It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This barber will publicly shame your misbehaving kid with an old man’s haircut

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Got a kid who’s raising hell? Afraid the police will be called if you break out the belt? A suburban Atlanta barbershop may have a solution for you.

Three days a week, parents can take their misbehaving kids to A-1 Kutz in Snellville and ask for the “Benjamin Button Special,” which Russell Fredrick and his team of barbers are offering — free of charge — to parents who want to try a novel form of discipline.

The cut involves shaving hair off the child’s crown until he begins to resemble a balding senior citizen, inviting that unique brand of adolescent humiliation that can only come from teasing classmates and unwanted attention.

Supporters say it’s the perfect punishment for misbehaving kids who want to “act grown.”
www.washingtonpost.com...

klik for more ^including the old man hair cut.
OK those of us over a certain age or came from immigrant communities,are well familiar with the belt a shoe,an old fashioned ruler you know those yellow 12in ones?? ..well times have changed the spare the rod spoil the child thingy is just not a thing anymore , and sometimes it's for the best, but a brat will be a brat, time outs may work but not all the time, I got away by using my god voice on my daughters till they became teens and call me on it, so I just cut the cell phones and watched them go into a panic, denying them $$ also helped, but is public shaming the right way to go ??

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Bahahaha! While perhaps bordering on slightly cruel it is really funny, perhaps a couple of weeks of taunts at school will help kick some bratty kids into line.

I have two girls so sadly this form of punishment is probably a little too far for them

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: longy9999
Bahahaha! While perhaps bordering on slightly cruel it is really funny, perhaps a couple of weeks of taunts at school will help kick some bratty kids into line.

I have two girls so sadly this form of punishment is probably a little too far for them

Denying them phone access works for me.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I saw that not too long ago.
Frankly, it's borderline child abuse.
This is public shaming 101.
what ever happened to sitting your kid down and having a conversation?
Now even punishment has to be loud, public, and viral?
does the kid come with a "re-tweet" button on his forehead or something?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
I saw that not too long ago.
Frankly, it's borderline child abuse.
This is public shaming 101.
Now even punishment has to be loud, public, and viral?
does the kid come with a "re-tweet" button on his forehead or something?

But sometimes that conversation goes in one ear and out the other,there have to be a back-up plan I am fairly certain that was not the immediate choice for most parents some kids are just hard headed,I know I was I knew everything.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Won't this just encourage bullying at school?
I wouldn't do this to my boys. Just doesn't seem right..

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This is not borderline child abuse, but child abuse. Not as much from the parents, who have to find a way to discipline their children without causing them serious bodily harm (which taking away their cell phones does, making them actually see the world and thus hurting their tiny little eyes), but from the barber, who must delight in the abuse he's inflicting on the kids in his chair. That old song comes to mind...."BARBER, leave those kids alone".

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Classic!!, i like it!!, more should do it!
B. V. Ha reply to: Spider879

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Nice!

The mere threat of that should scare some of the kids straight.

Child abuse?? Wth? Most kids get a few bad haircuts in their life... Is that child abuse as well?

Who is to serve time for that? The parents for picking the barber/hairstylist or the barber/hairstylist themselves? Maybe all of them. A convoy of indictments for a bad haircut... Geez.

I have seen much worse on children when the parents couldn't afford to take them somewhere and they did the best they could do themselves. It's too bad the parents didn't know they were ruining the rest of their children's lives rendering them unable to ever hold down a job, have a functional family, and not spread the abuse to their own children.

They'll be busting disability wide open because they had a bowl cut in the fifth grade...

Sounds legit.

edit on 2/5/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Abuse ?

Puhlease...

My brother was forced to get the home-job gawd awful bowl cut all the time, and I always ended up with the damn home-job 1950's beehive hairdo... in the fricken 1970's.

Wussy kids these days.

Pfft.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I dunno about this one...i am all for discipline but public humiliation will most likely come back to bite you in the ass....

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
No wonder kids are fecked up nowadays If people call this child abuse...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Never done KG any harm..

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Shout at your kid...child abuse and pyschological damage.

Open up a whole can of whoopass on him with a slipper...child abuse.

Prevent him from going out....child abuse and kidnap.

Cut his hair like an old man...child abuse.

What the sweet Jesús has happened to the world.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972
Shout at your kid...child abuse and pyschological damage.

Open up a whole can of whoopass on him with a slipper...child abuse.

Prevent him from going out....child abuse and kidnap.

Cut his hair like an old man...child abuse.

What the sweet Jesús has happened to the world.

Yup and we wonder why kids are feral.

I was brought up old style. In the 90's when this new age #e was starting.
I ended up with a good education and no criminal record which is more than I can say for many of my classmates.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Sexually abusing a kid = child abuse
Beating your kid black 'n' blue = child abuse
constantly psychologically undermining a child through verbal abuse, gaslighting etc = child abuse

This is a somewhat unusual action but it certainly isn't child abuse.

You could argue that this is bad parenting (personally I'm on the fence on whether this is good/bad parenting) but their is leagues of difference between bad parenting and abuse.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Sure, public shaming. Why not bring back the stocks in the town center while we're at it.
We used restriction of toys and electronics and never hit our kids. When they were very young and got cranky we used diversion and a little extra hugging and soft speech to calm the little one.
We also set a good example which is the best teacher.
This is parents being lazy. Funny it's on the tv right now.
a reply to: Spider879

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Actually, legally it is a form of Emotional Abuse. To intentionally humiliate, degrade or the demean the child.

I personally find it repulsive.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Kids today dont give a DAMN what a parent has to say, they will ignore you. They have no respect for most adults, and some NEED to be humiliated publicly in order to wake the hell up
Stop codling your kids!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Not that I advocate it but a spanking is over when you set the child down. Time out ends in an hour. Grounding a week or so. But this? It takes months for hair to grow back so the kid is reminded of the punishment until their hair grows back or until they get the rest shaved off. And what about girls? Shave their heads too? Yeah let's make them a social pariah. Like little girls can't be mean enough in the first place. The taunting of a bald girl would be cruel beyond measure and would cause psychological damage no matter what you think. It's abuse.
As for the punishment fitting the crime this for a kid is a sentence they are forced to serve.

a reply to: monkofmimir

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join