It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama uses National Prayer Breakfast to defend Islam and criticize Christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Dude, he's speaking to a room of christians. Who have a massive fear and hate of islam and muslims right now. He's trying to illustrate that Christianity once had it's radicals too but he's not blaming the people in the room calling them killers. Hell, he's having a prayer breakfast with them. He's trying to remind them that just like we don't blame modern christianity for what the past (and some of what they do now too) neither should they be blaming the whole of islam for what the radicals of islam are doing.

I don't even know how else to explain it. I just read his speech and how anyone can twist it into the opposite meaning is beyond belief. You just refuse to hear what is being said.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Awolscout

There is some more intellectual dishonesty.

Wasn't aware the WBC was going around burning people alive,beheading them, stoning people,cutting children in half, and strapping bombs on to themselves walking in to market places blowing themselves up.

Because Allah told them to.
edit on 5-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I don't give a rats snip.

Obama is the most intolerant person I have ever seen.

Hates his critics,, Hates rich people, hates business owners etc.

He is the LAST person to be doing such.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

There is some more intellectual dishonesty.

Wasn't aware the WBC was going around burning people alive,beheading them, stoning people,cutting children in half, and strapping bombs on to themselves walking in to market places blowing themselves up.

Because Allah told them to.

And neither was I aware that the majority of Islam by a long shot was either. Oh but it's totally not a prejudice thing I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I don't give a rats snip.

Obama is the most intolerant person I have ever seen.

Hates his critics,, Hates rich people, hates business owners etc.

He is the LAST person to be doing such.

Exactly. You don't give a rats ass about anything but your personal hatred toward him regardless of what he may say or do. Truth be damned. I get it. Glad to see you finally admit that.
edit on 5-2-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
My question for Mr. Obama .... you lumped all of Christianity in together with the crusades (which took place a thousand years ago). But you took great pains to present modern day ISIS separately from Islam.

Can you point out where he did this?

Here's the video and transcript:

www.c-span.org.../2015-national-prayer-breakfast

I don't see him condemning Christianity. He says people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ. That's it.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Is that right ?

Not been paying attention to current events in Iraq, and Syria eh?

Where over 190,000 people have been killed millions more displace multiplied that over the middle east ,and northern africa.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.washingtonpost.com...

That wasn't done by christian's.

Hell that is not even a civil war.

It's a coup d'etat by those innocent muslims.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Exactly. You don't give a rats ass about anything but your personal hatred toward him regardless of what he may say or do. Truth be damned. I get it. Glad to see you finally admit that.

Want to try again ?

Watched what the guy says, and what he has been doing for the last 7 years, and his non stop do as I say not as I do.

I have seen the guy make blanket statements about entire groups of people from Republicans,rich people,gun owners, bankers, corporations, and the list goes on.

But he sings a different tune when it comes to Islam. and terrorism.

Where he has consistently judged ENTIRE GROUPS of people for the actions of what a few have done.

BULL SNIP.

Only blind ideologues believe his tripe.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
A reply to buster2010 who said

" So you can lump all of the Christians back then together but you can't when it comes to Islam."

That is if you're an ignorant person with an agenda to spread.

Some of the crusades were Christians fighting each other so you certainly can't lump them all together.

The Crusades were ordered by Popes of the CATHOLIC church, how many Gnostics were fighting?

Do you for some reason thing all Christians at the time were caucasians from western Europe?

Once you lump all of any race/religion together you are a bigot,right?

I think it is disgusting that some people want to blame everything on the US and exonerate terrorists so bad they go back thousands of years to find an excuse.
edit on 5-2-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Your bigotry is showing might wanna cover that up.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Because we are talking about current events.

He was not talking about current events. He was talking about history. Maybe you don't want to hear what he has to say, but you cannot dictate what era of time he's talking about.

In our home country, slavery

Wait! You mean the Arabs didn't march a bunch of Africans across the Sahara at the very same time to sell them into slavery and justify in the name of Islam? If he's talking history, he might as well tell the whole story ...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Except most people that fought to overturn slavery also believed in Christianity.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The Crusades were political as well as religious. At that time there would have been many good Christians who would not have wanted to be a party to that. President Obama is lumping past Christians together on that score as though they all acted as the Crusaders did.

It is like saying all Christians today have committed child abuse just because a few priests have. It is a bit clumsy and blanket criticism, but I get his point.

I know that most Muslim people would not do the terrible thing that IS do. I do not blanket criticise them as a religion.

The Crusaders did some very cruel things. The Inquisition was responsible for millions of murders; so many women were burned as witches, etc. I believe it was all political and was carried out for a specific purpose that had nothing to do with religion. What they did was to hide behind a mask of religion and respectability. How could they have followed Christ because He only preached love for one's enemy and to fight our battles and GD's with words only?

edit on 5-2-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: spelling.

link   

I didn't say I believe anything he said. Understanding what is being said and believing what is being said are two totally different things. Regardless of whether or not I believe what he's saying doesn't prevent me from understanding the language itself.

The fact is that what he said in the speech wasn't insulting christians or christianity nor was it about praising islam or muslims. As if he's going to stand in front of a group of christians while having breakfast with them and do that???

He even refers to himself as christian when he said, "Our Religion..." You think he's insulting himself??? It doesn't make sense what you're saying.

link   

originally posted by: Awolscout

Your bigotry is showing might wanna cover that up.

Yeah i really don't like people that burn people alive, go around cutting others heads off, that throws gays off roof tops. That herd women, and children to mountian tops, and leaves them to die.

I don't like it when they strap bombings on to themselves, and fly planes in to buidlings. Drive trucks in to embassies, and boats in to ships in port, and blow them all up.

I am suppose to like that ?

GD i will happily were that scarlet A, and wear it with honor.

link   

Yea well said. One cant really isolate the Crusades in the face of centuries of Islamic aggression. Mosque of Omar build over the site of the Jewish Temple.....no thats not provocative.

At any rate......Obama is basically calling for what? Reflection and understanding with ISIS as a death cult in light of Christian history?

These are simply the reflections of someone trying to make an excuse for their inaction on the ISIS issue. He would have us now believe he has been showing restraint because of "high horse" calls for eradication. Well try telling that to the Jordanians now. What the hell do they care about the crusades a this point.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Only a moron like Obama would use history going back hundreds of years. As far as slavery in the US GET OVER IT! This is the 21st century! Blacks and minorities have as many opportunities as anyone. I don't feel sorry for the Denzel Washingtons, Lebron James, or Al Sharptons of the world, they don't need my sympathy! The facts are no where in the entire world are there Christians murdering thousands in the name of Christ with beheadings, suicide bombs, and lighting people on fire! When was the last time a Christian or group of Christians were eating the heart literally of their enemy? Quit living in the past! Fanatical Muslims are wreaking havoc all over the world NOT Christians! Where are the Muslim missionaries pouring millions into Africa helping the poor?
edit on 5-2-2015 by MiddleClassWhiteBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
"We are summoned to push back against those who would distort our religion for their nihilistic ends,"

Is he admitting here (or was it a slip of the tongue) that he is a muslim? OUR religion?

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

He wasn't giving a comprehensive history lesson. He was talking about people hijacking religions and doing BAD things in the name of religion. People hijack Islam and Christianity TODAY and do bad things. Simple message. Only by dissecting it, analyzing it, adding your own interpretation and prejudices can you come to your conclusions.

Jesus!

See above post for ludicrous example!
edit on 2/5/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Yes, you are correct. But that was then and this is now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join