It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama uses National Prayer Breakfast to defend Islam and criticize Christianity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm surprised he hasn't talked about the Battle of Vienna yet.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

There is no equivalent in modern times to Islamic violence

You what?

Mexican Drug War

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Forgot about that!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Yeah many people do to be honest, they also like to forget that Mexico's population is 80% Catholic. But I guess thats neither hear nor there eh.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The Mexican cartels could be Zionist.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The Mexican cartels could be Zionist.

IF zionist means muslim, then yep.

ISIS, Mexican Drug Cartels Teaming Up?

Congressional report ties Middle East terrorists to Mexican drug cartels

Mexican Cartels Help Hezbollah Infiltrate U.S.

‘Hell to pay’ if terrorists’ link to drug cartels isn’t checked

Iron Triangle of Terror: Iran, Hezbollah, and Los Zetas?

I wonder how many work permits our dear leader gave to terrorists.

I also wonder how many terrorists, our dear leader gave amnesty to.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

declaring that "no god condones terror."

Didnt the Christians god wipe out most of humanity with a global flood?

No that's a myth.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
sorry dupe
edit on 5-2-2015 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: infolurker
news.yahoo.com...

“Unless we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ,” Obama said. “In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ"

He hasn't lied though has he?.....hes 100% accurate

So let met get this straight. Islam isn't a problem, but lets spend some time criticizing Christians for things that happened multiple hundreds of years ago?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: mOjOm

Most??? There are still pastors and heads of religious organizations now calling for the execution of gays and anyone in the family health care industry. So check your math again.

'Most??? There are still pastors and heads of religious organizations now calling for the execution of gays and anyone in the family health care industry. So check your math again.'

Textsource? I mean are you aware of any Christian church/pastor/leader suggesting this (aside from the Westboro one-church-full-of-nuts?)
look at the world today and judge the tree by the fruit.

btw, I have heard Obama sing the praises of islam on multiple occasions. Has anyone heard him once say anything positive about Christianity?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

This post is spot on. You are right. Radical liberalism is a mental illness. Now...can it be treated?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yea more made up stuff so the anti obumer crowd can pat themselves on the back.

I always get my comedy fix from ats and fox news.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Right, all organized "Christian" violence is ALL located in the long ago and far away ... NOT.

Christian Threats Force Muslim Convoy to Turn Back - UK Guardian

In the Name of the Father? Christian Militantism in Tripura, Northern Uganda, and Ambon

UN General Assembly Resolution :

Appalled at the large-scale massacre of Palestinian civilians in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps situated at Beirut,

Recognizing the universal outrage and condemnation of that massacre,

Recalling its resolution ES-7/9 of 24 September 1982,

1. Condemns in the strongest terms the large-scale massacre of
Palestinian civilians in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps;

2. Resolves that the massacre was an act of genocide

Said masscres committed by whom?

The Lebanese Phalanges Party (Arabic: حزب الكتائب اللبنانية, Ḥizb al-Katāʾib al-Lubnāniyya), better known in English as the Phalange (Arabic: al-Katāʾib), is a Christian political party in Lebanon. Although it is officially secular, it is mainly supported by Maronite Christians. The party played a major role in the Lebanese Civil War (1975–90). In decline in the late 1980s and 1990s, the party slowly re-emerged since the early 2000s. It is now part of the March 14 Alliance. (Source: Kataeb Party)

Not to mention the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda, or the Army of GOD in the US.

And so on, and so forth ... and keep in mind, this is just low-hanging fruit.

edit on 14Thu, 05 Feb 2015 14:16:01 -060015p022015266 by Gryphon66 because: Cleaning up citations

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Those weren't christian's that just burned a guy alive.
Those weren't christian's that go around beheading people.

This is a Christian who has beheaded innocent civilians.

Those aren't christians' over in Iraq, and Syria nation building.

This is a Christian, "nation building," in the Central African Republic. Part of that nation building has been locking innocent civilians in their homes, while the home is set afire.

Because we are talking about current events.

This is a Muslim child recently killed -- amongst a slaughtered village of Muslims -- by Christian terrorists.

