It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hilarious Florida v Texas Showdown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: lynxpilot

Are you from Texas by any chance?

,,,,,tippy toes out of room.

I wasn't the least bit offended. Like I said I'm not from Texas. I just think certain venues need protocol and professionalism. Loved your first comment. No need to edit.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

That is hilarious! The dude has some balls.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lynxpilot

Thanks! I've po'd my quota of people for the day. Wanted to make sure.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yes because governments made up of humans are never unprofessional. Check out the umbrellas in this one...LOL!

Now this vid has to be the worse one I've ever seen! hehe. Isn't it shocking? And we always think of them as soooo polite! Seems like Parliament is the only place they really get a free pass to let their hair down! No wonder they run for office! (Yes, sometimes I watch those vids just for fun, haven't seen this one though, thanks!)

Those umbrellas! They were prepared!

eta: .. and that smoke bomb! If that happened here in Congress, they would have been scrambling fighter jets!
edit on 2/5/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: neo96

Silly me I thought it was one of the jobs of congressman to build bridges between each other not set them on fire.

No. Instead of all of the behind the back, in secret, political games, we need more honest people just like this. Tell it like it is. I appreciate honesty. Apparently you don't?

HEre is something i heard.If everyone told the truth all th e time there would be alot more dead people.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
That's freaking hilarious! I needed that laugh tonight.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Not politically correct enough?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: neo96

Silly me I thought it was one of the jobs of congressman to build bridges between each other not set them on fire.

No. Instead of all of the behind the back, in secret, political games, we need more honest people just like this. Tell it like it is. I appreciate honesty. Apparently you don't?

HEre is something i heard.If everyone told the truth all th e time there would be alot more dead people.

Well that's true, and don't think I don't lie when my wife says do these pants make me look fat?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
I hope this video stays up because it's the best laugh I've had all year.

I think love Alcee Hastings.

We need way, way more of this in Congress.

I think this made my year. LOL Not my day/week/month. My YEAR! Can we do a reality show of just CSPAN hearings of these two only? I would seriously watch this! Jon Stewart can provide commentary. LOL

And for finding this???

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

It actually made me think of some vids I have seen of the English Parliament going at it!
Those guys are downright scrappy! I was shocked..........

I Guess we should be thankful we are like some Parliaments overseas when it turns into fisticuffs. We just use words.

I guess give us time though.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Second video reminded me of the first world war trenches, I don't know why, but anyway, a damned good laugh, the British parliament is quite hysterical at times as well. But no fisticuffs.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm from Texas and I laughed my ass off.
F#'em if they can't take a joke. The best humor usually offends somebody.
That being said, my state's panhandle is bigger than yours.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Yeah the best humor usually does offend someone somewhere all the time. Think how the funniness here could have been even funnier if the dude from Texas just tossed it back at that other crazy state (what they kinda did in the full clip, but they used FL laughing at the OK panhandle haha). Hell every state's crazy one way or another.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That was pretty funny to be fair

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Haha the feud appears to still be going. Hastings making fun of a dildo law. People cancelling trips to Disney World.

Hastings called Texas a "crazy state" during a committee hearing on the Affordable Care Act on Monday, causing Rep. Michael Burgess (R-Texas), to demand an apology. It also led to a memorable segment on "The Daily Show" pitting their two states against one another.

But to many Texans, the insult is no laughing matter. Hastings told CNN of one Texas family that canceled a trip to Walt Disney World in Orlando because of what he said about their state.

"I love Texans, but I do not like their policy makers who are in the majority," Hastings said. "The simple fact of the matter is, evidently, I touched a nerve deep in the heart of Texas. And I would ask them to tie a yellow rose around it and do like 'Frozen' and 'Let It Go.'"

But Hastings didn't just mess with Texas. He also took a shot at his own state.

"Consider the fact that I am a native Floridian and that I dislike it," he told CNN. "I have cautioned about living in Florida and when I retire I'm not so sure I'm going to stay there." [Source]

LOL@Let It Gooooooooooooooooo This guy Hastings is just plain funny.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Heh. I saw this on the daily show the other day. It is pretty funny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join