It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama uses National Prayer Breakfast to defend Islam and criticize Christianity

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:24 PM
a reply to: xuenchen

Judge Jeanine is ridiculous.

Or...hey! Put HER on the ballot for 2016! Iran will be a vast glassy wasteland in no time at all!!

My preference is to let them sort it.....CONTINUE to sort it out themselves. I mean, really - it's only been, what - 1500 years?
We have enough problems right here at home. Enough WAR.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:25 PM

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Yeah. Except that no one, including the President, compared ISIS to Jim Crow ...

Read the fricking speech.

Violent people working in organized groups throughout history have used religion to excuse their actions. The President didn't single out Christians, and was, in fact, a lot nicer than I would have been, because you don't have to go all the way back to the Crusades and the Inquisition to find disgusting examples of violence, murder and mayhem being committed in the name of Jesus (if you consider "Christian" related to his name).

This country was founded on the US Constitution, which clearly, as Jefferson, Adams, Monroe and others said, erects a separation between Church and State. In fact, that separation was intended to keep RELIGIONS from taking over POLITICS has they had done across human history.

Wrapping onesself in the flag and carrying a cross does not excuse the acts of history; you may not like the realities of what happened after the Civil War, but denying it happened is simply asinine. (I'm also looking for the word "genocide" in the President's speech ... and I'm not finding it BECAUSE IT'S NOT THERE. Read the speech.)

From 1882-1968, 4,743 lynchings occurred in the United States. Of these people that were lynched 3,446 were black. The blacks lynched accounted for 72.7% of the people lynched. These numbers seem large, but it is known that not all of the lynchings were ever recorded. Out of the 4,743 people lynched only 1,297 white people were lynched. That is only 27.3%. Many of the whites lynched were lynched for helping the black or being anti lynching and even for domestic crimes.

Lynching Statistics

Who is race-baiting again? Prove that Nelson Mandela (who I don't think was a saint) burned anyone alive. And even so, how does that relate to Jim Crow or ISIS ... is it important because Mandela was African and Black? Who is race-baiting again?

The President's speech is lamenting violence based in religion. All violence, all religions.

Of course, the logical argument (which POTUS didn't make because he is a Christian) is to get rid of religion entirely ... but that is, of course, far too reasonable.

Read the speech.

Wow dude, lets get something straight first, I'm not Christian

Second, lets see, Barack Obama brought up Jim Crow laws when relating to an incident of ISIS burning the Jordanian pilot. Sorry, but there is ZERO comparison to be made there. He's the one who brought up Jim Crows laws when was nothing relating to them in the subject.

Referencing the crusades however was at least a valid comparison. however it's almost A THOUSAND YEARS AGO!!!!!!! What the F*CK does something someone did 1,000 years ago have to do with justifying ANYTHING today?

I guess Barack Obama would happily defend me if I go murder some Englishman for thousand year old crimes committed against the MacKinnons ??

And YOU'RE the one who choose to IMMEDIATELY see race when I brought up Nelson Mandela. I guess it's possible you've never heard of "Necklacing", but yes Mandela sanctioned burning people alive. FACT.

So let's get freakin real. Obama sees racism in everything, therefore he can't help but be racist himself. Add Holder, Sharpton, Jackson and a slew of others to that list as well. These guys feel aggrieved and angry at perceived injustices in their lives, and as a result they sympathize with the actions of extremists.

You know what's really screwed up? Obama and Holder gave weapons to these guys:

And we think ISIS are scary? These guys are basically in control of one of our NEIGHBORS!

edit on 8-2-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:27 AM
a reply to: infolurker

Obama's hatred for all religions "not Muslim" is finally showing through, even he is having a hard time covering for the insanity that IS has done in name of Islam.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:38 PM

originally posted by: abe froman
In a country that prides itself on separation of church and state why do we have a National Prayer anything?

Good point. There wouldn't be all this hullaballoo if there wasn't (and there shouldn't be) a National Prayer venue.

new topics

<< 10  11  12   >>