There lots of bloody pictures of mass executions.

Because of their brutality, AntiBalaka in the Central African Republic is being called the "Christian ISIS." The problem, because it's in Africa, no one seems to care, and the news is sparse. But the atrocities of burning people in their homes, slaughtering entire villages, beheading civilians, kidnapping, and terror tactics are parallel with "ISIS."

Attrocities by Christian Militia in Central African Republic

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

You think Obama would criticize Africa? More likely he would make some anti-colonialist screed in a speech addressing Africa's problems with both Muslim and Christian tribal problems.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I could've written exactly the same thing myself, and I'm glad he has spoken out, that's one little notch for him. It should be pointed out as well that he singled out IS as a 'Death cult', NAZI's anyone? The history lesson is for those who think they should show no deference to worshippers of another belief.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Boko Haram may have just killed 2,000 people: ‘Killing went on and on and on’

ISIL beheading incidents

What Islamo-fascist's have done in Africa, and the Middle East, and the last decade FAR exceed what Christians have ever done.

There has been a non stop escalation of it.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I would imagine only catastrophic effects of certain policies would wake the populace, when things start falling apart they'll be quick to reevaluate the path we're on. I imagine a series of catalysts to shake things up would suffice.

It's also a question of shifting paradigms of thought, acceptance and degrees of circulation of thought. There's definitely change brewing in the subconscious of the collective as can be seen as growing numbers of people are speaking up. As the ideas gain more widespread acceptance more people will find the courage to go against prevailing notions as we reach a critical mass. The increasingly untenable positions and the ever present slide of progressivism(which is an opinionated and arbitrary designation and dishonest attempt to define the debate and thus perception)overreach, micromanaging and soft totalitarianism will only hasten the demise of this syrupy one dimensional and tired paradigm of thought. With its self-righteous and hypocritical pretensions of tolerance and moral superiority, this emotionally manipulative feel good religion and it's lack of self-distance and critical thought. It's an odious and poisonous ideology full of contrived "big lies".
It's a house of cards and it will come down hard on all of us one way or the other.

You can not stop a thought which time has come.

The real question to me is, who is orchestrating the environment that drives these changes? And why? This pushing of immigration on the Western world is far too monolithic and institutional to not be part of a wider agenda.
They seem completely dead set on this and they enforce it with all their might.

Is it a part of Western geostrategic ambitions and initiatives aimed at shaping events and possibly confronting the muslim word? I think that's possible but I can see a couple of other reasons too.

Either way the coming decades are crucial and this dynamic will fundamentally change the face of global power this century. It really is a brave future and the future seems like a perfect storm type situation with so many powerful and sweeping paradigm shifts taking place. This is but one of them, technology, the information war and the political awakening mentioned by Hillary Clinton and Brzezinski respectively are other important facets to consider.

We certainly live in interesting times.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Even though I'm far from being fan of President Obama, I'm just not seeing a story here. Certainly nothing Mud-Pit worthy.

Many who call or have called themselves Christian or Muslim throughout history and have claimed their actions were in the name of their religion are or were liars. Not a hard concept to understand when viewed through a lens not clouded with hate.

The yeah but you did this, you did that crowd have very cloudy lenses, some completely blocked by the log in their eyes.

How hard can it be to understand that all groups, religious or otherwise have bad apples mixed in among them?

This is going to be a looooooooooooooooong election season.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Even though I'm far from being fan of President Obama, I'm just not seeing a story here. Certainly nothing Mud-Pit worthy.

Many who call or have called themselves Christian or Muslim throughout history and have claimed their actions were in the name of their religion are or were liars. Not a hard concept to understand when viewed through a lens not clouded with hate.

The yeah but you did this, you did that crowd have very cloudy lenses, some completely blocked by the log in their eyes.

How hard can it be to understand that all groups, religious or otherwise have bad apples mixed in among them?

This is going to be a looooooooooooooooong election season.

My sentiments too!

Maybe there should be an above politics forum for those who would want to discuss politics/politicians in general, without being partisan in any way...come to think of it, it would be unique!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join