It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hold on there! Does this mean an attack on NYC is expected?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
www.nydailynews.com...

Sensors to sniff out toxins in wind

"The research is considered crucial because mathematical and computer models that forecast the airborne paths of toxins were designed for rural areas, not cities."

Uh-oh Scooby!

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I heard about these things a few months ago I believe. Makes you wonder what may be in the works for NYC again.

Here is an interesting piece. I don't put absolute faith in it though...

Surviving WMD's

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Another attack on NYC? Could be.

But Seatle keeps getting mentioned and put on a high threat. Will lightning strike a third time in NYC?

Perhaps its a feint, get NYC all freaked out and on alert, then strike somewhere else. Chicago and Seattle are both very tempting targets.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
They're putting toxins in the air to try to take out Bloomberg. Raising the token fee to $2.00! Is he crazy???

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
over the last couple of days the CIA has released reports stating that el quiada is prepared and planning on a devastating attack of bio, chem or nuke nature
they should know they trained them

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I know it may sound awful, but I hope things keep getting worse. Maybe, just maybe, We The People might do something about it, instead of rallying against eachother...

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Evil elf creature, I'm sure when you talk about things getting worse you've considered the human suffering of thousands of people having their lungs jellified and their nervous systems burned inside out by toxic releases. I don't want to see that anywhere.

I'm still skeptical about all alerts and "leaks".

Next there will be a public education for all about the specific properties of heretofor unheard of nerve agents and dangerous toxins, followed by an increase in gas mask and duct tape sales, capped finally by the discovery of the long-sought manufacturing "plant" and stockpile in some ingenious location in Iraq and at least one other Arabic country. Because Bush and Blair were always right about the fabricated evidence, and they told you so.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I attributed the "things getting worse" comment to an evil elf rather than a skull-splitting warrior. Sorry to both, my bad.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Just a ploy by the office of homeland insecurity to remind you we're under "threat" and to show that they are taking charge and dealing with a situation that doesnt exist... funny how approval polls climb when theres a fresh terror alert...
We're still on orange...right? and nothings been said in about a week.

I'll bet you a dollar the president screws something up and we go down a terror level.

If something does happen, which it will eventually, i deny all knowledge...

[Edited on 4-6-2003 by David]

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   
lets hope it dosn't sniff out marajuana that sneaky spliff at lunch time

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
what is for sure, is that if there is another terrorist attack on US soil, no matter who is responsable, al-qaeda will be blamed, at that precise moment, the US will confirm that the suspected terrorists are being sheltered in Iran/Syria and there is the next war.

Iran/Syria/Yemen/Egypt/Lybia/Lebanon

all of these countries i have listed above are targets for the US and today they have no basis for an attack. This is why none of these countries will be invaded until the next large terrorist attack, when they will attempt to launch an attack in the name of Freedom and saying they have been provoked. It is up to the American people to see through the spin of the Government and realise that the best way to counter terrorism is not to intervene in other countries affairs, i doubt they will see this and for this, they in turn will suffer, because the rest of the world sees them as the problem, really though the American people are great and have good hearts and are also clever, the only problem is the media, which will not suffer but should be dismantled.

top topics

join