It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Jordanian Pilot that was Murdered. Was the Bravest Man I Have Ever Seen !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:41 PM
I must say, that captured Jordanian Pilot was the bravest man I have ever seen.

My heart goes out to his family and all who loved him.

He bravely stood there while they lit him on fire....Wow

I could not of done this. I would be running all over the cage.

I would be insulting these guys as well as exposing parts of my body with instructions.

I would do the most vile disgusting things as I could think of.

I would like to believe I would of stood there as bravely as this pilot did.

But FIRE ? No Way !
edit on 5-2-2015 by whyamIhere because: Nationallity...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:43 PM
What he went through was barbaric and no one deserves to die like that. I refused to watch the video so I cannot comment on his bravery but he gets my respect nonetheless for the suffering he endured.

I edited this post to prevent thread drift since the OP updated their post.
edit on 5-2-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:45 PM
Jordan he was from.. Non the less, what a hell of a way to die... wouldn't wish that upon my enemies! At the end of the day, that's the risk you take for being in the military .. altho isis is no military.. anti-humanity nut jobs..

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:47 PM
Yes, he was from Jordan.

I should at least get his Country right...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:48 PM
I havent seen the video. I refuse to as I known it would mess with my brain. Thankyou for pointing out how heroic he was in the face of danger and certain death.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:51 PM
a reply to: whyamIhere

I honestly don't know what I would do, it is hard to even imagine yourself in that situation. But one thing is for sure he was one brave human being, he put his life on the line in an attempt to end this evil. RIP

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:06 PM
Why don't the media ever show children dying in the schools, their skin been melted from their bodies after been hit by a bomb by British/Israel/American Military.

Oh wait, yeah, i know this one. Its because they don't want you to know that this barbarism isn't one sided.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:16 PM
Against my better judgement I did watch the execution video. I too noticed his resolve, and it was obvious that he acted in a very formidable manner. I wondered if they possibly drugged him, but I could not believe that a group that is barbaric enough to immolate someone would attempt to ease their pain in any way. I remember thinking that at least the guy passed out after a short time, meaning he did not have to feel the pain any longer. I felt sorry for the guy, considering that he did nothing to deserve death, much less a death so brutal and horrible. He also looked like a nice guy, although the romantic notion of attributing emotional attributes to people based on their physical characteristics is not something to which I really subscribe. I would not be surprised if they started giving cyanide capsules, or whatever they use nowadays, to pilots overflying ISIS territory, on the off-chance their jet is downed. Although I personally am not certain I could take my own life in such a situation, even if I knew the fate that awaited me. What about everyone else?

When Powers' U2 was shot down over the USSR there were many who thought him a traitor because he did not take his own life, as the CIA had provided him with the means. Those people are horrible. It is easy to get an agent to tell you they would commit suicide in such a situation, but I imagine that it would be extremely difficult to go through with. Another example that comes to mind is Paulus in Stalingrad.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:22 PM
a reply to: n00bUK

While I agree with you...

There is a time and a place for your sentiment.

Probably not best placed in a commemorative thread to a Marytr.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:24 PM
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

On the cyanide note...

It's probably not going to happen with Islamic fighters & Armies...

Suicide is a major sin... These people do not put their beliefs aside to fight ISIS...

On the contrary, they bring them to the forefront.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:35 PM
Facing death is no easy in any circumstance, let alone death by immolation. I am reminded of the Vietnamese monks who self immolated in an attempt to bring awareness and by awareness peace to their country. That, however, was their choice.

I refuse to capitulate and watch execution videos. The fewer view these videos receive, the less propaganda these creatures get. These videos should be taken down as they are put up. The goal of terror is to reach out and strike terror into hearts and minds. When these videos are published and viewed, they do just that. I refuse to bow down and take the terror. I refuse to change my life, or to walk in fear of these madmen.

The Jordanian pilot was brave for facing death; he met it on his own terms. He was brave for being part of the fight against this madness. My sympathies to his family, his comrades and his country.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:36 PM
I've seen the film, and not to jump on the whole "fake video" thing, it just amazed me that as the OP here says, the guy just stands still whilst he is on fire. I'm not sure bravery comes into it, i've seen some of the hardest guys on the planet scream the place down when the moment was right. They were as brave as they cme, but pain is pain, and you can only take so much.

Most people including myself hit the roof when they receive the most tiny of burns, but your entire body on fire?

I think it's been the same though when the monks carried out self immolation, they just sat there and burned.

I just find it really hard to understand how someone could stay still through that unless you were too drugged up to feel it or react, or unless it wasn't real.

edit on 5/2/15 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:10 PM
a reply to: whyamIhere

I think you should look up the definition of bravery. To stand and let another do their will to you is not bravery. I was very proud of my girlfriend when we were watching a movie involving hostages about to be executed. She made the comment, why do they just sit there, I would kick, punch, bite, scream or try to run. If you are going to be lit on fire being shot trying to escape seems braver than succumbing to your captors. However if this pilot was actually executed god speed to him and condolences to his a acquaintances and family.

Cheers, Nuts

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:14 PM
a reply to: IronNuts

Pray tell how someone should kick, bite, run, fight or provoke a bullet when they're locked in a cage?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:24 PM
Proof that even when caged, beaten and faced with death, we have a choice.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:28 PM
There are theatrical products which allow the generation of realistic flames through the use of chemicals that oxidize at room temperature. The 1970's comedy series "Fawlty Towers" comedy used this effect:

I really hope this was used in some way rather than him really being killed.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:39 PM

originally posted by: n00bUK
Why don't the media ever show children dying in the schools, their skin been melted from their bodies after been hit by a bomb by British/Israel/American Military.

Oh wait, yeah, i know this one. Its because they don't want you to know that this barbarism isn't one sided.

For the same reason you don't mention that a lot of those tragedies happen because terrorists hide their weapons in schools, hospitals, etc. sand then point a finger when they are destroyed- they have their own agenda to push.

edit on 5-2-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:41 PM
Why was it filmed and edited like a David Blaine program? This reeks of propaganda. Definitely more to this than a simple execution.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:45 PM
a reply to: CallYourBluff

Because it IS propaganda- direct from IS's own propaganda department. These idiots come from all over the world, they are familiar with I-pods, video cameras, and Hollywood style production values.
Many of them left the cozy western countries they were born in to jump at the chance to mutilate, rape, and torture.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:50 PM
Nah, far to organised for a bunch of savages that have only just banded together. They're getting help from elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>