It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This barber will publicly shame your misbehaving kid with an old man’s haircut

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You don't have much personal experience with kids do you? My own experience has been exactly opposite. My kids friends were all nice kids. My youngest is 19 the oldest is 40 so I have years and years of experience.
One kid who made a bunch of mistakes and did time in jail was still very polite and respectful when he was at my house. He was stupid in his actions but he was still nice.
Your rant sounds a little cliche to me.

a reply to: HomerinNC

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yeah, lets 'talk' to these kids, see how that works....

Want me to go on?
Some kids need a good old ass kicking

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I have a 12 year old son, I dont spoil him, he doesnt get his way. He gets what he NEEDS, not what he WANTS. Its the spoiled kids that do this if they dont get their way.
I've had to spank him twice and he hasnt acted out since.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Grounding is kidnapping now? Oh wow . I don't think so.
And there is never a reason to brutalize anyone especially a kid. Start young with diversions away from unacceptable behavior, restrict activities in older children. Keep the lines of communication open and set a good example. Parenting is a tough job . It wasn't meant to be easy and takes dedication to the child's future.. a reply to: andy1972

edit on 252015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

what ever happened to sitting your kid down and having a conversation?

Kids today dont give a DAMN what a parent has to say, they will ignore you. They have no respect for most adults, and some NEED to be humiliated publicly in order to wake the hell up
Stop codling your kids!!!

Well, start earlier. Spoiling the 5 year old and then expecting respect when they get older doesn't work.

While I thought the visual was funny, I'm in the camp of personal abuse.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
When I was 14. I called my mom the "b" word. Once.

A cast iron pan upside the head corrected that behaviour awful fast. Never called my mom the "b" ever again.

Kids these days are far too coddled.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We (his mother and I) did start early. When he threw a temper tantrum, we tried punish him by sending him to his room, when he acted out in there, I spanked him. He hasnt thrown a fit since. Nowadays, he is well behaved and polite.
Dont get me wrong, I DO blame the parents when they get to this point, the parents should have put their foot down when they were younger, but with the threat of child abuse looms over their heads JUST for disciplining a child, thanks to all the liberals out there, these parents dont know what to do.
Myself, I didnt give a damn, if he acted out, he got the belt, just as I did.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Wouldn't do it to a girl of course but young lads? heck my Dad embarrassed me in front of my pals and schoolmates every chance he got especially If I was naughty.
He is a cross between Frank Gallagher and Uncle Buck.
The boys hair will grow back in a few days and he will have a story to tell to his mates.
I think in the long run it is character building but of course it depends on the child If you know your child well enough to know he can take it in his stride.
So for me personally If my parents did this to me as a kid I would take notice of the reason why, take some jip at school for a few days and dust off and carry on.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So does he not listen? Does he tune you out? If not where do you get "kids today blah blah blah" ?
In forty years of parenting I never raised a hand to my kids. You've hit twice in a quarter of that time. And I'm sorry but if you hit him twice you've hit him more than that.
Hitting is just you taking out your frustrations on the kid because you couldn't think of a better path. The only thing a kid learns from getting hit is the law of the bigger fist. I know I was physically abused by my mother until I was 16 . Then I hit her back and that ended the abuse. It also made me vow never to raise my hand to a child. My way is harder and takes time and dedication but I think it's way better.

reply to: HomerinNC

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Excuse me, dont PRESUME to tell me how many times I've spanked my child. I've had to do it TWICE, and that was enough.

If you think a spanking is abuse, you have something wrong with YOU. Ever hear the saying spare the rod and you spoil the child?

Seems to have worked for thousands of years.
We are raising a generation of spoiled, coddled children, and I blame the parents of this generation.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Boys hair doesn't grow any faster than a girl's. Thats about a quarter inch a month.
Sorry your dad was like that. My own dad worked two jobs and was never home. He left me with the psycho mother who hit first and asked questions later. She was also emotionally abusive I'd ask if I was pretty and she'd say things like yeah pretty ugly or because I was tiny she'd say nice things come in small packages...like poison...then she would call me pussy cat and try to be nice. Talk about being contrary. reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

I have a 12 year old son, I dont spoil him, he doesnt get his way. He gets what he NEEDS, not what he WANTS. Its the spoiled kids that do this if they dont get their way.
I've had to spank him twice and he hasnt acted out since.

Homer, ya, I've read and seen picts of you and your son together, and you sure across as a good father. And I notice you use the word "spank". Lots of difference between a "spanking" and a beating. No worries.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yes I've heard the phrase. It's from the bible which also advocates an eye for an eye.
Any hitting is abuse. You're way bigger and the child has no defense against you unless he can run very fast. What did he learn? That you'll hit him again if he repeats the offense? That's fear not respect. I was raised by an abuser I know fear, not just the beatings but the pinches, kicks under a table, the back hand slap in the mouth, the twisting of an arm while she spoke through her teeth if we were in public. I kept my hands to myself and had to try very very hard and dedicate myself to learning a different way.
But I'm not going to debate the subject all day so let's leave it at that's your choice and I made mine. a reply to: HomerinNC

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Whats the difference between a spanking and a beating? The location where the blows land that's it. reply to: ladyinwaiting

edit on 252015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

No I ain't complaining about my Dad that was my Dad he didn't do it in a malicious way he liked meself like a laugh.
He once dropped me off to school in a beat up mini cooper in just his Y-fronts right at the school gate and got out and waved bye to me and "I love you son"....I nearly died.
But my mates loved it.
Your mum does sound like a nutter
But heck now you got your own so all is good
edit on 5-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
And that thousands of years of sparing the rod has given us a violent war prone society so much for that example. reply to: HomerinNC

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Whats the difference between a spanking and a beating? The location where the blows land that's it. reply to: ladyinwaiting

Umm... No. A spanking is an open-handed slap on the buttocks. It doesn't do any more than cause mild pain and a little humiliation. A beating is something entirely different. A beating would implying closed fists and landing blows elsewhere on the body such as the chest, arms, legs, face, etc. A spanking doesn't even leave a bruise, at worst it leaves a little red mark.

I really can't stand it when people call a spanking "child abuse"

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Heck I know I deserved every spanking I got.
I was a right naughty cheeky bugger

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
And that thousands of years of sparing the rod has given us a violent war prone society so much for that example. reply to: HomerinNC

Correlation != Causation.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Spank - Verb - to strike (a person, usually a child) with the open hand, a slipper, etc., especially on the buttocks, as in punishment.

Beat - Verb - to strike (a person or animal) repeatedly and injuriously (Emphasis mine)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join