It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom faces arrest for abandonment if she refuses to pick up 12 yr old who needs 24 hour care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I've mentioned this in other boards or posts in the pasts. States DO NOT like to prove help for mentally ill children, or children transitioning to adults. Even when the help is there, they do not like providing it.

Incredibly violent child needs 24 hour home care

Kimberlyn Williams feels unsafe in her own home because of her 12-year-old son.

She says he’s so dangerous that she is prepared to face jail time to keep him out of the house, to not only protect herself, but her two younger children.

“I have been hit, bit, kicked,” she says. “He has threatened to stab children at school, to kill them. He has these outbursts.”

“When I went in, I found him exposing himself to her and trying to coerce her to touch him,” Williams says.

“It`s not a case of us not trying to get him help,” she says. “This is not an isolated incident. It’s been a gauntlet of doctors and medications and diagnoses.”

Williams says Child Protective Services told her if she refuses to take him, her son would be placed in a 24-hour supervision residential facility — something she’s wanted all along. She says it would take police arresting her to get her wish.

“I want something to get done,” Williams says. “I don`t want it to be you take this one and you risk your other children’s health and safety or you go to jail. There has to be a better way.”

As a parent of an autistic child was at one time, incredibly violent because her father left and she felt, if she beat the living dickens out of me, daddy would come home and we'd be a family again, I have BEEN there! But I could get NO help! I was told I didn't need child protective services, I needed Adult protective services. Her meds were whack, the wait list for a psychiatrist was a YEAR, every time she needed meds we had to go to the ER, if we weren't at the ER, we were at the psych ward, or at the jail because THAT'S what the state thinks helps these kids. They honestly think it will "teach little Johnny a lesson". What they don't realize is little Johnny doesn't have the brain capacity you and I have. Half of them it is like toddlers in the corner. You put a toddler in the corner, within a minute, they forget why they are there. What lesson have they learned? Ask a majority a court psychiatrists and they will agree with me. How do you think my daughter got out of jail and got her charges dropped. (BTW, the state can refile at any time, if she ever were to understand at a later date, which obviously is never going to happen.) Yes, it's in her paperwork. You put little Johnny in jail for two weeks, within 45 minutes, little Johnny is trying to understand why they are there, The next day they are trying to understand why they can't come home. Now try and understand a 30 day lock down psych stay.

Obviously not all kids brains are the same, but a good number of these kids are. I hope this mom gets the help she needs without having to go to jail to do.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
12 years old trying to molest his 4 year old sister...

He's more than just "a violent kid"...

Children are locked up and sectioned for much less than that...

Neither James City County Police nor CPS will comment.

Sounds about right doesn't it.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
12 years old trying to molest his 4 year old sister...

He's more than just "a violent kid"...

Children are locked up and sectioned for much less than that...

Neither James City County Police nor CPS will comment.

Sounds about right doesn't it.

I quite agree, but try getting the state to get this mother the help she so obviously needs. But if this boy molested his sister while in her care, then once again, BLAME MOM! And yes, this is the states mentality. it's YOUR fault. Not ours. We haves funds to help you. We have some beds to help you. We are going to close these beds and say too bad, so sad, you're SOL. Good luck getting help now. I seriously had a psych doc in the ER tell me if my daughter wanted MacD's for breakfast, lunch and dinner, then if I wanted to stop getting hit, go get her the dang food! Well are you going to pay for it? My daughter was crying for her father's attention because he refused to call her since he was ticked at me. He decided to be a grown up and put her in the middle and take it out on her, leaving her to not know why daddy wouldn't call. (Oh, and that was my fault too. I was in NC and supposed to force a grown man in PA to call his kid. SMDH! The states are seriously whacked with these kids!) I had my daughter beat the snot out of me IN FRONT of the doctor AT THE HOSPTAL! You'll love what he did. Told me to call 911 from the parking lot, have the cops bring her BACK in to the ER where he'll readmit her.

