It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Government Introduces Bill On EMF Radiation Safety

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
winnipeg.ctvnews.ca...

Canadian bill to help protect Canadians on health risks of long term usage of EMF emitting devices especially for young children.One study showed that cell phone users that started using cell phones as adolescents were 4 times more likely to get brain tumors.Also cell phone radiation may be decreasing sperm mobility reducing fertility for men that carry cell phones in there pockets. This is a serious issue and should be looked at more closely.People that complain about EMF sensitivity aren't as crazy as some people would have you believe..
edit on amq000000amThu, 05 Feb 2015 00:30:39 -0600300000003905000000 by Aquariusdude because: correction

edit on amq000000amThu, 05 Feb 2015 00:31:10 -0600310000001005000000 by Aquariusdude because: title correction

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Aquariusdude

I was just contemplating a scifi scenario where the US EPA bans all electromagnetic emissions due to potential carcinogenic effects. Regulating human exhalation was really a better schtick for sure (carbon tax) but, wow, what a scam if they could pull it off. Think of the implications to communications and, frankly, any microprocessor usage. Heck, pretty much any electrical activity of any kind would be closely monitored or strictly verboten.
edit on 5-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I was just contemplating a scifi scenario where the US EPA bans all electromagnetic emissions due to potential carcinogenic effects. Banning human exhalation was really a better schtick for sure (carbon tax) but, wow, what a scam if they could pull it off. Think of the implications to communications and frankly any microprocessor usage.

Yeah would have huge implications but would never happen as we are very dependent on the technology.We just need to use common sense and not put wifi routers in schools where developing children are very sensitive to wifi radiation. Even worst some schools even lease out there property to cell phone companies for towers! Also when using a cell phone we should use a bluetooth or an airtube headset which minimizes EMF radiation to the head.I was involved in legal case and the attorney I hired died of a brain tumor on the side of the head where he used his cellphone!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I agree, I have been very wary of the ubiquity of microwave transmissions. I guess doing radio made me aware of the power involved in broadcast.

Interestingly, Murray Rothbard had a property rights based wireless spectrum concept (maybe I made that up but, I have one I attribute to him) that could conceivably apply from the policy perspective. Just as when overrun from an overfilled manure pile constitutes a property violation when traversing otherwise usable property so would be the case when a broadcaster occupies reserved spectrum (by local agreement), a property violation is in effect.
edit on 5-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Maybe some navy dude will come along and verify that their powerful ship radars have warnings not to get in the beam while in use......
A lot at once or a little over a lifetime whats the difference in the end results.......

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling
Flouroscope

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Uh, oh! Don't tell NLBS they already decided that EMF radiation isn't a danger. I am surprised the Canadian Government wasn't notified.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

skeptic overlord himself in this thread link on page 2
stated that " With my background in radio technologies, I expect to discover some supportable evidence for EMF sensitivity syndrome tied to harmonics. We didn't find any, and went hard after the scammers. ".

so ats is in fact denying you can be affected by emf and pushing this belief on nlbs,,
im not sure harmonics are any way related and maybe he went down the wrong road im not sure?????????????????.
question would the frequency be more related by merging with the frequencies of the brain .

if we take a look at this data link

The system relies on a silicon chip implanted into the brain, which records “action potentials” in neural activity from an array of electrode sensors and sends data to a computer. The frequency with which action potentials are generated provides the computer key information about the direction and speed of the user’s intended movement.

it would seem the frequency would have some effect.

edit on 5-2-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

so ats is in fact denying you can be affected by emf and pushing this belief on nlbs

It is very possible nlbs is feeding us some rather large turds ......

An emf is an energy,any energies that mix with our own surely has an effect....

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien

stated that " With my background in radio technologies, I expect to discover some supportable evidence for EMF sensitivity syndrome tied to harmonics. We didn't find any, and went hard after the scammers. ".

Yup, the decision has been made at ATS. The OP and Canadian government are simply dropping another Turd in an ATS thread that is going to require more cleaning up.

Now lets all wait for the post removals and warnings...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: stuthealien

Yup, the decision has been made at ATS. The OP and Canadian government are simply dropping another Turd in an ATS thread that is going to require more cleaning up.

Now lets all wait for the post removals and warnings...

Yeah I can't believe ATS is alienating there audience basically.They are attacking the very foundation of what this site is.And that's to express a belief without ridicule..

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
My colleagues the radar technicians have disproportionately more daughters than sons. Despite following safety protocols and observing the appropriate distances.

On one occasion I was working on a fire control radar of a corvette at port. Having secured all safety interlocks and so on, I felt confident about going topside. After working a while I suddenly noticed a shrill buzz that repeated at a few seconds interval. It did not come from any specific direction; it felt more like the sound was inside my head.

I had not thought of the sister ship across the quay. They had started their medium-power surveillance radar and I was right in the main beam.

The medics checked my eyes for thermally induced cataracts and assured me nothing was amiss.

top topics

join