It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will love fall in your lap?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I waited ten years after the perfect relationship. I tried ten years after the perfect relationship.

Love won't fall in your lap if your looking for it. Just my opinion.

I'm off to focus on work now. No love in my life, but not worrying about it.

I guess it's similar to having to take ten years to get over a woman...or exactly like that

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

Actually it tends to fall in your lap when you're not looking for it... even when you least expect it

Though there is no such thing as a perfect relationship... all of them need work

And both parties of said relationship must contribute to the cause

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well, in a way it should.
But I've always seen 'love' in a romantic way as being a fabrication of hollywood and books.
I love a few of my friends. I love my family, and I love my girlfriend.

But love is a word thrown around way to much.

Finding that 'love of your life' is more than just being infatuated with someone it's someone who you can rely on, trust, communicate difficulties in your life with, depend on that person no matter what. That person should be your best friend, and then some. And by 'and then some' I mean the physical attraction, which generally brings two people together.
Sex is pretty much the only thing that separates my best guy friend and my girlfriend, although I spend much more time with my girlfriend so I have become way closer to her, plus all that chemical stuff going on due to us being humans.
But you know what I mean.

As the old saying goes, just be you and get out there and make friends, you never know when that special someone will enter your life. My girlfriend and I had no intentions at first when we met on dating. Four years after that first initial meeting we are now together for 3 years, and she is literally my best friend.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Nothing falls in your lap Brother.
You have to get out there and find it.

That applies to everything in life.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
When I was younger looking for that one true love I never found it. Only when I gave up looking and just started living did I unexpectedly find my soulmate.
Actually she found me. Now I'm truly happy with her.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Eh I went 24 years without a true relationship. Finally have a good one.

I won't say things fall in your lap, but if you put effort, it'll make it easier to find it.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You don't want love to fall in your lap.

They are usually strippers and I wouldn't recommend dating those women.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Probably not

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

If it does, can I return it to sender please ???

Will cupid need a receipt ???

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yes the opportunity of love will fall in your lap when you least expect it. However are you ready to work on it when it comes knocking? Or will you be oblivious when its standing right in front of you? These are the questions people should ask themselves IMO. Nothing is easy about love!! But if your ready its worth the effort

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I think that unless one is at the end of ones life, having found the person with whom they have something approaching a symbiotic destiny and loved them for decades, one is probably not qualified to say much about whether it does or does not fall into ones lap.

That said, I am neither of those things, and rather feel like the only things that have been in my lap, probably should never have been there in the first place. That said, hindsight is always twenty/twenty, unless one is in the throws of alcoholic amnesia that is!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
99 problems.....

No offence to women...Im just talking about the bitchy ones!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

You don't want love to fall in your lap.

They are usually strippers and I wouldn't recommend dating those women.

Now hold on there....

Many years I ran in the circles of what might be termed "saloon society" stripper, topless, musicians, bartenders, waitresses, security, whores, wild eyed guitar players, pimps, johns and druggies. Most of the denizens of this world have relinquished any semblance of sanity. But for some odd reason it attracts a a peculiar type of genius to this subculture. Usually strippers with Phds. Educated, funny, hip, well read and sexy. Now that's a hard combination to beat.

alas however most strippers are just stoners with beautiful bodies.

My advise to ChefSlug would be to learn a few chords, go to open mic nites at the coffee shop and "net work". Works for me....
3 chords...A, D and E your ticket amigo, and when that cute little folksinger asks you if you know "wildwood flower" ask her to show you how it goes...and don't worry about looking awkward...they love that.
edit on 5-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I have never met a stripper with a PhD although I have met several people who claim to have met one. I am beginning to think they are just an urban legend like the "Chupacabra" and "Woman Hollering Creek".

I am kind of glad I never met a stripper with a PhD. I am not sure how my young brain would have handled such a combination.
edit on 5-2-2015 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: olaru12

I have never met a stripper with a PhD although I have met several people who claim to have met one. I am beginning to think they are just an urban legend like the "Chupacabra" and "Woman Hollering Creek".

NoT an urban legend, amigo, and neither are "Chupacabras" the goat sucker. Ugly bastards prowling the alleyways of the world. Best keep a talisman of tootsie roll wrappers and sea salt to ward off their advances.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I hear ya.

No, it doesn't fall into your lap!

I've had a few different Gf's since 18... longest lasting 4 years twice, that's 8 years with 2 girls which isn't bad I guess. Others lasting from 3 Months to 2 years.

In between those relationships I've visited Brothels, Massage Parlours & Strip Clubs! I've been frustrated to no end sometimes and just gone and paid for it to get that frustration out!

In my 40's now and it seems every woman I'm interested in is already with someone else.... so I'm just getting on with life... if she comes along... great! If not.... well, I'll just keep visiting those Brothels, Massage Parlours & Strip Clubs!
edit on CSTThu, 05 Feb 2015 18:54:47 -0600u2806x047x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I have to completely agree with Akragon, because I've lived it.

I grew up as a hopeless romantic. Not sure why, probably how I was raised, on top of watching too many sappy romance movies on HBO growing up. lol So I was always looking for love, trying to make things work no matter how much I knew they wouldn't, that sort of thing.

After so many years I got tired of it, and decided to finally stop caring about being alone, and truly be happy with myself. Now I don't mean constantly saying it, but deep inside feeling sad. No, I mean actually believing it. Being honestly happy with just being alive.

A couple of months after I realized I was finally happy, this beautiful young lady came up to me at my job, took my hand, and wrote her phone number on it. Our 5 year anniversary will be on the 8th.

So even though I used to think it was a cheesy thing to say, that love will fall into your lap when you're not looking for it, life has taught me that it's the truth.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Ladies, I only call Ya bitches cause I don't know your names individually!
-Katt Williams

I've always wanted to date a stripper putting herself through med school; fingers crossed.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I have been posting on a local website that has conspiracy subject matter like what gets discussed on here a lot.

A couple of weeks ago a lady on the forum got in tough we with me and said she wanted to meet me and ask me something. The first time in 60 years anyone has ever sought out my counsel, Phew. At last,someone who regarded me as a source of wisdom, experience, knowledge whatever. Did I feel stoked.

Met in a cafa and as soon as I saw the lady I said to myself no thanks. We talked about mutually concerning issues, asked her what she wanted to know from me. Said she just wanted to meet me. Discussed mutual concerns and conspiracies and was glad to go in the end.

I got home from work tonight and my wife of 22 years told me she was leaving. I cant blame her as I don't think I care a great deal for her but I will pay a heavy price for leaving in other ways. Her family are wonderful people and have become my family. They say when you marry the girl you marry the family and I married good.

While bad luck can fall into your lap so can good luck so keep your chin girl, they say there is good in everything if you look at it the right way.

top topics

join