Thankfully not all kids are as bad as this one in the OP, but I am NOT the only parent who has faced this craptastic system, and I highly doubt I will be the last.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

This woman needs a lawyer. There has to be a legal way to turn over custody of a child to the state. After all, that's one way children end up being put up for adoption and placed in foster homes. Barring that, I don't blame her a bit for opting for arrest. She's in survival mode and doing that which she needs to do.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

This woman needs a lawyer. There has to be a legal way to turn over custody of a child to the state. After all, that's one way children end up being put up for adoption and placed in foster homes. Barring that, I don't blame her a bit for opting for arrest. She's in survival mode and doing that which she needs to do.

Remember all the stories a few years back of parents dropping off their 11 yr old kids and whatnot at "Safe Haven" places and saying essentially, "Here you take him!" Heck, play that game. Pick him up, them drop him off at the local fire department. Here, he's yours now! If ever there was a case that CRIED for this, it's THIS one! Play the state at their own game.
edit on 2/5/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Vaccines?, GMO's?, Flouride?,
All of the Above?

I hope this poor woman gets all the help she needs.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1970
Vaccines?, GMO's?, Flouride?,
All of the Above?

I hope this poor woman gets all the help she needs.

It might not be autism. It might be a good old fashion case of mental illness. They didn't state in the article what the child has. For example, my daughter has autism from brain damage and birth defects from being born missing part of her brain. Nothing to do with vaccine what so ever. Parts of her brain never formed in the womb. That's all there is to it in my daughter's case, and yes, violent tendencies go with it because of the brain damage.

Edit to add, she used to be as bad as this kid due to no contact with her father and her meds being off. Now with a better relationship with her father, being in a group home an hour and a half away, and her meds being on track, she's doing so much better she comes home on the weekends with no issue, and we are now working on a 5-10 yr goal of trying to bring her back home, but one day at a time.
edit on 2/5/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

It will probably take this child hurting someone before anything is done. Hopefully she can find some who will listen and help before that happens.

Maybe a pschiatric evaluation for DHS purposes is what needs to happen. Problem is... this could very well come back to bite the parents due to "accusations" by the ill child.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Hold on just a minute. This woman and some random dude of her choosing voluntarily copulated and produced this monster. Why is it the responsibility of "The State" to relieve HER of all responsibility of taking care of it, regardless of behavior? Is that how it works? Have children and only keep the ones you like?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Hold on just a minute. This woman and some random dude of her choosing voluntarily copulated and produced this monster. Why is it the responsibility of "The State" to relieve HER of all responsibility of taking care of it, regardless of behavior? Is that how it works? Have children and only keep the ones you like?

So you would rather her take the child back into her home, to physically assault her, her other children, sexually assault her other children. HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND??? Because you do know if that occurs then the state comes in and removes her other children from her care for allowing her son to assault her other kids, right?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

She could always take responsibility by killing him. A little cyanide in his cereal, perhaps? Oh yeah, then they would execute her for taking responsibility. She can't win.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

She could always take responsibility by killing him. A little cyanide in his cereal, perhaps? Oh yeah, then they would execute her for taking responsibility. She can't win.

How dare she ask the state for help though, it's her own dang fault for laying on her back. As I said in above posts. It ALL comes back to mom. Not dad. MOM! Not medications the kid might be on. MOM! Not brain chemistry. MOM! T&C T&C T&C T&C....... Ummm, I have to go breath now if I want to stay in good standing on this site.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: kaylaluv

How dare she ask the state for help though, it's her own dang fault for laying on her back. As I said in above posts. It ALL comes back to mom. Not dad. MOM! Not medications the kid might be on. MOM! Not brain chemistry. MOM! T&C T&C T&C T&C....... Ummm, I have to go breath now if I want to stay in good standing on this site.

I'm with you on this. The parent who attempted to care for him, rather than the parent who bailed, is being blamed. However, I seriously doubt that a lawyer has told her she will be held legally responsible if she turns him over to the state. If she pushes him out of a car on freeway, of course.

top topics

join