It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordanian Pilot Accidentally Shot Down By Own Wingman-CBS NEWS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It seems that cowardly death cult ISIS wasn't able to down the heroic Jordanian fighter pilot. CBS news just reported that the pilot's wingman may have accidently released weapons fire, downing the jet as the pilot ejected.

This is sad and just a shame.

However, I just want to point out that the scumbags of ISIS didn't have the strength and power to bring this man down. Like the bottom feeders they are, they just capitalized on the unfortunate incident and through deception tried to portray it as a sign of strength.

Maybe with this knowledge some of the yellow bellies in the U.A.E. that have decided to cower in fear of ISIS can find the testicular fortitude to get up off their knees.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Poor Wingman will have that "guilt" on his mind forever...

Didn't think this story could get any sadder.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

And what did he say?

"Oops"?

I don't see how one fires a missile or the cannon by accident. A jet doesn't even fly in the firing line of his wingman.

So the guy was really thrown directly into ISIS' hands then.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
It seems that cowardly death cult ISIS wasn't able to down the heroic Jordanian fighter pilot. CBS news just reported that the pilot's wingman may have accidently released weapons fire, downing the jet as the pilot ejected.

This is sad and just a shame.

However, I just want to point out that the scumbags of ISIS didn't have the strength and power to bring this man down. Like the bottom feeders they are, they just capitalized on the unfortunate incident and through deception tried to portray it as a sign of strength.

Maybe with this knowledge some of the yellow bellies in the U.A.E. that have decided to cower in fear of ISIS can find the testicular fortitude to get up off their knees.
No reason to doubt this, but, do you have a link?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye
No,sorry it was on the CBS news at 6:30 this evening I'm sure a simple google source will turn up something in a few hours.

It was during a raid on ISIS when the pilot was caught in the fire of his wingman bringing the plane down.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

So Jordan is fighting ISIS and not creators and backers of ISIS

Hmm..

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
here is the article.. not much and no source.. only one sentence - perhaps they gave more info in the video?

U.S. officials say the executed Jordanian pilot may have been accidentally shot down by his own wingman. Charlie D'Agata reports.

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 6-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
this seems to have been the Jordanian and U.S. declaration from the get go, well not the part about the wingman shooting him down the part where isis didn't do it . here is a CNN article back from Jan 5, that makes only a small mention of it. that's just after when it is thought that they actually killed him.

The Jordanian government and U.S. Central Command described the incident as an aircraft crash and adamantly stated that it was not shot down by ISIS.
Jordanian pilot shown in ISIS' propaganda magazine

and one from time back on Christmas Eve.

“A Jordanian F-16 aircraft crashed in the vicinity of the northern Syrian city of Ar-Raqqah on Wednesday and the pilot has been taken captive by ISIL forces,” U.S. Central Command said several hours after the plane went down. “Evidence clearly indicates that [ISIS] did not down the aircraft as the terrorist organization is claiming.”
Jordanian Pilot Captured by ISIS Militants

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PizzaAnyday505

So Jordan is fighting ISIS and not creators and backers of ISIS

Hmm..

Please site credible sources for your theory.

I keep seeing this line of accusation in various ISIS related threads but not one single source.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I doubt you would care about my sources no matter how good they are

If you cared you would already know how Syrian rebels went from nothing to something to big to ISIS

And who funded and still funds "Syrian Rebels" is well known and reported even by CNN FOX BBC
edit on 6-2-2015 by PizzaAnyday505 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

There are several different rebel groups in and around Syria, not just ISIS.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
There are several different rebel groups in and around Syria, not just ISIS.

And all of them supported by western war machine

Including ISIS

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: HotLoad

The only F-15 shot down by another aircraft was accidentally shot down by his wingman on a training flight. During Desert Storm a B-52 suffered aft fuselage damage when an F-4G Wild Weasel accidentally fired a missile at it. An F-15 in Alaska suffered significant damage to one engine and tail when his wingman accidentally fired a missile during a training flight.

Those are just three off the top of my head.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
A reply to zap... Don't know how to do that from a Google nexus tablet on this site yet haha

The F-11 Tiger is noted for being the first jet aircraft to shoot itself down.[3] On 21 September 1956, during a test-firing of its 20 mm (.79 in) cannons, pilot Tom Attridge fired two bursts midway through a shallow dive. As the velocity andtrajectory of the cannon rounds decayed, they ultimately crossed paths with the Tiger as it continued its descent, disabling it and forcing Attridge to crash-land the aircraft; he survived.[4][5]
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Can't forget the tiger what done shot him self down!

new topics

top topics

join