It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC News anchor Brian Williams caught in a lie #Brianwilliamsmemories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
From CNN
No surprise to me except he admits to it!

The admission by NBC's Brian Williams that he fibbed about being on a U.S. military helicopter that took enemy fire during the Iraq War prompted the hashtag: #BrianWilliamsMemories.

In case you missed it, Williams, the anchor of the "NBC Nightly News," apologized on Wednesday for multiple claims over the years that he'd been aboard a helicopter that was "forced down after being hit by an RPG." The incident happened on March 24, 2003.

A helicopter was forced down by enemy fire. But Williams wasn't on it. His chopper arrived about an hour later and landed next to the damaged one.

Williams blamed his version of the incident on foggy memory, and said he felt terrible.

What a dumb ass.. that is all..

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

Although he says he misremembered, I don't see how that is possible.

weird word
edit on 062828p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

No surprise there is more truth in this movie clip than in most media ...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Another case of Stolen Valour...... yet again.....

Trust me, one could never forget a fire fight let alone an RPGed hit Helio.....

Foggy memory.....

hmmmm Zed Zep play the little known song here please....

Guess he may not have inhaled and almost a virgin on wedding night too
NLBS missed this stinking turd....
/sarcasm...

edit on 2/5/2015 by IceHappy because: Added last two lines of sleepy attempt of wit

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Posted yesterday. Still on the first page of "new threads." Literally two threads below yours in the forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on pThu, 05 Feb 2015 06:04:46 -060020155America/Chicago2015-02-05T06:04:46-06:0028vx2 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
He doesn't remember because he wasn't on it. He was told to talk about it as if he was there and embellish the story for ratings or more viewers. To sink their emotions and further an agenda. To capture the audience in fear and keep the train rolling. It's simple manipulation tactics that all news stations (especially the BIG 3) use and employ just to fulfill their duties to their corporate overlords that are paid by the gov't to speak a certain way.

He is apologizing because he got caught lying. It doesn't change the fact that NBC altered phone call records to fit their story, or that they produced an entire set to look like a middle east environment, only to be caught faking the entire story years later.

Typical garbage spewing from the fatbox they call TV. If you watch it and believe everything they say, you are part of the problem. Turn it off.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

oops! Did a search didn't see it MODS close if needed!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'm sick of it. I am sick of all the Quislings of humanity who have sold their soul to this evil energy that rules this planet. Brian Willians is a talking head, a mouthpiece for the system.... F$ck the main stream media, the corporate propaganda outlet, spewing lies to keep the slaves afraid and towing the line. F$ck this evil system that keep humanity in slavery, trudging day after day to some job that they hate, taxed to death, poisoned by chemtrails and GMO food and pharmacology and chemistry and Monsanto stuck in this wheel of hatred, fear and pain. It doesn't have to be this way, all it takes is a change in consciousness, a new perspective. Take back your power. This is a game, a total immersion game and you are avatar of the creator of the game, you already have all the God codes because for all intents and purposes, you are God, but you've got to realize this and put it into action, which means that enough of us have to stand up and say NO!. "We are as mad as hell and we're not going to take this anymore"- Network

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-2-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: I'M AS MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOINNA TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Geez, must of been a really really foggy memory. If you cant remember being in a situation which involved an RPG, and helo and a crash landing then youve got some serious problems. LOL. 2003 was before Brian Williams had been made it to the very top. He was on his way, so he probably fabricated the story to make it look like he was a hard nosed reporter who had been in a helo crash and was still reporting on it, Everyone hire Brian Williams he is a bad a$$. Kidding

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Only reason he "came clean" was because he got caught. Now he lies about the lie.

People are acting surprised?? Defending and making excuses for him?

IT IS HIS JOB TO LIE TO US!

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes." John Swinton, former Chief of Staff, The New York Times.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Please continue at the ongoing:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join