claim they could detect at 60 meters.

Edit : i found some

I used to work for TV licencing driving around in the detector van. It was full of fancy looking equipment for show only, NONE OF IT WORKED! They have a database of the houses without licences which they got by selecting streets and looking at who HAS got the licence. The remaining are targeted.

Leaflets will be dropped through those doors advising them to buy a licence as the TV detector van will be in the area in two weeks time. After driving around the area for days on end in a highly visible van with large antennae, leaflets are dropped again through the doors saying they have been picked up by the van and need to buy a licence or face prosecution. Most people pay.

www.bbctvlicence.com...

Posted September 2005 (edited)

Dilzybhoy - I had a mate who drove about all day in a "detector" van. He was employed to drive around the schemes with the van with the big aerial and "TV detector Van" plastered on the side. It had nothing in it apart from his sleeping bag and some clothes ... I'm not making it up. I've seen inside it ... Twas in 2000 I was in this "detector" van.

www.bbctvlicence.com...

Originally Posted by mrblank
can someone clear this up once and for all.could they really track tvs or were they just a bluff to get people to buy tv licenses when they saw a van in their area
Yes they could - but even back when they existed there were only ever a very small number of real ones, most were just dummy vans which scared people in to buying a licence.

Back in the mid 70's I was taken inside one, and shown how it all worked - basically a lot of expensive professional radio and electronics gear, and two VERY highly skilled and qualified engineers to use it.

They were able to pick out individual TV's in the workshop, and tell me which channels they were on - and they were completely right on every one.

But as far as I'm aware there haven't been any for a number of decades now - far too expensive, and not cost effective. Much cheaper to send guys round knocking on doors.
forums.digitalspy.co.uk...

heres a vid of a guy who chased a TV detector van after he spotted it spying on him. The driver of the van breaks many traffic laws trying to get away lol

**lots of swearing**

edit on 6-2-2015 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I have not looked lately, but there is a law if you disturbed one of the kings dear while it is feeding, you can be shot, cutesy king William the first, duke of Normandy, known behind his back as William the bastard, as genetically speaking, he was. that was 900 hundred years ago, in England. (biggest part of what's known as the 'UK')

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Holy Hannibal Lecter that's disconcerting stuff. Serious question though, is there some tip jar site for these? I understand creating these just to get the word out there and that a lot of the trouble with modern media is from the profit motivation, but I'm a big fan of viewer supported content.

Modern monetary policy could likely take a bazillion episodes to cover but it's a proper rabbit hole.
edit on 6-2-2015 by hearows because: to enhance texture

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

And since you can use F#@K and S*^T in the video can we use it on the boards? Not that I really want to, it isn't very classy.

That gets explained after every video it seems.

You can use it in videos they are not like letters on the boards. You have a choice.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: HotLoad
a reply to: TechUnique

Well excuse me for making a comment on an open forum......

You just joined, but based on what I'm reading you'll fit in just fine with a few of the folks here. Post a comment that is a dig at somebody, get asked what your beef is, complain more while acting as though it's fine for you to be insulting without repercussions.

Welcome to ATS.

My comment was self explanatory. The only reason I got these questions was because that poster got angry himself because my comment was not in line with his perception ofthe status quo.

Do you feel I shouldn't be allowed to post my opinion? You even imply that there should be repercussions for posting my opinion.

I should not feel obliged to answer questions about my perceived emotional state.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This has been happening in The Netherlands for years already, it looks like the UK is well behind on things.

TV licences now are being paid from "normal" taxes, but people being stopped from leaving the country because of outstanding bills has been going on for years now.

There are people who`s social benefits get stopped because the water companies notify it when someone hasn`t used water during a certain period, and so they probably have been away for too long.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: HotLoad

Was no anger. Was merely wondering why you made such a brash comment with nothing to back it up. Usually when someone slates something or reviews something they can at least elaborate on their point.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I would definitely agree that at least some of them work. In my hometown, every time I changed my address, it would seem the T.V licensing people would know where I was before anyone else did. Way before I was even getting letters from anyone else I'd get a letter from the TV licensing people. It was as if they were stalking me, I was puzzled at how they could find me so quick and recognize that it was me at these addresses.

