It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama uses National Prayer Breakfast to defend Islam and criticize Christianity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

declaring that "no god condones terror."

Didnt the Christians god wipe out most of humanity with a global flood?

Funny... same God as the Jews and Muslims though. That's the ironic thing, all worship the same God, the God of Abraham.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

They are not even comparable in 2015.

Christianity with it's flaws sorted most of it's medieval crap out centuries ago.

Islam still lives in the dark ages.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: neo96

Because we are talking about current events.

He was not talking about current events. He was talking about history. Maybe you don't want to hear what he has to say, but you cannot dictate what era of time he's talking about.

If he was so intent on regaling us with religious history, then why didn't he mention the Muslim atrocities against Hindus throughout history along with the Christian Crusades and Inquisition? Oh, because he doesn't want to offend Muslims, just Christians. As with any liberal, Obama wants religious tolerance, as long as it doesn't involve Christianity.

"The magnitude of crimes credited to Muslim monarchs by the medieval Muslim historians, was beyond measure. With a few exceptions, Muslim kings and commanders were monsters who stopped at no crime when it came to their Hindu subjects. But what strikes as more significant is the broad pattern of those crimes. The pattern is that of a jihãd in which the ghãzîs of Islam 1) invade infidel lands; 2) massacre as many infidel men, women, and children, particularly Brahmins, as they like after winning a victory; 3) capture the survivors to be sold as slaves; 4) plunder every place and person; 5) demolish idolatrous places of worship and build mosques in their places; and 6) defile idols which are flung into public squares or made into steps leading to mosques."

www.voiceofdharma.org...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's Breitbart. That is as unreliable as The Blaze or Alternet or Rawstory. You have to wade through the partisan rhetoric to see if there is any truth at all to the story. Usually with those kinds of sources ... there isn't much that can be trusted.

He singled out the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria, calling the militants a "death cult," as well as those responsible for last month's terror attacks in Paris and deadly assault on a school in Pakistan.

Looks to me like he took the perps to task. 'Death Cult'. That's darn accurate. So he gets a thumbs up from me on that statement.

My question for Mr. Obama .... you lumped all of Christianity in together with the crusades (which took place a thousand years ago). But you took great pains to present modern day ISIS separately from Islam. Why didn't you give the same consideration to Christianity that you did to Islam?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/5/2015 by FlyersFan because: mod tag

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Aint them the same folks going around throwing gays off roof tops, and by some miracle they don't die?

They stone them.

Obama and his so called intellectual honesty.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Christianity with it's flaws sorted most of it's medieval crap out centuries ago.

Holy crap! Someone else here actually lives in reality instead of going along with popular promoted fantasy.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

My question for Mr. Obama .... you lumped all of Christianity in together with the crusades (which took place a thousand years ago). But you took great pains to present modern day ISIS separately from Islam. Why didn't you give the same consideration to Christianity that you did to Islam?

Ding Ding Ding!

edit on 5-2-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Perhaps he didn't make a distinction because the Popes at the times of the crusades and inquisition were in on it as well? If the leader of a religion condones the deaths of perceived heretics, does that make the entire religion a death cult?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

It's not about a direct comparison in just today's context. That's why he even said, "Remember the crusades..."

Come on man, this is simple and I know you understand what is being said here and how it's being twisted. I refuse to believe you can't see what everyone else does.

Most??? There are still pastors and heads of religious organizations now calling for the execution of gays and anyone in the family health care industry. So check your math again.

So do most of the rest of them from where I stand.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

Funny... same God as the Jews and Muslims though. That's the ironic thing, all worship the same God, the God of Abraham.

LoL, good luck convincing them of that.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Yip they all worship the same psychotic mumbo jumbo.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Bingo. You hit it right on the nose. He doesn't want to offend all Muslims by making a blanket staement about ISIS, but doesn't care about separating all Christianity from the Crusades and Inquisition.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

LoL, good luck convincing them of that.

YHWH is not Allah

www.abrahamsdescendants.com...

Prior to Mohammed cleaning out the Kaaba of its pagan idols and making it a place of worship for Allah, Allah was but one of 360 idols that say in the Kaaba in Mecca. This is simply the equivalent of a Greek entering the Parthenon and clearing out every god and goddess but Zeus and proclaims him as the one true god. This is essentially what Mohammed did when he cleaned the Kaaba in Mecca. It is well documented that Allah was originally the Koresh clan deity of Mohammed’s uncle who raised him.

Mohammed’s father and uncle even had Allah in their name: AbduLLA (father) and ObiALLAH (uncle). Before Mohammed, Allah was a well-known Arabian moon deity who had three daughters Lat, Uzza and Manat (Sura 53:19-20).

Allah is even found in pre-Islamic Arabian inscriptions and poetry as the moon god. Therefore Allah has no connection to the God of Abraham (Ibrahim) or Ishmael.

Before Mohammed, Allah was a well-known Arabian moon deity who had three daughters that are even mentioned in the Koran; Lat, Uzza and Manat (Sura 53:19-20). Arabic is a related language to Hebrew and Aramaic and nowhere in the language is Allah or anything close to it used for the name of God, Yahweh.

Actually, Allah is equivalent to the Babylonian god Baal. Even the symbol for Islam the Crescent moon and Star still declares this origin. Just because Islam is a monotheistic faith that claims to believe in the God of Abraham (Ibrahim) does not mean they have the right god.

edit on 5-2-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

"We are summoned to push back against those who would distort our religion for their nihilistic ends," Obama said during remarks at the National Prayer Breakfast. He singled out the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria, calling the militants a "death cult," as well as those responsible for last month's terror attacks in Paris and deadly assault on a school in Pakistan.

Thanks!
This deserves to be repeated.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It's not about a direct comparison in just today's context. That's why he even said, "Remember the crusades..."

I remember these:

en.wikipedia.org...

alikhan3.hubpages.com...

You can't bring up crusade without bringing up the muslim empires, and the Jihad.

Now that is CONTEXT.
edit on 5-2-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Could it be because the Crusades were started by the Pope the leader of Christianity and there is no central leader of Islam to start the terrorist groups like ISIS? So you can lump all of the Christians back then together but you can't when it comes to Islam.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Obama said that even though religion is a source for good around the world, there will always be people willing to “hijack religion for their own murderous ends.”

Notice he said "hijack religion"... Not "hijack Islam"...

He separated all extremists from their claims of piety with that sentence...

But you lot can believe whatever you like.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You can't bring up crusade without bringing up the muslim empires, and the Jihad. Now that is CONTEXT.

You have a point. Compare apples to apples instead of apples to oranges.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/5/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Yeah okay tell that to Westboro. I sure am glad we live in an era of Christian tolerance what with their lust for a theocracy where anyone who isn't straight and white is just a misled sinner.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'm rather convinced that Yahweh is Satan (who may or may not be lucifer / Baal / (apparently) Allah.

I'm back to thinking they're all the same being, if it existed at all & isnt purely a construct of the human condition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join