It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul says Jesus is the Devil in Acts

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
A lot of anti Jesus stuff lately.....I mean always on this site but lately there seems to be a bit of an increase.
Only strengthens my faith in him and IMHO lends credence to Revelation.

Nah, you are listening to others fear of the unknown is all. Those that understand this place is not reality (just a playground) for spiritual growth get it.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Well I'm sure He could create it, but it does not exactly flow with his teachings, so I am wont to believe the Church.

But this is not the threadfor that argument. Thanks for watching the video. I posted one of him before and members here just made fun of me and overlooked it.

Peace to you.
edit on 122828p://444 by backcase because: serious misspelling

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: backcase

Well I'm sure He could create it, but it does not exactly flow with his teachings, so I am wont to believe the Church.
Peace to you. 'Posted one his videos before members overlooked and was made fun of'.

Its their loss (probably meant to be); they were closed minded and missed a great opportunity to find yet another source of enlightenment; it comes in many forms hidden; and you give it as a gift; yet not everyone is ALLOWED to SEE IT; do you understand?
edit on 12-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: backcase

Now that's the rubbish you were talking about. Right there. The apostles were all married by the time Paul envied them in his letter to the Corinthians. The Lord, however, was no longer married, since «death did them part» or so they say anyway...

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

And Jesus also says, 'But He said to them, "Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given. "For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it."' Matthew 19:11-12

Terrible hermeneutics. Please site the scripture stating that any of the apostles made themselves eunuchs.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Some of the Apostles HAD wives but they left them to do godly works.

Okay, I call B.S. here. Jesus was against divorce for one thing, and the Holy Spirit says a couple should only keep sex from one another for a very short time for fasting only lest they be tempted of the devil.

The apostles had wives, except Paul.

You have direct knowledge of the holy spirit's teachings? Who is it exactly; other than one of the Trinity, I did not know it could have an opinion. I am serious.

It's the Christian position that the Holy Spirit inspired all of scripture. He was the source author, the human authors only held the writing utensils.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

They were not eunuchs in the sense that they cut off their junk, they were eunuchs in the sense that they consecrated themselves to God with great holy ardour and zeal.

Jesus tells them to keep sacrifices to themselves, but it is well known that John remained a virgin.

Most of my information on the apostles comes from a book called 'Poem Of The Man~ God', which may not be a valid source for many, but I feel as if I know the Apostles personally.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I'm not one to pretend to understand. I'm a very frank and honest person and I like to speak similarly.

But Sheen and Aquinas have completely different styles, I still do not believe they are the same entity, but different ones who were both enlightened by being submersed in God's presence and purity.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

They were not eunuchs in the sense that they cut off their junk, they were eunuchs in the sense that they consecrated themselves to God with great holy ardour and zeal.

Do you have a scripture reference for that? Or is it prejudicial arbitrary conjecture? Because, there is scripture saying certain apostles had wives.

but it is well known that John remained a virgin.

Maybe him and Paul did, who knows, but the other apostles had wives. Peter's wife is specifically spoken of.

edit on 12-2-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

It goes along with Jesus saying they have left wives and homes for what they will receive from God. Plus the establishment of the Church and Paul saying it is better to remain unmarried and serve the Lord.

I'm not saying it is a bad thing to be married and have a family. It is actually very good and I would say very hard too.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Only a few apostles had families that were spoken of. Peter is specifically a good example. He left his boat and his wife for obedience to Jesus. He still loved her and made sure she was taken care of, I'm sure, but his purpose for family was forsaken for the family of the Church.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

It goes along with Jesus saying they have left wives and homes for what they will receive from God. Plus the establishment of the Church and Paul saying it is better to remain unmarried and serve the Lord.

That's quite a contortion of what Paul said. For one he said its better to "remain" unmarried, not "leave your wife". Secondly, Paul said that it's a gift and most people don't have that gift from the Holy Spirit. A doctrine or a belief must be logically consistent and not contradict other passages in the Bible, specifically it says "It's not good for man to be aloe" and "He who has found a wife has a blessing from the Lord", and the man who doesn't take care of his family is "worse than an unbeliever"

"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." ~ 1 Timothy 5:8

Scripture cannot be twisted to support a position of the pope. The Catholic Church denied priests to marry because of inheritance rights, not because of scripture. Scripture was twisted to justify it. Peter, the "first pope", had a wife. Her and his mother in law are specifically mentioned in scripture.

edit on 12-2-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The quote there is about Jesus figuring there must be something seriously wrong with someone not to marry, and he lists up different scenarios that would render someone an eunuch, and thereby would lack the balls needed to fulfil the obligations and strings attached within the ancient ring-oath of matrimony.

Jesus was a rabbi. You don't get to be a rabbi unless you have wife and children. It is the first mitzwah God gives us in Genesis. To be fruitful and multiply (Gen. 1:28). You can't be a Jewish rabbi or priest and not be married with a family. Christians are too hung up in the Catholic and Protestant heresies.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
originally posted by: NOTurTypical
originally posted by: veteranhumanbeing

VHB: You have direct knowledge of the holy spirit's teachings? Who is it exactly; other than one of the Trinity, I did not know it could have an opinion. I am serious.

NOTurTypical: It's the Christian position that the Holy Spirit inspired all of scripture. He was the source author, the human authors only held the writing utensils.

Oh, THAT guy; the one I speak with that calls itself "Origin" is actually the 'holy spirit'; (does IT ever have some explanations to answer for now AS IS IN BIG TROUBLE) never informed me of its true identity, you sure about this? (before I put its feet to the fire).
edit on 12-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

Utnapisjtim: Jesus was a rabbi. You don't get to be a rabbi unless you have wife and children. It is the first mitzwah God gives us in Genesis. To be fruitful and multiply (Gen. 1:28). You can't be a Jewish rabbi or priest and not be married with a family. Christians are too hung up in the Catholic and Protestant heresies.

You said it yourself "Jesus was NOT a Rabbi" as was not married/no progeny. Men at the age of 33 unmarried were 'suspect' and cast out of that society. Christians opted into a choice, to believe in the Orthodox or Protestant testimony; what "hung up" heresies are you speaking of?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

backcase: I'm not one to pretend to understand. I'm a very frank and honest person and I like to speak similarly.

But Sheen and Aquinas have completely different styles, I still do not believe they are the same entity, but different ones who were both enlightened by being submersed in God's presence and purity.

Well they do as you say; were born many centuries apart residing within different geological/economic/political/religious circumstances/areas. The fact you are arguing this supposition of mine (Aquinas and Sheen are the same person) is interesting. Not understanding your idea of "different ones" both enlightened are submersed? Are we not all allowed/have the availability of that enlightenment EQUALLY/SHARED? to revel in Gods presence?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I don't think it's a contortion. I find reason for sanctity filling scripture and I agree with it. I have known many holy people to be chaste and Jesus says that the pure of heart see God.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I don't understand your question: "Are we not all allowed/have the availability of that enlightenment EQUALLY/SHARED? to revel in Gods presence?"

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I don't understand your question: "Are we not all allowed/have the availability of that enlightenment EQUALLY/SHARED? to revel in Gods presence?

The simple question is "does God speak/talk to you" ever at all; let you know everything is OK?
edit on 14-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Yes

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join