It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random Beauty ...or... The Chaotic beauty of street performers. (Vids)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I am a lover of music. I am sure most of you all have a Band or Musical genre that you hold highest above all. I do as well have some bands or musical genres I adore, BUT in my humble opinion for me its the random beauty of a street performer that really touches my soul.

ex 1. Natalie Trayling, from Melbourne, a BEAUTIFUL Classical pianist. This is a piece she composed. I see the video title says she is homeless which is untrue. She has a place to live and I guess chooses to live as a wander from time to time. Just a beautiful soul in this woman.

ex.2 Juzzie Smith juzziesmith.com Juzzie is the perfect example of a one man band and so so good at pulling it off. Just love the way his words and rhythms flow..

ex.3 Too Many ZooZ from NYC..Subway marching band funk @ its best! What a great way to keep people moving along with a "kick" in their step!

ex.4 Henri Herbert, a keyboard player with the Jim Jones Revue gave an impromptu performance on a public piano. Really great and funny to watch some of the reactions or UN-reactions.

SO ATS what are some of your favorite street performers/performances? I'd love the see them!

edit on 2/5/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Nice selection - love listening to that sort of stuff

S&F

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Fantastic!!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

WoW! You weren't kidding. I really like the angle from the road as well.. lol Thanks for posting.

edit on 2/6/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DjembeJedi

WoW! You weren't kidding. I really like the angle from the road as well.. lol Thanks for posting.

Thanks for starting this thread s&f...Brings back memories of my busking days, living in my truck, playing dobro and harp and trying to mimic Lightin Hopkins vocal style. So contrived but that's how I interpreted the blues at that time.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 6-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I LOVE the second Vid with the Django Reinhardt groove..LOVE that Gypsy swing! I have played music to survive but not in a "Busking" type scenario. Just ol'school dive bar gigs.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I LOVE the second Vid with the Django Reinhardt groove..LOVE that Gypsy swing! I have played music to survive but not in a "Busking" type scenario. Just ol'school dive bar gigs.

Thanks for the inspiration!!! I just put a fresh set of flatwounds on the dobro and plan of busking this Saturday nite for an hour or so down at a touristy spot in Old Town; just to see if my music has any appeal left. Might put a song or two up on utube. I too backed up a singer songwriter in the bars on upright bass. Fun times!!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Thanks for the inspiration!!! I just put a fresh set of flatwounds on the dobro and plan of busking this Saturday nite for an hour or so down at a touristy spot in Old Town; just to see if my music has any appeal left. Might put a song or two up on utube. I too backed up a singer songwriter in the bars on upright bass. Fun times!!

Ha NICE! Id LOVE to see/hear ya!

top topics

join