Then I realized, it was when I was moving between youth hostels that they caught me so quickly. These hostels are renowned for just letting anyone 'official' walk around their buildings willy nilly, whether that be tax people, t.v licensing people, debt collectors or high court bailiffs.

In places like London it is quite obvious that they are going on more than just a database and can 'locate you physically'. It's not as if the technology is some sort of pipe dream, and of course, it would suit them for you to be unsure about whether they work or not. Regardless of this even the ones that don't work are effective means of confusing the issue even further, an issue that is already confusing as #.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

15b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums on the Websites, and will neither Post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

According to the T&C it is not allowed to post any content that contains profanity, or links to sites that contain profanity.

Even the name of the OP and the show is against the rules because it is an alternative spelling of a profane word.

I see SO getting angry at people who ask about this, but the rules clearly say it is not allowed.

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

I don't think the OP has given a reasonable description of the content, because no conclusions were posted and those unable to watch video are being excluded from discussion.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

My post was self explanatory.

I've seen people post it was a good show. Why don't you go harass them asking them to back up their point of why it was a good show.

I get it, you only do this when someone's opinion goes against your perception of the status quo.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I would definitely agree that at least some of them work. In my hometown, every time I changed my address, it would seem the T.V licensing people would know where I was before anyone else did. Way before I was even getting letters from anyone else I'd get a letter from the TV licensing people. It was as if they were stalking me, I was puzzled at how they could find me so quick and recognize that it was me at these addresses.

You think they work based on the feeling that they must be stalking you personally?

They use a very well maintained database of where everyone lives collated from many different sources. The rest is just scare tactics.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: yuppa

Actually, I believe the concept of modern merchant/commercial banking began in Italy.

Fractional reserve banking was the logical evolution of that, and indeed, the Goldsmiths of London can be thanked for it.
I know I should use multiple lines here....but one word

ROTHCHILDS

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: HotLoad

I am not angry. Not even close. I am a little surprised that this is episode #36 and there are people who just now seem to think they are the first ones to have a brilliant epiphany about the language in the videos.

It's fine I am sure SkepticOverlord has a prepared reply for those who think it against T&C by now. Simply copy and paste from previous episodes should work.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

A sterling job as ever Joe, well done.

A couple of points on TV Licensing.

First, the TV License money does indeed go to the BBC. The BBC use it to purchase things like broadcast rights for sporting events, the time of actors, actresses, directors, producers, and writers and that sort of stuff. This is how they get funding to make shows like Doctor Who, Sherlock, and other dramatic productions, not to mention the news, and the documentaries for which the BBC has long be famous.

There has been broadcast receiving licensing in this country since 1904, which in those times covered radio receiving gear and ownership thereof, and when television started being taken up across the nation, they extended the licensing to that as well, on the same basis. When colour television began in the sixties, an increased fee was required for the receipt of colour transmissions. Since then, the prices have risen, but they have not always tracked with inflation, which has meant a net loss to the BBC in terms of the value they get from the license.

I would agree with Sam that there is something wrong with people going to jail for failing to pay ANY bill. Debt should NEVER mean incarceration. But the license itself is fair in my opinion. The way it is enforced is bogus, the level of privacy interference involved, the potential jail time...

Now, as to the idea that one cannot leave ones country if one has debts to pay... That is a troubling factor indeed. I holiday in the UK, when I can afford to have a break at all, and usually I go to a rock festival. But for many people, a short time in the sun on a foreign shore is as necessary as breathing in and out. It provides rest, and allows people to take stock, calm down, and see ways past their troubles that might not have been obvious whilst stuck in Blighty. I hate being hot, sunshine, and all that malarkey, so a foreign holiday has no value to me, but that does not mean that I do not understand the importance of such things to others. One might also say that of all the people in Britain, it is those who are in debt who are most in need of some sort of relaxing getaway.

Frankly I find all this unsettling in the extreme.

However, I really think that some of the conclusions drawn by Sam are a little skewed, especially where his attitude toward TV licensing is concerned. I would rather pay that, than pay a phone bill.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I didn't say you were angry. Not even close.

Repeating the same line does not make the rules outlined in the T&C go away.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join