It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Arming Ukraine could be a dangerous escalation......

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Way to leave out the important part.

75 personnel stationed in west Ukraine who will be training Ukrainians.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutraldave

The start of the proxy war.
The UK would not have done it with out the USA go ahead.
So expect arming soon.

Then sit back and watch the escalation.

Don't think you know the British very well they don't ask permission.They just jump in been doing it for hundreds of years sort of there thing. SO What THE UK does has little effect on Obama but I do think it's going to spark Merkel into doing something similar.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I am British

And allies do not just go off doing things randomly.
They form a strategy together then act.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yes the USA probably sorted this out. Looks good one of their poodles acting unilaterally.

a reply to: neutraldave

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Way to leave out the important part.

75 personnel stationed in west Ukraine who will be training Ukrainians.

75 British troops getting involved in somebody elses business. Knowledge not weapons they say, but it's gonna piss off the Russians. Our stupid government can't stay out of the affairs of others. I really would not blame Russia if it sends 75 troops to Ireland to train them into trying to regain Ulster from the minority there.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Word has it today that UAE will be selling arms to Ukraine. Since UA has no money, I can only assume that it's a deal pre-arranged between the United States and UAE. It's a way for the US to arm Ukraine via proxy, and be able to deny it, much like how Putin has denied arming the rebels. Eye for an eye I guess. It's also a way to allow the US to covertly arm Ukraine, since Ukraine will already be using American weapons provided by the UAE.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-2-2015 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JonStone
Word has it today that UAE will be selling arms to Ukraine. Since UA has no money, I can only assume that it's a deal pre-arranged between the United States and UAE. It's a way for the US to arm Ukraine via proxy, and be able to deny it, much like how Putin has denied arming the rebels. Eye for an eye I guess. It's also a way to allow the US to covertly arm Ukraine, since Ukraine will already be using American weapons provided by the UAE.

www.youtube.com...

It will be tech that the UAE wants like jet engines and rockets something Ukraine is good at also not good for middle east security. One of the things announced was export orders to the UAE. Meaning there buying stuff from Ukraine As well. Currently the US is locked in a battle some say arm Ukraine even though they won't win just to up the cost of the conflict. Others think if they admit they can't win what's the point. Not sure which group will win.
edit on 2/24/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I wondered what Ukraine had that the UAE could find worthy of high tech weapons, I didn't think about rocket technology which Ukraine not only has, but it can also build for them in mass. I wonder how long it'll be before we start seeing these weapons in ukraine. No doubt, many of if not all of the arms will be American, which will make arming ukraine secretly in the future much easier. If America was to just start supplying Ukraine right now, America weapons would stand out like a sore thumb.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

In other words, WW3 approach has taken another step. UAE supplying weapons to Ukraine to be used against Russian (disguised) soldiers and trained volunteers..............Russia had said few weeks ago to US that supplying weapons to Ukraine would be an act of war.

This WARNING was said to US, the mighty and strongest military force. So who is UAE? not even 1/100th of the US. Russia will dispatch some of its allies like Syrian Assad, Iran, Hizbulloh etc. to tangle UAE into a web where by they will never again try to sell weapons into a war theater.

This escalation via entry of an indirect party into Ukraine crisis is serious matter of war spreading around.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Assad has his own problems, can't even handle what's going on in his own country. Others are tied up with ISIS. Iran might be able to help, if willing. UAE sells to many of russia's enemies. We'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

Only thing it takes is a platoon of "hardcores" most probably from Hizbulloh's suicide cadre and UAE will regret the decision.

UAE, Saudi and Qatar refused to curtail the oil production when oversupply was causing prices to go down. Such demeanor is asking for "hard spanking" from Iran, Russia and others in the same group.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You could be right, but they're obviously not afraid to supply ukraine. They got some type of security assurance from somewhere.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Possible that UAE has some treaty or pact with US or western powers. Hence out in open attack cannot take place. In that scenario covert magic by Hizbulloh is more logical.

Putin and allies will also surely respond by arming the anti western elements.

This mess is now spreading which is not good at all.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Makes no difference if they get weapons, without a willing hand and heart i say go ahead
The people of Ukraine do not want to fight the Russian's
Given time their government will hear them loud and clear.
edit on 24-2-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

In other words, WW3 approach has taken another step. UAE supplying weapons to Ukraine to be used against Russian (disguised) soldiers and trained volunteers..............Russia had said few weeks ago to US that supplying weapons to Ukraine would be an act of war.

This WARNING was said to US, the mighty and strongest military force. So who is UAE? not even 1/100th of the US. Russia will dispatch some of its allies like Syrian Assad, Iran, Hizbulloh etc. to tangle UAE into a web where by they will never again try to sell weapons into a war theater.

This escalation via entry of an indirect party into Ukraine crisis is serious matter of war spreading around.

Your clueless aren't you first the UAE has contracts with Syria hizbulla Etc. They are a major arms dealer in the middle east. Even have deals with saudi Arabia Iran Egypt. They are a major supplier of illicit international arms they'll get you a Russian mig if you pay them enough. They are where people go to buy weapons when countries like the US or Russia black list you. To the UAE Ukraine is direct access to Russian tech of course there going to play ball. Let's just say there is a reason 5 hat international arms expos are held there.
edit on 2/24/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

They seem pretty willing to me. Much of the troops to be trained by the US/UK next month are volunteers. As long as they have volunteers, then they have an army. Not to mention that the UA President has already threatened Martial law, this would make it mandatory.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Makes sense. Yes, when the middle east at war with each other, seems the provider of weapons would be everybody's friend. I could see UAE being interested in much of Russia's technology, which Ukraine happens to have much of. Even though Ukraine's military is outdated in itself, up until recent, UA still manufactured many of Russia's rockets and weapons for Russia.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Porshenko's forces are defecting or deserting en masse, 20,000 alone in Dombass.
Hence the need for foreign operatives
www.kyivpost.com...

edit on 24-2-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Must not be too bad yet, so far Kyiv is not asking for troops, they're asking for weapons. Since US/UK are sending trainers, they are obviously troops to train.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Not nearly as many as are defecting or deserting their posts,20,000 alone in Dombass.
Hence the need for foreign operatives
www.kyivpost.com...

Ukraine going to them makes sense you need a supplier. But what is unusual is Ukraine is sending a message here to the west. There saying they will get what they need off the open market if they have to. Normally when a country by arms through the UAE it's a secret. Like gurantee Cuba buys stuff there but when people do its usually kept quiet. They went public with this for a reason. Im guessing either moral in Ukraine or the jab at the west.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join