It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suit: Man held 20 hours after asking to file TSA complaint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
All I can say is thank goodness there was a camera recording this encounter. If all of this is true I hope the Supervisor gets fired or worse and the gentleman wins his day in court.

The Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA —

A traveler detained for more than 20 hours after a search of energy bars and a sports watch in his carry-on bag at an airport has sued the Transportation Security Administration and accused a TSA supervisor of lying.

Architect and runner Roger Vanderklok said he was arrested after asking TSA workers how to file a complaint. He said he spent nearly a day in a holding cell without being questioned by police or given the chance to call his wife, who was frantic.

"It's difficult to lose control of your existence. That's what it amounts to," Vanderklok said Wednesday. "I was absolutely terrified."

Well bet that will teach him it is not nice to not lick the boots of you masters.. unless he wins a big settlement..
www.wpxi.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
And not one single person should be surprised about this.

Just another shining example of a corrupt Fed Govt.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Sounds like a case of bad parenting...

"You want to complain? I'll give you something to complain about!"

All the while he's being held, I'm sure some weapons made it through security.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
A bit stupid to ask the very people your going to file the complaint against, Why is he shocked. This should not be allowed to happen. This shows exactly how our Government and the federal agencies under the governments control, are running wild.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The TSA agents probably have a demi-god complex. "You have to obey me" and I mean how can they not we give them the right to violate others and touch people where they don't want to be touched. You or me can't do that in public to someone else. But they can! Why because we put them on a pedestal that there demi-gods.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Moral of the story:

Don't travel by airplane.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Obviously the guy was a terrorist.

Energy bars could be used as weapons.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hope he wins... Also hope he doesn't have to fly often cause someone just made the list.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

I agree...I avoid it like the plague...if we all do...they will shut down airports or have to reduce costs...thus laying off tsa agents who will then have no job...boycott!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
One can't paint the whole system as putrid because of one or three bad, rotten apples...
but it could be argued.

I offer that anyone given authority over another should be vetted carefully and paid accordingly, adding a bit of pride and professionalism to the position.

Hiring cheap labor to check out passengers and their belongings is a bad starting place... our priorities are askew in America.

Who watches the watchers?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
One can't paint the whole system as putrid because of one or three bad, rotten apples

The TSA is the rotten apple.

top topics

join